PDA

View Full Version : QLD Fail to stop at stop sign

iamshahz
29-02-2012, 10:14 PM
GOT BOOKED FOR not stopping at STOP sign, I am Danm Sure i did stop even let someone go on my right,...
Calamvale community college has huge traffic problem, people wait and wait in queue to get through to pick up kids and not enogh parking. people park in yellow lines , over the kerbs, etc etc, council try to help them. i saw more than 2 unmarked police vehicles, stopped almost every possible car, and handed fines, only people got away when police cars were occupied writing fines.

ANY IDEA WHAT SHOULD I DO. if geniunly fined, i would pay ... but this is wrong !!!

akira
02-03-2012, 01:22 PM
no proof/witness no argument. its their words against yours at the end of the day

you can try get them to review the infringement and see how that goes...

hondapop
02-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Did you offer your argument to the officer at the time and did he record your statement. The problem here is that you may have stopped as you say to give way, but you may have been just short of the line (say by a metre) and then they've observed you roll over it.

If they have recorded what you said, then you could argue that because it was so busy (and so were they) they hadn't noticed that you had indeed stopped, and use that as a reason for asking for the review. You need to introduce an element of doubt to their observation of you but leave an opening for them to save face i.e. a genuine mistake was made.

rubixcube
03-03-2012, 02:30 PM
but you may have been just short of the line (say by a metre) and then they've observed you roll over it.

If you stopped a little bit short of the line, you still legally stopped. It's "as near as practicable". To me 1m is pretty close. As long as your wheels come to a complete stop and you aren't a whole car length away from the line you should be golden.

hondapop
03-03-2012, 02:57 PM
If you stopped a little bit short of the line, you still legally stopped. It's "as near as practicable". To me 1m is pretty close. As long as your wheels come to a complete stop and you aren't a whole car length away from the line you should be golden.

That's the argument I would put forward. What you've got to do is present an argument that might stand up in court which could challenge their version of the facts.

If the police didn't give you a copy of their statement i.e. the reasons they consider you commited an offense and only gave you a ticket stating the offense, you should be able to obtain a copy on the grounds of wishing to prepare a possible defense. This will also give you a clearer idea of whether to challenge or not.

Jooboy
24-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Odd question but were there 2 officers there? The reason I ask is because the "their word against yours" situation is something that the courts try to avoid at all costs (bad image, revenue raising etc)

The last time I had something like this happen to me (one cop) for the same thing (stop sign) I asked him how he could be sure seeing as there was only him and no back up). He gave me the ticket anyway. I sent a statement in and they withdrew the offence.

I'm not sure if you can oppose a fine in this way anymore but this was about 7 years ago.

Anyway if there was 2 there's not much you can do unfortunately.

XB-16-AX
24-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Odd question but were there 2 officers there? The reason I ask is because the "their word against yours" situation is something that the courts try to avoid at all costs (bad image, revenue raising etc)

The last time I had something like this happen to me (one cop) for the same thing (stop sign) I asked him how he could be sure seeing as there was only him and no back up). He gave me the ticket anyway. I sent a statement in and they withdrew the offence.

I'm not sure if you can oppose a fine in this way anymore but this was about 7 years ago.

Anyway if there was 2 there's not much you can do unfortunately.

mate.

you can still appeal the ticket offence.

write a stat declaration with the ticket offence reference and appeal.

be compassionate with your responses and that you did not intend to cause or break any road rules / stop signs etc.

also indicate in your appeal that the stop sign is blah blah blah (as you mentioned above) and should be rectified to avoid future issues like this.

writing an appeal give you another 28+days before they give you the final outcome/result. - gives you time to save up the cash in the worse case scenario that you have to pay the fine.

The compliance/police officer will review, and may take into consideration factors like:

Your driving history,
Previous traffic offences,
Any court hearing raised in the past or active ones.
Any other non related traffic offences,
Age and living location (this is for statistical purposes).

give it a shot and appeal ... maybe send them a youtube link of you compassionately crying and saying sorry - to give you another chance ... ROFL! :)

Jooboy
24-04-2012, 01:17 PM
mate.

you can still appeal the ticket offence.

write a stat declaration with the ticket offence reference and appeal.

be compassionate with your responses and that you did not intend to cause or break any road rules / stop signs etc.

also indicate in your appeal that the stop sign is blah blah blah (as you mentioned above) and should be rectified to avoid future issues like this.

writing an appeal give you another 28+days before they give you the final outcome/result. - gives you time to save up the cash in the worse case scenario that you have to pay the fine.

The compliance/police officer will review, and may take into consideration factors like:

Your driving history,
Previous traffic offences,
Any court hearing raised in the past or active ones.
Any other non related traffic offences,
Age and living location (this is for statistical purposes).

give it a shot and appeal ... maybe send them a youtube link of you compassionately crying and saying sorry - to give you another chance ... ROFL! :)

Lol.

I totally agree. There is never any harm in appealing.

trism
24-04-2012, 01:26 PM
Why reply to a thread over a month old?

XB-16-AX
24-04-2012, 01:34 PM

Ask jooboy bra..

Jooboy
24-04-2012, 01:36 PM

Yeah it's over a month old but I'm sure this has happened/will happen to heaps of people on here. No harm putting more information up.

Didn't mean to offend :\

Troy
24-04-2012, 01:40 PM
I think Jooboy has contributed something decent, the fact it's a month old doesn't really matter. It could help someone down the track when they use the "search" function.

Plus he sparked further discussion.

XB-16-AX
24-04-2012, 01:41 PM
I think Jooboy has contributed something decent, the fact it's a month old doesn't really matter. It could help someone down the track when they use the "search" function.

Plus he sparked further discussion.

+1 to u and jooboy

Fredoops
24-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Road Rules subforum is dead beat anyway, everything in here is old.

XB-16-AX
24-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Road Rules subforum is dead beat anyway, everything in here is old.

Party pooper!!

Lol

Gtfkdm8

Fredoops
24-04-2012, 02:05 PM
umad bro?
lol

in all seriousness, when folks have a problem with law etc they post either in their own car sub-forum (like accord/civic etc) or Lounge, bypassthing this altogether..

XB-16-AX
24-04-2012, 03:00 PM
umad bro?
lol

in all seriousness, when folks have problem with law etc they post either in their own car sub-forum (like accord/civic etc) or Lounge, bypassthing this altogether..

yeh they come to forums and seel advise then take matters into their own hands.

i would do the same. just to get an idea of how other people have resolved their issues.

but the best thing is seek free legal advise by phoning those free legal aid services - otherwise if u are a baller and have a solicitor/lawyer then by all means take these fckers to court yall!

inb4jerryspringer