PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Dipping rear view mirror

pitiek
27-02-2012, 05:34 PM
I have read somewhere in this forum that CL9 has dipping left rear view mirror feature as standard if the gear is in reverse and I was wondering if CU2 has the same thing.
My CU2 doesn't seem to have it but I don't know if it is there but broken.

Cheers...

chunsa
27-02-2012, 06:28 PM
CL9 doesn't have the dipping passenger side mirror feature.

The CU2 all came with it. Make sure your mirror switch is flicked to the left position (the ones you use to adjust your side mirrors). Sometimes you might have left it in the central or right position - these positions don't activate the dipping mirror function, only the left.

praja6
27-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Thats correct Allan. The dealer told me when i bought the car that this dipping left side mirror is to save the alloys in scratching the kerbs.. but still my alloys got scratches...

for me the dipping mirror really helpful when i do reverse parking as when the mirror dip down i can see the parking left lane easily, which makes me easier to park..

I thnk this feature is common in lexus, merc and bmw also rite?

CL9 doesn't have the dipping passenger side mirror feature.

The CU2 all came with it. Make sure your mirror switch is flicked to the left position (the ones you use to adjust your side mirrors). Sometimes you might have left it in the central or right position - these positions don't activate the dipping mirror function, only the left.

chunsa
27-02-2012, 07:41 PM
^ That is also correct Raja!

Due to the size of the Accord Euro sometimes you need time to get used to the turning circle and the "bulk" of the car

After all the dipping mirror is just another aid to help parking just like parking sensors. It is an awesome addition and still manages to confuse some people I drive!

pitiek
27-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks for explaining that to me, a simple adjusting the switch to left "fixed" it...
I was thinking on getting a set of blind spot mirror but I don't need it anyomore...

praja6
27-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Thats it mate.. what ALlan says is correct, it takes sometimes to used to the turning circle for the big car.. but how about latest commodore. its biggher than our accord euro rite? Does commodore comes with dipping mirror

Thanks for explaining that to me, a simple adjusting the switch to left "fixed" it...
I was thinking on getting a set of blind spot mirror but I don't need it anyomore...

denot
28-02-2012, 10:36 AM
On thing raja... my C200 didn't come with dipping left/right mirror... :(:(:(

MingZai
28-02-2012, 03:54 PM
neither does my 323i :( but the X5M comes with the birds eye view camera <3

MR_LATE
28-02-2012, 04:57 PM
it freaks my friends out from time to time... trolololol

praja6
28-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh, but i am sure lexus iS250 comes with the dipping mirror. What is birds eye view camera?

neither does my 323i :( but the X5M comes with the birds eye view camera <3