PDA

View Full Version : 20 000km Service

Kwangstuhhh
07-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Hey guys,

My 2010 CU2 is going for it's 20 000 km service tomorrow. I just want to know how much others paid for it? They're asking for $364 which I think is a bit excessive!

Thanks in advances :)

Cheers,
Tony

Kwangstuhhh
07-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I think I've figured out why this so expensive! Thanks to MR_LATE.

Apparently they charge $80+ for a pollen filter replacement which can be waived.

So forum admins: Please close this thread if you wish! Sorry!

Fredoops
07-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Supply your own oil.

The pollen (air con) filter can be purchased for $30 shipped to ur door from the USA.

Kwangstuhhh
08-03-2012, 09:54 AM
What oil do you suggest Fredoops?? Thanks!

ChaosMaster
08-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Depending on how you drive it. I reckon for 20k km, Magnatec is enough for daily driving.

Kwangstuhhh
08-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks Chaos! I might just stick with what they have...Got my service booked in for 1pm and I'm at work lol. Don't have time to go and buy the oil :(. It's just a weekend car so doesn't matter all that much. Especially when I'm selling it atm I guess haha.

Lazarus
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
There are many threads on what oil to use for your car non synth semi full etc etc,.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?111717-CU2-engine-oil

I've had bad experiences with magnatec though, just my thought though

ChaosMaster
08-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Lolz, I know a lot of mechanics/dealers that will just use Magnatec anyway. I do, but then my car doesn't go anywhere near the track and I don't gun it. No point spending heaps of full synthetic stuff with that low kms anyway. Just my thought. Another reason was that Repco had a sale back during christmas, $30 for the oil and the oil filter. DIY and save yourself 300 bucks.

Fredoops
08-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Lolz, I know a lot of mechanics/dealers that will just use Magnatec anyway. I do, but then my car doesn't go anywhere near the track and I don't gun it. No point spending heaps of full synthetic stuff with that low kms anyway. Just my thought. Another reason was that Repco had a sale back during christmas, $30 for the oil and the oil filter. DIY and save yourself 300 bucks.

it's a 20 dollar difference between magnetec and some decent synthetic oil.

Considering Kwang has a 2010 CU2 and is now doing the 20k service, sounds like he's following the service by Km instead of handing over cash to Honda every 6mth

as such.... it's probably better to get some synethetic oil due to it's longer lasting (ie: 12mth +)

Kwangstuhhh
08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
it's a 20 dollar difference between magnetec and some decent synthetic oil.

Considering Kwang has a 2010 CU2 and is now doing the 20k service, sounds like he's following the service by Km instead of handing over cash to Honda every 6mth

as such.... it's probably better to get some synethetic oil due to it's longer lasting (ie: 12mth +)

Cost me $42 for the Premium Honda Oil...Didn't bother with buying my own oil coz (hopefully) I might not have the car for the next service + didn't have time. Thanks for the heads up guys though!!! I really appreciate it :D