PDA

View Full Version : Civic Vi

Zimp13
28-02-2005, 01:41 PM
i dont see many people playing with the current civic VI. is that car really not good? i tested drive the car before, i think its ok, better torque than the ek model although its single cam...

RedEu
28-02-2005, 01:57 PM
i have a VTi version, which was a limited version that they brought out few years ago with minor differences to the Vi. I think the car is great, I have yet to find a car in the same class that has larger interior space, and also the innovative gear shift, its great. I think most people dont see the potential of the car, as it is rare (spells exclusivity:D to me) & doesnt look nice at all without bodykit, with some mods it'll look and handle great. however, having said all of this, I do have 1 complaint in regards to the car though, I do think the power steering is a bit too light, both jazz and accord euro have much weightier steering, the best is still the DC2R out of all the hondas i'd driven. :)

Zimp13
28-02-2005, 02:14 PM
ic... i was thinking of getting the vi... but the new civic gen VIII gonna be unleash on the 1/3/2005. i wanna c wat it looks like and wats the engine specs... RedEu, does the vi using electric power steering? i know some one using ek4 who disable the power steering. I drove his car before. It actually feels very very good, not heavy at all. :)

RedEu
28-02-2005, 03:12 PM
yea.. vi uses eps... variable weight where low speed its light, gradually gets heavy as the speed picks up, it was first used in the s2000, now jazz & accord euro (not sure about other model though, i suspect all new model have em now) has them. yea. 8th gen should be out in aus at the end of the year, the new car should be much better if it is to go for japan car of the year again given recent honda efforts in jazz, euro, odyssey, legend. ;) if you can wait & have the $ surely you should wait for the 8th gen imo..

Zimp13
28-02-2005, 03:20 PM
yeah i think i will wait and c....
and hopefully the new civic wont cost too much.... :)

Disciple
28-02-2005, 11:04 PM
how would they go up against the older gen civics like the eg vti, ek vtir?

daidoidoi
02-03-2005, 11:24 PM
geez ....i just brought a Vi and is picking it up few days later ....i do notice that not much people is talking about this car .....but i reckon the facelifted version of it is quite nice, just need some wheels and lowering and it would look nice.....just wondering .....does anyone know where i can get the headlight set of the Vi in UK or Japan where there's a projector light included ??? it would look much better to add a HID with projector lights

Zimp13
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
daidoidoi... do u mind telling how much u get the vi, issit manual? just that i might wanna get one.... cheers

civiceg9
03-03-2005, 05:03 PM
the current Vi with factory kit is quiet nice, but is like a mini van more then a hatch.
but is nice and comfortable inside. Just wish honda aus had bring the 3door hatch version.

I hate the EPS steering on the jazz, high rev it out of a corner and it becomes heavy.

daidoidoi
03-03-2005, 09:43 PM
i've got my for around 28k ..auto with tinted windows as extra ....
thinking of getting the fog light later

daidoidoi
03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
there's actually a few demo in scotts honda which are resonably priced .... or u have to wait till May for the next lots to come in ....coz they dont order much to get in ...