PDA

View Full Version : Wheel opinions for black em1

Aleksa
25-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi guys. I want to buy new wheels for my black em1. Spent the last 2 weeks researching wheels. And I am incapable of making an informed decision. The only people I talk to are my cousins, who are like "20 inch wheels slammed" they all own luxury type cars and are a walking wog stereotype, my friends who are mostly viet and drive evo's and such who say anything under 18 is gay and my brother who isn't into cars and just says leave the ones you have and save money (the ones i have on are 17inch bronze lenso wheels). So these peoples opinions are pretty much crazy for an em1. I don't know weather to go for 15's or 16's and for colour i was thinking red or gold, leaning towards red. I got a set of 15 inch bbs rs that i'm half way through rebuilding so was thinking of getting deeper dishes and painting them either red or gold and then again I'm thinking would 16's be better and are more 'sporty' looking wheels better. I like dish, not crazy insane dish but 2 to 3 inch is fine. Little bit of poke would be nice too. I am going to buy front and rear camber kits and coil overs, right now it's sitting on lowered springs of unknown origin which were on the car when I bought it.

So red or gold (or any other colour)? 15 or 16? wheel type? Thanks I value all of your opinions as most of the members cars look very nice. I can't reply straight away as I'm busy most of the time but will reply asap when i get time. Thanks...

-Tom
25-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Are you getting rims to please yourself or other people?

15s look fine on an EM1, go through the Appearance Gallery and have a look at what you like.

IV73CI
25-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Ive git 17s super lightweight.. Feels like a 15inch... Gold and looks great on black cars

Aleksa
25-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Nah i'm getting them for myself, but im not too sure because I've never had a honda in the past and all my previous cars were all like 17 inch sports wheels black, buddy club p1's, oz racing, etc. So going red is a big step and if i were to paint the bbs's red, it was a lot of effort to rebuild and buy new bolts and dishes, just wanted some opinions. I been looking at heaps of black cars with all sorts of wheels. Just was curious for others opinions. But yeah thanks for your comments. I'm def interested in the 15 or 16's sorry, like the look over the look of 17+...

charliebrown
25-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Bronze and... bronze. Best look on black car :thumbsup:

dr1ftaX
25-02-2012, 08:55 PM
BBS RS is winning already, in any colour! If you don't want them send em my way! haha

YeahByuddy
25-02-2012, 09:18 PM
no,15 too small,better try 16 or 17 and some sporty look.spoon racing or myoogen

Drifter995
25-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Could always get them re barrelled to 16inch ;D more dish and bigger :D probably cost a bit of coin however

IV73CI
26-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Bronze and... bronze. Best look on black car :thumbsup:

X2 gold/bronze kn black car ftw!!

Black wheels on a black car?? What for? U mite as well go black pursuit chaser stock wheels..(steelies)...

Inb4rage!

Aleksa
26-02-2012, 03:01 PM
yeah got bronze on my car already in 17's. I like bronze but i'm over the lenso wheels. bbs rs wheels are one of the best looking wheels, hence why i bought them in pretty bad conditon and am re building them. But they 15's, and i know 15's look awsome on eg's and ek's, but coupes im not too sure about. seen some coupes with the axis og wheels, 15 inch, and they look nice but there seems to be just a little bit too much space between the gaurds and tyres. Also when i lower it on coil overs I don't want the car sitting too low that im scraping everywhere. So I'm up to the painting stage of the bbs's but conflicted on gold or red. Gold because it looks good and is classic, red because it matches the red badges on the car and red looks alright on black also. I'd really hate to paint it either colour and be unhappy with it and go through the re build all over again. Spoon racing are the ones that the rota slip streams are made after right? For now I'll stick with e bbs's and if I don't like them I'll just sell them, costs more to rebuild again. 15 inch bbs rs + front and rear skunk2 camber kit + skunk2 pro c coilvers + rolled gaurds should look good no matter what colour the wheels are.... well hopefully anyway...

charliebrown
26-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Wait... you don't want the car sitting too low but you're getting camber kit, coilovers and rolled guards. I'll never understand. Plan on slapping on a stanceworks sticker?

dougie_504
26-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Like they say...

StanceWorks = How to turn your car into an undriveable POS the PROPER way.

Pics of lenso wheels mate? I want to see what you don't like about them. I think bronze or gold is a great colour. As for pastel colours like white/red/black/blue I really don't agree with them on rims. I think rims should be nice metallic colours. Red might make it look crap IMO.

ekx105
27-02-2012, 12:55 AM
If you got the bbs rs, fix em up and save the money! Put it towards something else for the car.
And if you end up not liking the bbs, i'll gladly take them off your hands :)

akira
27-02-2012, 08:03 AM
gold with dish bbs looks s3xy on black em1s. just roll with them until you can find something nice in 16s

Aleksa
27-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah don't wan it too low. Nah i want the adjustable camber arms primarily to reduce the camber wear which I have happening right now on the ride height I'm at. Don't want coilovers to lower it further, just want them as a mod to my car to improve handling. Yeah red has a high chance of looking crap that's why asked you guys for opinions, I haven't seen that many red wheels in person, gold looks good by default no matter what. It's not that a don't like my current wheels, they look nice, but i would rather change them to a smaller wheel like 15 or 16. Here's a pic of what my wheels look like, my car is too dirty and posting pics up will shame me out right now. Will take some when the car is cleaned hopefully on the weekend.

http://i40.tinypic.com/4hwebr.jpg

welby
27-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I just put the stock 15's back on my EM1 coming from 17's and there heaps better.

dougie_504
27-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Stock EM1 rims are nice as, although a little weak in the offset. I have them on my EH9, look great if you polish them up (fat fives also).

I'd love to see some EM1 rims stripped and anodised bronze/gold :D (not worth it though).

Aleksa
28-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Yeah when i bought the car it didn't come with the em1 stock wheels. I'm gonna get new dishes for the bbs, 3 inch rear and 2 inch front... Hopefully doesn't scrape...

akira
29-02-2012, 08:17 AM
post pics when you're done!

Aleksa
29-02-2012, 12:14 PM
will do, may be a while though I'm ordering the dishes from Germany tomorrow, shipping takes forever, im still waiting on the bolts I ordered a month ago....

kraiye
01-03-2012, 10:22 AM
16" bronze/gold Volk TE37's imo
:)

Drifter995
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
you say your rs's are 15"?
they should look awesome :D
example:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/rayray086/Wheels/BBS%20RS001/IMG_2482.jpg
Sorry to steal a pic from the dude, but his car looks awesome

Aleksa
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Mad, thanks, yeah that does look awesome, just waiting on the bolts and dishes now...