PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Pedal Free play change

eeko
17-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey guys, another thing to ask here aye...

Usually my clutch pedal has about 1 inch of freeplay... and friction point is about midway through the whole pedal motion... last night while driving i pressed on the clutch to change gear, de-pressed as i would usually do and then found i had 3-4x the freeplay that i had a minute ago... and my friction point had changed to just a tad above the clutch pedal fully engaged ..

I havent had time to check the pedals if there are any leaks as it only happened last night, but from what ive searched so far.. it seems my clutch master cylinder is on the way out? Either that or i can just simply adjust the freeplay in the clutch pedal..

Anyways any help would be appreciated... Car isnt at home atm so i'll probably limp it back there unless i could really stuff something up by driving it :/

Cheers.

dougie_504
17-03-2012, 04:26 PM
As you suggested mate just check for leaks. Pump the pedal and see if the pressure returns to normal, in which case it might be a leak yeah.

eeko
17-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Yeah just checked it this after noon.. the clutch master cylinder is definately gone.. checked the level of the clutch fluid.. pretty much empty and there was a slight leak coming from behind the clutch pedal in the foot well.

By the way i assumed there was a stopper of sorts behind the clutch pedal bend to prevent the clutch being pushed in too far but when i had a look underneath there was a hole where i would assume a stopper is fixed into.. do all manual civics have no clutch pedal stopper or is mine missing a part?

Bludger
17-03-2012, 04:37 PM
love it when people answer their own questions:)

eeko
17-03-2012, 04:38 PM
LOL... ok.. makes sense.. just thought id make sure rofl..

eeko
17-03-2012, 04:40 PM
by the way bludger you wouldnt happen to know the part number for it or any usual place i could source one?

Bludger
17-03-2012, 04:46 PM
I have part number for dc2r.

don't know if it's the same for your ek4. can't see a reason why it would be different though.

where to source one, already been answered in your other thread.

eeko
17-03-2012, 04:52 PM
ahh cheers.

Bludger
17-03-2012, 04:52 PM
confirm ek4/dc2 is the same and I'll go to my garage check the number for you.

don't want to get up yet.

grifty
17-03-2012, 06:57 PM
46920-sr3-013