Accord Euro 55
City 70
civic 146
CRV 138
CRZ 2
INSIGHT 2
JAZZ 440
TOTAL 853.

Sales wise,things are coming back for Honda after a bad 2011.
:thumbsup:

mrgu
11-03-2012, 10:53 PM
I have to say import vibe-s and euro have saved Honda.. went to the dealership to see the new civic..not impressed at all. honda australia should have brought diesel Euro to compete again Mazda 6 diesel.

redseven
12-03-2012, 01:06 AM
The new Civic looks dull as ditchwater but I think it'll sell well to those looking for quality, reliability and resale value. Too bad the current Honda lineup doesn't have any real halo models to set your pants on fire :) They really need the new NSX and an upgraded TSX on the market.

mrgu
12-03-2012, 01:33 AM
The new Civic looks dull as ditchwater but I think it'll sell well to those looking for quality, reliability and resale value. Too bad the current Honda lineup doesn't have any real halo models to set your pants on fire :) They really need the new NSX and an upgraded TSX on the market.

redseven you still haven't told me why u r in china?

redseven
12-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Dude I'm working here :)

mrgu
12-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Dude I'm working here :)

that's good ..r u asian or aussie? i come from shanghai. most of the oversea emplyees don't drive in china due to the terrible driving condition and rudenss of the drivers

redseven
12-03-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm not Aussie and yes, the traffic here is mad! :) It's fun getting lost while trying to read road signs and trying to deal with crazy-ass Audi drivers who think any free space is fair game. It's not much different from most large Asian cities though.

Get on a winding mountain road with nobody on it and it's pure bliss ;)

antony
12-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Euro sales have sky rocketed locally for the past 3 months,and its now slightly behind the Camry,but way above all the other competitors...including Mazda 6 and Mondeo.

mrgu
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Wheels mag gave it a8.5 which is the highest score

ChaosMaster
12-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Yeah, the CU2 is a great car. My only real complaint about it is it's ~150kg gain over the CL9. I personally prefer the CL9 look over the CU2, but each to their own, and the CU2 is by no means a bad looking car. I reckon it's still better looking than the current Camry and 6. Mondeo has aged quite a bit, I reckon the new one that looks like an Aston will seriously boost it's sales though. Still Odd that Honda decided to give the Luxury models a "sportier" suspension tune than the base.

Fredoops
12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Wheels mag gave it a8.5 which is the highest score

that "Mid Size" comparison's rubbish imo. having a $28k Skoda against a $40K euro? really?

ryaan
12-03-2012, 11:30 PM
a euro is 30k...

eurasian
12-03-2012, 11:43 PM
and can be had for several thousand less with friendly negotiation :)

Fredoops
13-03-2012, 12:01 AM
a euro is 30k...

They used a euro lux for the purpose of the comparison... Against a base model skoda, they mentioned about lack of equipment in the skoda... Well no shit Sherlock, you could get another car for the cost difference....

BigBen
13-03-2012, 01:13 PM
if you get the base Euro its 55kg less than the Euro Lux.

pitiek
13-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I weigh 60kg, so pretty light and for that reason alone I chose the lux over the base since it doesn't affect much in performance..:p

ChaosMaster
13-03-2012, 04:20 PM
They used a euro lux for the purpose of the comparison... Against a base model skoda, they mentioned about lack of equipment in the skoda... Well no shit Sherlock, you could get another car for the cost difference....

Which edition of Wheels is this? I'm thinking of going back for a read.

But yeah, the weight difference is minimal but do note that the base has a more complaint suspension set up. Why the Lux has a firmer setup while riding lower profile tyres, I've got no clue, opposite of Lux if you ask me.

pitiek
13-03-2012, 04:27 PM
There is no documentation that says the lux has a firmer sussy setup than the base.
I have tried both base and lux model prior to purchasing the lux but IMO the firmer ride is caused by the low profile tyres.

ChaosMaster
13-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure about documentation, although I recall reading few reviews of which a couple talked about how there were 2 different sus setup between the two models. I think Wheels was one of them.

Fredoops
13-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Which edition of Wheels is this? I'm thinking of going back for a read.

But yeah, the weight difference is minimal but do note that the base has a more complaint suspension set up. Why the Lux has a firmer setup while riding lower profile tyres, I've got no clue, opposite of Lux if you ask me.
the recent one, march edition.

mrgu
13-03-2012, 07:07 PM
What what would u say about. Skota octavia rs compare to a lux navi ..?? Same price

Same roomy as I have been in both.. But. TDI or TSI plus DSG >i vtec? Plus Octavia comes in as wagon

But!!!! It's Honda accord euro!! I would still go for the euro purely because servicing DSG plus having a turbo is pain in the ass

Fredoops
13-03-2012, 08:16 PM
What what would u say about. Skota octavia rs compare to a lux navi ..?? Same price

Same roomy as I have been in both.. But. TDI or TSI plus DSG >i vtec? Plus Octavia comes in as wagon

But!!!! It's Honda accord euro!! I would still go for the euro purely because servicing DSG plus having a turbo is pain in the ass

That's like comparing a Golf to an euro, cause Octavia, despite the size, is still civic class, the wagon isnt actually much bigger than a corolla wagon tbh

TSI > VTEC absolutely, both in efficiency and consumption.

