PDA

View Full Version : B18c Power FC starting problem

V73C
29-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Hey guys,

I've got a B18c jap spec in a ED running a Power FC. I'm having problems with starting

issue every now and then. Most of the time the car starts, sometimes it just cranks and

doesnt spark at all, but leave it sit for a while it starts up again. I'm running a full ITR

loom, and im sure ive checked all earths and what not on when doing the conversion.

I've also deleted the IACV because I was having a hunting and high rev issue. I've just

blocked it off and also unplugged the plug on it. Does this have any effect on it ?

Oh and the only time I can tell if the car is gonna start up first go is when I put it in

accessories and look at the Power FC hand controller. If it lights up its all go, but if it

doesn't, the car won't start. Also when the hand controller doesn't light up, if i plug the

IACV plug back on, the hand controller lights up, but the car still doesn't spark at all.

It all sounds a tad dodgy but bare with me. Should i suspect that the dizzy is on its way

out ??? Or the Power FC is playing up on me ?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance guys !

V73C
29-02-2012, 03:49 PM
So I've just gone outside to start it. It won't start up. I can't hear the fuel pump priming at all. Is it power fc's fault? Checked all the fuses and they're all good too.

Sent from my u8800 using Tapatalk

V73C
29-02-2012, 04:06 PM
So I've just gone outside to start it. It won't start up. I can't hear the fuel pump priming at all. Is it power fc's fault? Checked all the fuses and they're all good too.

TODA AU
29-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Check ignition switch
Check main relay
Check fuel pump relay
Check engine earth
Oh & make sure the back-up battery power to the FC is just that, not accessory power.

Benson
29-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Sounds like main relay!

V73C
01-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Thanks guys. Ill check tomorrow morning and get back with some info.

V73C
01-03-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks a tank load guys it was the main relay.

I didn't replace it but instead read up that I can check for cracks on the joints and resoldered them. Works like new again.
Will def rep when I get onto a computer.