PDA

View Full Version : P Plater - 2005 Honda Accord Euro

ceather
29-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi All,

I am going to be buying my dad's 2005 Honda Accord Euro Luxury for 9K.
It's a manual & is White.
Like this: http://photos.carsguide.com.au/drive_images/dealer/predir/810/4_600.jpg

I love the look of this car - but I am wondering what simple mods you would recommend to 'make it my own'. Currently it looks more like a family car than something an 18 year old would drive.

I am opening to spending 1.5K +/- (more or less, depending on what is recommended)
- Physical modifications mainly. I don't want anything too extravagant though. Ie) not a full body kit, but maybe new alloys?
- Open to performance mods too. My current car is a 1.5L lancer so I am sure the performance of the car stock is fine but I wouldn't mind something small like an cold air intake. (If it's worth it)

Thanks,

dc2r-0636
29-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Nice car

If I were u I would leave it stock. Maybe get injen intake or similar if u want the induction roar.

With regard to wheels, don't go to bob Jane and let them sell you a set of there ugly wheels.
Look around on the internet for different wheels and go from there.

simmy
29-02-2012, 09:46 PM
cold air intake, injen

get some nice wheels such as, bbs lms, works xd9s, work meisters etc

some coilovers then u drive down john st cabramatta = win

ceather
29-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the info. Is an intake something that I could install myself? I haven't had much experience with cars but I know how to follow instructions :P
By the way do you think 9K-10K is a good price - it has 135,000K on the clock.

simmy
29-02-2012, 09:50 PM
thats perfect, and cheap.

unless your dad vtecs every corner or something.. should be ok if its from your dad..

yeah you can install it yuorself, would recommend that, heaps of guides online.

intake for the sexy sound

ryaan
29-02-2012, 11:39 PM
first thing to do so it doesnt look like a family car... LOWER IT :)

3RotaRX
29-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Lower and some mags will get rid of that family car looking like. Go for cold air intake (injen) for racecarsound.

Fredoops
01-03-2012, 12:30 AM
1st of all, welcome.

2nd. There's a dedicated Accord euro subgroup which gets a lot more traffic an has a lot more active users than this dead beat accord forum.

3rd. $1.5k isn't a lot to play with, but few users here have good used parts you could get... You wont get any real high end rims and other mods for 1.5k

Rims: the stock 17inch wheels from pre facelift lux is pretty desirable to start with, since it's beasically the rim on the Euro-R.

Intake: 2 main ones are Injen(just under $400) or Comptech ($275-ish), both offer similar gains. Comptech looks and sounds stock, but make slightly more power than the injen, injen more bling.

Exhaust: header/extractor and cat converter are where the gains will be made, not so much for catback, since the factory catback is already very free flowing... But if you want a fart can(s)... Skunk2 has them n1 style system one of the member here is selling a set, along with CAI and weapon-r header/cat combo.

Suspension: plenty of threads in the euro forum about options.... Either way it'll cost you over a grand.

cold air intake, injen

get some nice wheels such as, bbs lms, works xd9s, work meisters etc

some coilovers then u drive down john st cabramatta = win
Just don't park there.... Actually don't bother parking anywhere south of parramatta river, and west of old Windsor road.......

ceather
01-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Thanks. Is it possible for the thread to moved to that forum?
I am willing to spend a little more if required but I essentially want to change the look a little (I like clean, simple looks) and maybe small performance increase and the sound. So an intake seems to the best choice in my mind (but I am very new with car mods so further suggestions would be fantastic)
I would also be interested in changing the stereo too, depending on how good the stock one is.

Fredoops
01-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks. Is it possible for the thread to moved to that forum?
I am willing to spend a little more if required but I essentially want to change the look a little (I like clean, simple looks) and maybe small performance increase and the sound. So an intake seems to the best choice in my mind (but I am very new with car mods so further suggestions would be fantastic)
I would also be interested in changing the stereo too, depending on how good the stock one is.
heres some photos of a recent euro meet in sydney:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?161209-Accord-amp-Euro-CL9-amp-CU2-EOM-Meet-Sunday-26th-February-2012-(All-ACCORDS-Welcome)

ceather
01-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I really like the far left.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7201/6784358196_c2f2db5283_z.jpg

cheapdouchebag
01-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Thats the OEM honda sport body kit if im not mistaken.
Euro is a fantastic buy. Loads of airbags if u happen to smack or flip in the worst case scenario.