DSG may have issues, but to be fair, the total number of DSG's recalled is still less than the total number of Hondamatic's recalled around the world...

mrgu
13-03-2012, 09:43 PM
That's where the problem is ! Euro in size is equivalent to skota superb ,however superbe is way more expensive than euro in price with same luxuries. So ppl want something fun will go for the golf GTI rather than Octavia, and ppl wants room would go for the euro.

Fredoops
13-03-2012, 10:10 PM
That's where the problem is ! Euro in size is equivalent to skota superb ,however superbe is way more expensive than euro in price with same luxuries. So ppl want something fun will go for the golf GTI rather than Octavia, and ppl wants room would go for the euro.
Exactly, then why the hell is the Octavia in that comparison? not to mention the BASE model.

About Euro and Superb, no, they are no where alike in side, the euro may look big outside, but superb is Gigantic inside. Superb has more room inside than the V6 accord euro. We're talking the size of the Long.Wheelbase.Version Audi A6's you see in China.

The Euro sits in the Niche between the full-size and the mid-size, it's a sweet spot. But it;s not a smart package. But comparing it with likes of Jetta/Octavia is just off.

mrgu
13-03-2012, 11:59 PM
They only gave jetta an 8 according to my memory .i havent read the full pages tho. But if I were the buyer willing to spend around 40k on a family size sedan with bit of luxuries , and with decent power, I would go with euro lux navi or mazda6 diesel

With the money u spend on a superurb u can buy a passat wagon , and that's a different story cos skota just don't have the right car to fit in that comparison on wheels magazine, same reason why there's only jetta not passat.

Jetta has a good engine and DSG of course but the options are way too expensive, with leather seat sunroof and navi and reverse camera plus HID u r looking at a50000 jetta while list Honda euro lux navi is only 39000 drive away about a month ago( nearly signed the contract myself)

kjs
18-03-2012, 06:24 PM
I agreed with the Wheels comparo ,except i put the Mondeo ahead of the Mazda 6.I tried all the mid sizers and found the Accord Euro was the best allround package when everything is taken into account . That's why i bought one . The VW do have some good points but the DSG apart from unknown reliability is just not smooth for everyday use imo. plus the risk of getting a dud VW is much higher than getting a dud Honda , and the last thing i wanted was having to deal with service depts and warranties .

mrgu
18-03-2012, 06:48 PM
good call champ

antony
19-03-2012, 09:39 AM
kjs,from personal experience,the Accord Euro is a far better ownership experience than the Jetta.

You are so right,it always needed something to have done,mostly rattles,and the VW dealerships,and VW in general were a nightmare to deal with.

mrgu
19-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I was really hoping that DTEC technology could be brought to aus

cbol55
19-03-2012, 08:21 PM
so what is the consensus on why VWs are problematic...poor build quality?...cheap componentry?....lightly built and dont cope with performance stresses? Because as they always seem to be reviewed so favourably as far as engineering, performance and interface something is sure letting them down to get so much negative feedback. Or is this feedback like much on the internet?...a preponderance of fanbois and the hugely disenchanted whingers...with satisfied middle ground not so represented?

Fredoops
19-03-2012, 08:36 PM
so what is the consensus on why VWs are problematic...poor build quality?...cheap componentry?....lightly built and dont cope with performance stresses? Because as they always seem to be reviewed so favourably as far as engineering, performance and interface something is sure letting them down to get so much negative feedback. Or is this feedback like much on the internet?...a preponderance of fanbois and the hugely disenchanted whingers...with satisfied middle ground not so represented?

^^^that

fact is when you push the engineering boundary, theres bound to be issues. If VW didn't take the plunge, no one else would've dared.

VW was one of the first to push DI across it's range, one of the first with Dual clutch across the range, one the first with small FI engines dragging larger cars across the range
Now everyone, Honda included is developing DI and FI and DSG across their range of cars to follow.

Whos to say it will be trouble free when Honda rolls out their version of DI/FI/DSG vehicles? hell Honda is still struggling with the concept of Automatic Transmission... Even if Honda etc turns out to be more reliable on the same new technology, we'll have to thank VW etc for it, because they pretty much paved the way for the other manufactures to not repeat their mistakes.