PDA

View Full Version : Dc2r head gasket

CTR_EK9
05-03-2012, 04:32 PM
hey guys, i've got a dc2r for awhile now. the car been smoking white/black ish when hit high rev (vtec) but all i know is soon or later i need to replace head gasket. just wondering should i go with spoon/mugen or stock dc2r head gasket and why.

Thanks guys

aznstyler
05-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Smoke..? Are you loosing water or overheating that's signs of headgasket

EKVTIR-T
05-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Might be piston rings too mate.Get compression test if you can

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/o6ljj.jpg

Bludger
05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
hey guys, i've got a dc2r for awhile now. the car been smoking white/black ish when hit high rev (vtec) but all i know is soon or later i need to replace head gasket. just wondering should i go with spoon/mugen or stock dc2r head gasket and why.

Thanks guys
what makes you think your headgasket is goneskies?

dougie_504
05-03-2012, 05:43 PM
I'd go OEM if your HG is blown. No need for anything else IMO.

Get a pressure and compression test.

IV73CI
05-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Maybe your car is just running rich.

It is normal and expected to burn massive fuel during high acceleration load..

So dont worry too much unless ur loosing water and overheating as above mentioned.

CTR_EK9
05-03-2012, 06:42 PM
well yeah my car been over heating/losing water and plus my fan doesn't come on... takes forever to come on.. also it start smoking after putting aftermarket exhuast and fuel pump..

so you guys rekne i should go with oem head gasket or aftermarket? whats the different and the performance.

thanks heaps guys

Bludger
05-03-2012, 06:51 PM
well yeah my car been over heating/losing water and plus my fan doesn't come on... takes forever to come on.. also it start smoking after putting aftermarket exhuast and fuel pump..

so you guys rekne i should go with oem head gasket or aftermarket? whats the different and the performance.

thanks heaps guysyou should find what caused the BHG before you fix it.

or else you will just get another BHG within 2 weeks.

CTR_EK9
05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
thanks mate, ill go and get it check out and let you guys know whats going on :D

hopefully doesn't cost me too much if it was the HG......

mocchi
05-03-2012, 07:08 PM
so you figured out your honda mechanic in northern suburb?

get oem, buy from US since youre not in a hurry
they cost abt $70 or $80usd exc. shipping

CTR_EK9
05-03-2012, 07:29 PM
yeah probably take it to Steven msc since everyone recommended him also he seem like a nice guy/funny and honest.

one question.. whats the different between oem and aftermarket head gasket? don't aftermarket give you more compression which it's a good thing? or will it F@#$ your engine?

cheers

CTR_EK9
05-03-2012, 09:00 PM
if my head gasket is gone should i go with a JDM b18cr head change over? should i able to get abit more power? this guy is selling 1996 jdm b18cr head and i was wondering if its worth it change the head or just get the head gasket fix...

sorry for the noob question.

CRXDEL501
05-03-2012, 09:07 PM
if my head gasket is gone should i go with a JDM b18cr head change over? should i able to get abit more power? this guy is selling 1996 jdm b18cr head and i was wondering if its worth it change the head or just get the head gasket fix...

how will you know the condition of that one
whats your budget?
dont go jumping the gun dude.
get it looked at, it might not even be your head gasket.
fix that fan to begin with.

Bludger
05-03-2012, 09:09 PM

can you please stop posting until you have found out what's wrong with your motor and you know exactly what road you want to take in regards to modifications.

Stop posting up hypertheticals, what ifs, can i do this, that.

It's annoying.

CRXDEL501
05-03-2012, 09:14 PM
can you please stop posting until you have found out what's wrong with your motor and you know exactly what road you want to take in regards to modifications.

Stop posting up hypertheticals, what ifs, can i do this, that.

It's annoying.

lol love the dp

dougie_504
05-03-2012, 10:26 PM
A thinner HG will bump up your compression slightly for a very mild power gain.

BHG is often due to overheating which shags the HG. So find out what caused the shagging, de-shag it, then ask yourself if it's worth going anything other than OEM for a few killer wasps you might not even notice anyway!

Check your fan, check your thermostat, check your radiator core etc.