My best bet in looks is to lower the car on springs or coilovers, and tint the windows.
The rest of the mods you can do you probably already know, and can be seen on other car pictures and in time as you lurk around the forums esp in the accord euro section.
Accord euro's are gorgeous.

bit of spam - the only thing i hate about these cars is you mistakenly think its a p-plater ferrari when its not even close.

ceather
01-03-2012, 12:21 PM
What kind of ballpark in $$ would I be looking at to lower it? Yeah I think that OEM body kit looks good. I am not a fan of multiple colours or something that is too over the top.

Fredoops
01-03-2012, 12:53 PM
What kind of ballpark in $$ would I be looking at to lower it? Yeah I think that OEM body kit looks good. I am not a fan of multiple colours or something that is too over the top.

lol CHOOY and his dual tone......

Lowering? just springs... approx $500-ish installed... ish
springs and shocks... approx $800-ish installed... ish
coilovers... $1000 plus

simmy
01-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Get jdmd15b

Lazarus
01-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Welcome!
Pretty much everything they suggested works..
With 1.5 (for aethetics only) i'd do...
tints (if ur tints are not dark enuff) - 200-300
spring/shock or coilover if you can cover the costs
visor (honda, mugen, rep w/e)
euro r grill or mugen grill (i think someone is selling the euro r grill in parts for sale threads)
injen/compteh as stated in previous posts
rims i'd stay stick witht he oem wheels, they're nice =]
that would be about 1.5 methinks..

eur011
29-03-2012, 01:04 PM
nice buy bud! heaps cheap! for more active users join the fb group in my sig :)

close to 50 active members on it, im sure some1 there or even my self will be able to help you out.

ceather
17-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Looks like my father is finally budging and is buying his new Merc. Keen to do a few little modifications when I get this at the end of the month.
I think the outside of the car looks pretty mint, i don't want to change much. Maybe just the stock rims?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43473580/IMAG0071.jpg

The interior is another story - anyone had luck replacing the stock headunit? (or the console below it)
Is it too much of a pain since the A/C is connected to the headunit?

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43473580/IMAG0069.jpg

Lastly, performance mods. As you know I know NOTHING about these.
Looking at spending a couple grand here for headers & intake. How's that sound?

Summary:
External mods: 0-2.5K only if i find very nice rims/swap for lower profile tyres
Interior: Up to 1.5K~
Performance: 2-2.5k

Had a drive of it today, it goes pretty damn well! So keen to ditch my 68kw lancer....

Cheers

aaronng
18-06-2012, 07:58 AM
The interior is another story - anyone had luck replacing the stock headunit? (or the console below it)
Is it too much of a pain since the A/C is connected to the headunit?

Time to go over the interior with 303 protectant, especially over the steering wheel plastic. You will have to leave the stock headunit in there, but you can wire in a separate system in the console beneath it.

ceather
23-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Time to go over the interior with 303 protectant, especially over the steering wheel plastic. You will have to leave the stock headunit in there, but you can wire in a separate system in the console beneath it.

Do you think that's worth it? Might look a bit funny having two stereo systems? Looks like there's a rear AUX connection on the stock unit? So I should be able to feed a cable through somewhere and hook my phone up.

Wouldn't mind putting in a console with cup holders to replace the highlighted area. Or maybe a phone mount or something.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg2iolntjefm4j3/IMAG0069.jpg

Wish my dad would hurry up and buy his damn car so I can officially call it mine!

A bit off topic but i'll ask it anyway my old car is a 2002 lancer manual. It needs to get the aircon fixed up & a new spare. Presuming I fix those things up do you think 3.5-4K is a reasonable asking price for it?

I'l take that money and use it to update the euro.