PDA

View Full Version : ef9 b18c7 starting problem

LLS
29-02-2012, 10:19 PM
hi guys, so my mates and i did a b18 converion into a ef9 civic. we put the motor in and hooked everything back up, but when it came to starting the car it didnt crank at all. There is power present on the dash however some lights including the oil check light is dim. i checked if i was getting power to the alternator and starter motor and checked the main fuse box in the engine bay and they all were receiving power. Basically i am running a B18c7 audm with my existing bseries obd0 engine loom with a ecu jumper to run obd1 ecu with hondata. We have pretty much tried everything that we could think of so please give us some suggestions or opinion. Cheers

dorikin
29-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Did you convert the engine to OBD1 (distributor, injectors, alternator, sensors, etc) or did you put OBD2 plugs onto OBD0 Engine Loom?

Checked all the grounds? Gearbox, thermostat housing, rocker cover?

Does the Fuel pump prime?

Power to ECU?

Tried starting it with OBD0 ECU?

LLS
01-03-2012, 03:07 PM
i just used obd2 plugs on obd0 loom. Fuel pump does prime. ive tried starting with both obd1 ecu and obd0 ecu. im not sure if im getting power to ecu but ill check it out and also check the grounding again. Thanks heaps bud

ECU-MAN
01-03-2012, 03:59 PM
OBD0 Loom had injector resistor block

OBDI and OBDII looms do not as OBDI and OBDII B18C use high impeadence Injecotrs

running OBDO looms is not a good idea as you can damage your ECU if you have an injector resistor block and high impeadence injectors, you should really convert to OBDI or OBDIIa

have you bypassed the Immo in the OBDIIa P73

you should start by checking every pin on the ECU connectors for correct location and voltage/signal against a schematic

Benson
02-03-2012, 11:43 PM
If it doesnt crank, check for sufficient grounds on the motor. Check the starter signal from the starter motor to the barrel

IV73CI
03-03-2012, 12:16 AM
Sounds like bad groundings...

Check the ground cable on the thermostat housing,

the gbox ground to chassis,

rocker cover ground to front radiator support frame.

Check the ecu ground wires.

gen2 CRX
03-03-2012, 06:21 AM
You need to remove the resistor box, if you have not done so, depin the plug that connects to resistor box plug and solder the 5 wires together. check that your distributor wiring is correct and check grounding too.

backdog
14-03-2012, 03:20 PM
didn't you say your getting power to starter motor? Could it just need a decent wack on the starter motor solonoid?