PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Master Cylinder with ABS

communic
06-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Hey guys,

Has anyone replaced a master cylinder on an EK that has ABS? Will I have to do an ABS bleed or just bench bleed the master cylinder then do a normal brake bleed?

Cheers,

mugen_ctr
06-03-2012, 10:34 PM
yes, and you dont bleed anything to do with the abs or abs module..... When u top up the brake fluid level, just make sure its no where near the low level, top up as required, as the sensor in the reservoir, if reads a low level, it will trigger the abs light to come up....

Bleed the brakes as normal operations, just because it has abs, doesnt mean it has to have any real special complication to it when bleeding brakes afaik with honda civics

communic
06-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Cheers, just wondering as some commodores and other cars that have abs. Require you to use a scan tool like Tech2 to activate the abs module to bleed the air out of it.

communic
08-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Need urgent help guys. I tried bleeding the brakes normally. Starting from the rear left wheel, still have tones of air in the system. Is there a bleeding sequence to hondas?

EG30
08-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Replaced the MC plenty of times in my eg racecar, I usually put in some brake fluid into the MC before tightening the hardlines ie fluid dripping out before tightening and thus minimise the air pockets inside the MC before bleeding.

Make sure the hardlines are done up tight onto the MC, I nip them up with a flare nut spanner so I could do them up tight without worrying about rounding off the bolt.

As for bleeding, just bleed as normal starting from the furthest wheel from MC as you did.

No special procedures or tool required for your EK ABS system like you do with early Honda ALB system like in the gen1 Legends. More brake pipings in ABS systems but doesnt make a whole lot of difference.

Bludger
08-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Need urgent help guys. I tried bleeding the brakes normally. Starting from the rear left wheel, still have tones of air in the system. Is there a bleeding sequence to hondas?
errything in post #5 is correct.

do not use normal spanner

make sure you use flare spanner/crows foot

big hassle is you stuff up those flare nutz