PDA

View Full Version : B18c crx obd hondata questions

Webby_roller
27-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Hey guys,

Just completed the obd0 to obd1 swap in a crx. The CRX is going to be running gsr and we had the first start yesterday and it started sweet first time so all good there.

Couple of questions before we finalise everything though:

Running obd1 p72 with hondata s200 (thanks ECU-MAN) and we need to get a basemap on the hondata.

Have read everywhere and am kinda dissapointed that we need the hondata specific cable (just need this confirmed)

Also if this is the case we dont really want to have to take it straight to the dyno without running it as if there are any problems with wiring or whatnot I would prefer to fix them myself then be charged the amount for a mechanic to get his head around it then try and fix it (i am more then capable of doing it myself)

I think im checking if anyone in the brissy area has an obd1 p72 for sale or even sitting around I would love to borrow with some cash/beers your way? (just pm me)

Mainly making this thread for that issue and in the next month or so if there are any major problems that arrise I will be getting some help, the type r cluster goes in the car in a week so hopefully an ecu or the ability to put the b18c basemap on the hondata would be great to have by then.

Cheers

Webby

VTec1987
27-02-2012, 11:50 AM
There should be p72 base map on Rom editor

You need someone to burn you a base map, unless you have your own hardware to do so..

Webby_roller
27-02-2012, 11:52 AM
I have to ROM editor on my laptop, so I need to get the chip in the ECU burnt for a base map? its a blank chip atm so its just running off the hondata unit itself? I always got a bit confused with the s200 setups....

ECU-MAN
27-02-2012, 08:48 PM
if you have the P72, then open J1 and you can run the stock B18C2 Rom built into the ECU MCU.

J1 is under the bottom cover. If its Runs OK with that open then you should be fine.

remember to bridge J1 to enable the ROM in the socket.

Webby_roller
27-02-2012, 09:44 PM
thanks ecu man... will try it this weekend