PDA

View Full Version : Lowering spring install

Mochi
18-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Anyone got any contacts or recommendations for a place to get springs installed. Looking for either a weekend place or an after office hours place.

senna
18-03-2012, 08:02 PM
It will help people give you recommendations if you let them know where you are :thumbsup:

EKVTIR-T
18-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Will help if you say which state youre in

Mochi
18-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Sorry, Sydney nsw... Towards parramatta

kyzz
18-03-2012, 10:46 PM
PM Senna, guy who posted in this thread.. He's a sussy wholesaler and knows all the best places yo. WA suspension is goot tho

who are you and what have you done with ezio

simmy
18-03-2012, 10:49 PM
PM Senna, guy who posted in this thread.. He's a sussy wholesaler and knows all the best places yo. WA suspension is goot tho

who are you and what have you done with ezio

my man ezio tran,

+ 1 to senna

Bludger
pm CB paint & panel

mocchi
sorry guys, im actually located in melb
not in paramatta sydney

tiksie
18-03-2012, 10:50 PM
+1 to senna to supply, and benjamin moderator on here to fit them

Mochi
19-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Yeah waiting reply from benjamin

daKIK
19-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey guys, is $200 a good price to fit 4 lowering springs and rear camber kit on an accord euro?

Bludger
19-03-2012, 12:06 PM
not really, free is a better price.

daKIK
19-03-2012, 12:10 PM
not really, free is a better price.

Well yeah thats true!
but noone offers there services for free, thats just how it works mate

zedries
21-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey guys, is $200 a good price to fit 4 lowering springs and rear camber kit on an accord euro?

Lol at Bludger..

Yes i guess relative it's a good price. A bit more information on the type/drop and we could give a better response. For example, kings super low springs run about $350-$400

They aren't that hard to install so if you are after savings then make sure you install too..
Z

rhys.l
21-03-2012, 07:31 PM
That's a good price for the fitting only. As said if you are somewhat competent with tools, do it yourself and it will be free. Only possible cost would be a spring compressor which would be highly recommended if you haven't done something like this before

daKIK
25-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Yeh if i had the tools, I would of installed it myself.
All good anyway, got benjamin to install them for me

Bludger
25-03-2012, 05:14 PM
CB auto would have given you a free knob polish

EG52NV
25-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Disclaimer: Follow below instructions at your own risk, if you are afraid of shit going in your eye, always wear safety goggles...

Installing lowering springs is easy! Take out the shock, put WD40 on top nut, place shock on ground, lay the shock on its side, aim the bottom the shock at a tree/ old tyres. Crack top nut with rattle gun. *be-careful of top, it might go flying but from experience if you have the shock lying on its side bottom end facing old tyres/tree, the top nut generally doesn't go too far.. Never ever have the stock standing upright while trying to crack top nut, it might shoot up into your face!*

To install lowered spring just take current spring and put in new spring get a fat friend to push down on top hat with bare hands, install top nut.

No spring compressors required.

Bludger
25-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Installing lowering springs is easy! Take out the shock, put WD40 on top nut, place shock on ground, aim the bottom the shock at a tree/ old tyres. Crack top nut with rattle gun.

To install lowered spring just take current spring and put in new spring get a fat friend to push down on top hat with bare hands, install top nut.

inb4this

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPax1GvZXN7kfXZxpY8AT9q-3L_fZW0KSdrOGGKBhJpKt3SWRV

Mikecivic78
25-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Installing lowering springs is easy! Take out the shock, put WD40 on top nut, place shock on ground, aim the bottom the shock at a tree/ old tyres. Crack top nut with rattle gun.

I'm not going to negative rep you for this post, but advice like this can lead to maiming if not death. That said, I've seen videos of it done with no problems, but you can very well get hurt. It happens.

For anyone doing this, I think the best way is to remove the shock assemblies front and rear. It is a pretty easy DIY. Then take it to a shop like Fulcrum and get them to rebuild them. Shop around, it's pretty cheap. No mucking around with spring compressors. But DIY with a good set of spring compressors will work out slightly cheaper.

