PDA

View Full Version : Remote locking not working

doktarfischer
05-03-2012, 10:37 AM
hi guys

i'm having trouble using my remote locking to lock/unlock my car. a couple of weeks ago my remote stopped working and i replaced the battery. immediately after replacing, it worked but has again stopped working.

i replaced the battery again but it is not working anymore.

i've had a look on google but can't find an answer or source of the problem... any ideas?

cheers!

IV73CI
05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
have u tried using the spare remote fob to unlock/lock the doors?

you have to eliminate the issue whether if its an FOB remote key is the fault or the Alarm/Central module unit.

doktarfischer
05-03-2012, 11:22 AM
i don't have a spare fob only a spare key which works fine and unlocks all doors

i had a look at the board in the remote and there are no obvious soldering defects and the little red light lights up when you press the button so i'm inclined to say its not the remote

so if its the central module unit, where can i find this?

Bludger
05-03-2012, 11:40 AM
where can i find this?
in the car.

EKVTIR-T
05-03-2012, 11:43 AM
i don't have a spare fob only a spare key which works fine and unlocks all doors

i had a look at the board in the remote and there are no obvious soldering defects and the little red light lights up when you press the button so i'm inclined to say its not the remote

so if its the central module unit, where can i find this?

In the engine room at front

doktarfischer
05-03-2012, 01:39 PM
in the car.

i will have to see if i have one of these first

In the engine room at front

hunting

doktarfischer
05-03-2012, 03:21 PM
so trawling through the service manual... is this what i'm looking for? the "keyless door lock control unit"?

http://i40.tinypic.com/whz2oo.png

IV73CI
05-03-2012, 04:28 PM
so trawling through the service manual... is this what i'm looking for? the "keyless door lock control unit"?

http://i40.tinypic.com/whz2oo.png

That pic shows a LHD car..

So the location would be the opposite side.. And depending, it could look like that or maybe aftermarket..

If ur alarm/keyless entry after market or oem factory???

doktarfischer
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM
If ur alarm/keyless entry after market or oem factory???

all stock.... i'll give it a shot

IV73CI
05-03-2012, 06:17 PM
all stock.... i'll give it a shot

If oem read the service manual and see if the are instructions, otherwise take it to a dealer to get it reprogrammed.

lilthug
05-03-2012, 06:20 PM
id also sugguest getting spare alarm fobs

just in case as well

doktarfischer
06-03-2012, 07:47 AM
If oem read the service manual and see if the are instructions, otherwise take it to a dealer to get it reprogrammed.

i might have to unless its something obvious like a loose cable

id also sugguest getting spare alarm fobs just in case as well

i wasn't going to bother with spare fobs with just central locking, the keys work fine.. but def if i get aftermarket alarm install

IV73CI
06-03-2012, 09:46 AM
i might have to unless its something obvious like a loose cable

i wasn't going to bother with spare fobs with just central locking, the keys work fine.. but def if i get aftermarket alarm install

Ok..

Let us knw how u go..

Most likely just a jumpering pin or a programming feature on the module unit.

doktarfischer
06-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Ok..

Let us knw how u go..

Most likely just a jumpering pin or a programming feature on the module unit.

will do after work tonight. any ideas what could cause it to stop working? i assumed it was just the battery going flat on the fob but when i changed it any no longer works, does it reset?

IV73CI
06-03-2012, 04:03 PM
will do after work tonight. any ideas what could cause it to stop working? i assumed it was just the battery going flat on the fob but when i changed it any no longer works, does it reset?

Yes.

Sometimes the code learning memory resets when battery has been replaced - which will require reprogramming of that fob key to the module unit.

If the alarm is recorgnised by the dealers then they will be able to recode your fob remote.

Bludger
06-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Just remember that sometimes remotes can reset themselves after a battery change.

My amp remote does this, must reprogram after changing the batteries.

Tai
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
My Air con remote at home did the same thing too, reset all the settings after it had dead batteries for a bit.

doktarfischer
07-03-2012, 08:00 AM
how annoying... i had a look at how to reprogram and there were some rituals online but nothing has worked. i will chat with a honda dealer and see if they can help

manolii
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM
hi guys

i'm having trouble using my remote locking to lock/unlock my car. a couple of weeks ago my remote stopped working and i replaced the battery. immediately after replacing, it worked but has again stopped working.

i replaced the battery again but it is not working anymore.

i've had a look on google but can't find an answer or source of the problem... any ideas?

cheers!

had the same issue, honda wanted $880 to replace both actuators and that was only a guess. I took it to an auto electrician and he said that the signal wasnt being recieved and my best option was to buy a whole new aftermarket alarm as it would be more expensive to fix the Honda system.

doktarfischer
09-03-2012, 12:54 PM
thanks it looks like i'll have the same problem. i've found signal works every now and then so remotes are still sending and codes are still on but receiver may be dodgy. aftermarket sounds like the way to go