PDA

View Full Version : After-market Rear parking sensor for Euro

mane
28-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi guys!

Just picked up my 05 Euro Luxury with B/kit 3 days ago. I'm loving it! Couldn't stop looking at it in the garage!
Now I'm considering putting a after-market rear parking sensor to it. I've been searching on the net and ebay but just couldn't find any that looks reliable. There seems to be no Japanese-made parking sensors. Has anyone installed parking sensors on their Euros? Any recommandation? I don't mind whether it's a stuck on or drilled in model.

Thanks for your advice!

mane :)

Usual Suspect
28-02-2005, 10:19 AM
if you were in perth id have a contact for ya, but ur in melb :(

definitely go a full complete job of putting it the bumper, i hate seting sensors on the abck of cars, ruins the clean looks of em, especially euro's.

Pum[Z]
28-02-2005, 02:21 PM
I got my reverse sensors from Honda when i bought the car... It aint genuine Honda accessories (They definetly outsourced it).. Its attached onto under the bumper and only has 2 sensors and not 4... Don't know if ur Honda dealer sells them or not.. But mine did...

It does the job until i installed my mugen bodykit. Now the fins on the rear spoiler is interfering with one of the sensors.. Drove me nuts on the first day.. I just switch it off now...

Checked with Honda and they said its the fins that are interfering with the sensors and that the sensors all work... I asked them for the contact no. of the company that installed it so i could ask them to reinstall it and integrate it into the bumper and not underneath the bumper near the fins, but they won't give me the details...

mane
28-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi Pum[Z]!

So are your sensors visible from the rear of the car since they are installed UNDERNEATH the bumper? Is there any drilling involved then? It does sounds very good if those sensors are not visible from the back of the car!

mane

mane
28-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Sorry it's me again.

Hey usual suspect, so is yours also a UNDERNEATH sensors? Can you post a pic for me please?

thanks in advance

mane

Pum[Z]
28-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Hi Pum[Z]!

So are your sensors visible from the rear of the car since they are installed UNDERNEATH the bumper? Is there any drilling involved then? It does sounds very good if those sensors are not visible from the back of the car!

mane

Yeah its still visible from the rear because its attached underneath the bumper.. I have a black car and the sensors and harness are all black so u can't really tell unless u look closely at it... It is screwed onto the bottom of the bumper..

Usual Suspect
28-02-2005, 04:30 PM
i aint got no pics of it, but its not like other reversing sensors, it goes inside the bumper and all u see is a lil tiny whole where the sensor is behind the bumper, hard to explain. Ill see if my dad has any of the pics of it installed still, i have a vid but its huge.

bigdongers
28-02-2005, 04:39 PM
http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/

eknine
28-02-2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.reverseparking.com.au/Home.html

euro77
28-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Bosch make good reverse sensor kit, AudioFX sells and can install it (Queensberry St, can't remember the suburb, but it's the street paralel to Victoria St Melbourne).
Or if you don't want anything appearing outside your bumper, go for taurus kit, the sensor is like a strip that is attached to the inner side of the bumper.

Peekay34
28-02-2005, 08:29 PM
They should have been available as an option from your dealer. I got them fitted when I got mine. Colour matched to the car as well.

mane
28-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks guys!

I am very interested in the one that is attached to the bottom of the bumper (Pum[Z]'s) and also the taurus kit that euro77 mentioned. I've tried the links above too but don't think they have these two types. Do you guys know where they are available?
I totally agree that with the sleek shape of the euro bumper you don't want to put fours sensors onto it. That's why I'm so eager to find out where the above 2 types can be found!

mane

EuroAccord13
28-02-2005, 11:08 PM
Awwwwww.... Who needs parking sensors :P..

1. They are Fugly :P
2. They are for noobs :P

Heheheheheh.. Anywaysss... Anyone considered a reversing camera? Looks cool!

euro77
02-03-2005, 07:42 AM
try searching the net for taurus reverse sensor. I can't remember their website on top of my head. :(

mane
04-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Has anyone out there installed the Taurus T123 reverse parking sensors or have friends who have them? It's the one that goes behind the bumper so that it's invisible and no drilling is required. Can anyone give me some feed back on how good this sensor functions and how they are comparing with the conventional ones (4 sensors with bumper drilled)? I found a website whose's shop is based in sydney that sells them, for about $200 each.