EG52NV
25-03-2012, 06:38 PM
inb4this

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPax1GvZXN7kfXZxpY8AT9q-3L_fZW0KSdrOGGKBhJpKt3SWRV

Man Bludger your an ugly fcuk! Lol

EKVTIR-T
25-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Mate its not a joke,you handing out advice that can get a noob hurt...

Pull your head in and think before you type

NeedVtec
25-03-2012, 06:42 PM
You have need warned.

EG52NV
25-03-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm not going to negative rep you for this post, but advice like this can lead to maiming if not death. That said, I've seen videos of it done with no problems, but you can very well get hurt. It happens.

For anyone doing this, I think the best way is to remove the shock assemblies front and rear. It is a pretty easy DIY. Then take it to a shop like Fulcrum and get them to rebuild them. Shop around, it's pretty cheap. No mucking around with spring compressors. But DIY with a good set of spring compressors will work out slightly cheaper.

Neg reg based on what grounds? Because it works? Fine, I'll add a disclaimer, "stupid/retarded people stay the hell away from following my write up, and if you do attempt it wear safety goggles so not to end up looking like bludger"

senna
25-03-2012, 06:43 PM
These guys are right, if you are a mechanical noob things can go wrong. I have seen firsthand someone with a broken wrist after doing things similar to what you describe

EG52NV
25-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Mate its not a joke,you handing out advice that can get a noob hurt...

Pull your head in and think before you type

Who's joking? I've used this method multiple times, not writing it for shits and giggles!

Rudy
25-03-2012, 06:48 PM
If youre in melb and need a helping hand im keen. Also got spring compressors.

felixd
25-03-2012, 10:55 PM
If youre in melb and need a helping hand im keen. Also got spring compressors.

Wish im there to help ya .

EG52NV
25-03-2012, 11:45 PM
but you can very well get hurt. It happens.

Dude in a world where scientist reckon you can get cancer from drinking water from a plastic bottle, you gonna ping me for that too if I thought you were thirsty and offered you some water!

FFS we're all here to help and from "personal" experience the method I discribed above works and the pop action of the top nut when working on stock civic suspension is very minor...

Go neg rep someone else in this topic who post useless off topic comments like "inb4this"

Wtf is wrong with the OH community lately! This shit is out of control!

EKVTIR-T
26-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Dude in a world where scientist reckon you can get cancer from drinking water from a plastic bottle, you gonna ping me for that too if I thought you were thirsty and offered you some water!

FFS we're all here to help and from "personal" experience the method I discribed above works and the pop action of the top nut when working on stock civic suspension is very minor...

Go neg rep someone else in this topic who post useless off topic comments like "inb4this"

Yeah it is out of control,you need to be gone.

inb4this is sure useless but it wont land someone in hospital will it...

You just dont get it do you

Bludger
26-03-2012, 05:50 AM

analogy 1 : I slit my wrist then went diving in shark infested waters. I was fine, you should do it too.
analogy 2: I went under my car with a scissor jack on a windy day. I was fine, so you should too.
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0805/stupidity-demotivational-poster-1211235352.jpg

EG52NV
26-03-2012, 07:31 AM
analogy 1 : I slit my wrist then went diving in shark infested waters. I was fine, you should do it too.
analogy 2: I went under my car with a scissor jack on a windy day. I was fine, so you should too.
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0805/stupidity-demotivational-poster-1211235352.jpg

There's analogy and there's precedent.. If you've never tested either of the above theories yourself then don't go posting that shit here...

EG52NV
26-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah it is out of control,you need to be gone.

inb4this is sure useless but it wont land someone in hospital will it...

You just dont get it do you

For someone who spends most of their time in the spam thread your input is GA'BAGE...

bennjamin
26-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Guiz

Please remember that any posts here on ozhonda CAN land you in trouble legally , not to mention our site too.

IF you must make a statement or answer - please state that it's YOUR opinion and accept no responsibility to others copying your "ways".

Closed