PDA

View Full Version : Standard height variable rate springs for CRV

Jaymz
26-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Guys,
As we all know, Gen 2 CRV owners have very few options for springs. So i have found a well known local manufacturer in Brisbane that will make a set for me.
As my car is a mums taxi only, so i want it to be more comfortable to ride in but still handle well.
The car came to me with a set of 18's on it and it has 100,00klm's on it. The passenger side struts have started to leak already so its prompted me for a full upgrade.
I have purchased a set of KW struts and have had a 22mm rear sway bar made for it to reduce the horrible body roll these cars suffer.
As it rides very rough with the 18's the next option is to soften the impact with a variable rate spring. After searching long and wide the only 2 manufacturers that ive found that make a variable rate spring set for this model is H&R and Eibach. The problem is is that they're both 20-30% stiffer and 30-40mm lower, neither of which i want.
So i need a standard height, standard tension but variable rate. So the local manufacturer here will make them but i need a front spring for them to copy.
Taking my wifes car off the road for a few weeks while this work is being done is not an option. So can anyone help me out that has a standard front spring from a Gen 2 in Brisbane?
Once this is done, they will be able to make what ever you like. Firmer, lower, taller what ever really. Prices should be really good also.
Thanks for your help.
Jamie