I would like to get some idea from other people before I make the purchase since I can't really get it refunded if it doesn't work that well.

many thanks!

mane

LOC888
05-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Can u give us the wesite?

mane
06-03-2005, 10:03 AM
http://www.tradingdirect.com.au/public/home.ehtml

fortec@sprint.net.au
11-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Try JHP in Blackburn: www.jhp.com.au

They will install colour coordinated reverse sensors for around $500.

I dont think you need them. I have a boot spoiler and use that to judge my reversing distances.

nexace
12-08-2005, 09:03 AM
I dont think you need them. I have a boot spoiler and use that to judge my reversing distances.

Sounds pretty good :)

Ferntree gully honda offered me an AM kit. Not sure how much they wanted for it because I wasn't interested.

kitbkk
18-10-2005, 03:23 AM
I just went to my honda dealer on high st. ..they quoted me 700+ for installing 4 of the reverse parking sensors.. to be honest i think to park a euro can be a lil bit more difficult that u have thought.. I came from driving a Toyota Granvia from Thailand and trust me I had no probs at all with parking

kam
18-10-2005, 05:46 PM
i dont get why people waste their money on these things, learn how to reverse!

kitbkk
18-10-2005, 06:32 PM
"i dont get why people waste their money on these things, learn how to reverse!"
Yeah I know and the toyota granvia i used to drive was quite a big van. all the cars i ve been driving did not have this style of design so there was no probs at all. by the way I dont get how this thread can be contributed with an answer like that either.

ITRBoI
18-10-2005, 06:42 PM
hey mane, i know this place in sydney, i know you are in melb, but this place they do infer-red reverse sensor.....no drilling or holes required, if you like PM me and i give you the details and you can call them up

Slugoid
18-10-2005, 08:54 PM
i dont get why people waste their money on these things, learn how to reverse!

Totally agree. The Euro isn't hard to park, and it has good rear visibility imo. Unless you drive a 4WD, you don't need it. All these technology are making people lazier and unskilled.

Suntzu
18-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Has anyone out there installed the Taurus T123 reverse parking sensors or have friends who have them? It's the one that goes behind the bumper so that it's invisible and no drilling is required. Can anyone give me some feed back on how good this sensor functions and how they are comparing with the conventional ones (4 sensors with bumper drilled)? I found a website whose's shop is based in sydney that sells them, for about $200 each.

I would like to get some idea from other people before I make the purchase since I can't really get it refunded if it doesn't work that well.

many thanks!

mane

Im bloody PISSED about the taurus T123 actually. Firstly Trading direct told me I wouldnt have to remove the bumper and that it would fit the euro = wrong. Then I got the local honda dealer to fit it, and they told me it was unsuitable due to the metal bar in the rear bumper. So basically I was bullshitted and have a $189 piece of junk on my hands... :thumbdwn:

fortec@sprint.net.au
18-10-2005, 11:18 PM
I have never had trouble parking the Euro. In the worst case I just stop the car, get out and have a good look before reversing further. You just need to be careful, patient and take your time. My other car is a people mover and that could use reversing sensors!

narcoleptic
18-10-2005, 11:47 PM
eerrrm... do you really need a sensor in the first place?

FkjAccord
20-10-2005, 03:03 PM
hey mate,

i work at honda, Doncaster Melbourne. If your after rear sensors i could hook you up there if you like you can come in to my work place and ill see what i can do for ya

Take care

pilotb777_300
05-07-2006, 01:48 PM
FKJ accord,

how much would honda doncaster do it for ???? approx??

EuroDude
05-07-2006, 02:00 PM
If you are game, do it yourself and save alot of cash.

I bought mine off ebay for $60 and installed it myself. It was quite easy to do, but it is time consuming for non professionals. Saved myself $400+

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=769282