PDA

View Full Version : 06 Euro auto vibration

aldo10
24-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I tried a bit of a search but couldn't find anything.

The problem occurs under gentle, very gentle actually, acceleration when I'm guessing the vehicle has changed to a too high gear. There is an almost hunting which is very noticable. You can eliminate it by accelerating harder or backing off.

It's due for it's 90K service so prior to servicing I called Honda about it. They say it's common and is almost always fixed with an auto transmission flush/fluid replacement. They say under the most extreme cases they need to replace the torque converter.

I asked why the issue may be present seeing they claim it's common. They told me that they believe the scheduled service interval for the auto of 120K is too long.

So I replied that it was an issue with Honda and I should be getting it looked at before it gets worse. He said it was vehicle specific and was common of vehicles which towed and used in hot enviroments, nth Qld etc.

Anyone here had this issue?

I thought I would ask before giving the car to Honda.

Fredoops
24-02-2012, 11:19 PM
I mentioned in a post before about honda tranny's
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?154787-CL9-amp-CU2-You-got-Automatic-transmission-*you-ll-WANT-to-read-this*&highlight=automatic

ryaan
25-02-2012, 08:03 AM
yea just give it a auto tranny fluid flush and see if it goes away (y) shouldnt cost that much

HONTUNE
26-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah it's torque convertor shudder. At theHonda dealers they do a 6x flush.. If doesn't fix.. Replacing torque convertor is all the gets rid of it.

aldo10
03-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the info lads. I have the car booked in for a tranny flush (two complete flushes $180) next week. I rang two different dealers and they both said they do two changes of fluid.

Hopefully this will sort out the issues.

Fredoops
03-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the info lads. I have the car booked in for a tranny flush (two complete flushes $180) next week. I rang two different dealers and they both said they do two changes of fluid.

Hopefully this will sort out the issues.
2 changes only replace 2/3rd of the old fluid or less.

You need 3 changes to get to 90% new fluids dont you?

PS: if car is not in warranty, you might want to consider better fluids than the ARF-Z1 offered at honda dealers.

aldo10
20-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks fellas. I have the car back and managed to put a few ks on it before responding here. It runs perfectly. I will be getting the transmission fluid changed at the next service for peace of mind and the fact I need to burn through more money.

Very happy. A recent run up to Hervey Bay, about a 650km round trip saw it return 6.4l/100k loaded with four in the car and a weeks worth of luggage.

rambohung
26-03-2012, 02:43 PM
You probably no need to do flush every service, I do it every 20K or 30k depends on your driving, it seems doing fine with mine.

Fredoops
26-03-2012, 05:28 PM
It's probably easier (and cheaper due to labour costs) to do a 1x drain and fill over 3 services than doing a 3x flush in 1 service.