PDA

View Full Version : Full Australian Jazz colour chart/timeline (now with City!)

Honda_Boi
21-03-2012, 11:06 PM
If anyone's interested I've made a colour chart/timeline for the Jazz, including all colours available in the Australian market:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5535/jazzb.png

The dotted lines indicate minor model changes, while the solid black line is the major model update. I've tried to make the colours as accurate as possible. Any corrections, feel free to let me know.

The checkered pattern indicates that the colour production was temporarily suspended in 2012, due to production switching to Japan for a short while. This pattern may be clearer in the full size uncompressed version of the above chart, which can be seen here:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5535/jazzb.png

UPDATE: as the Honda City is related to the Jazz, I thought I might add it's colour chart as well:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7067/cityz.png

EKVTIR-T
21-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Nice job bro :thumbsup:

If you can photoshop the actual paint colours would be even cooler

Honda_Boi
21-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks. What do you mean by photoshop the actual paint colours? How would I do this? Even if this was done, it would be pointless because most consumer LCD monitors are horrible at reproducing accurate colours. The colour you see on the screen usually differs greatly from real life.

Anyway, that's not the point of this chart. The point is to give people a rough idea of what the colours looks like and their corresponding names, and also the years that they were available. I've tried to make the colours as accurate as possible compared to the actual paint.

I put this chart together for a number of reasons, one of which is that people who sell Hondas on Carsales, for example, often have no idea what their paint colour is actually called. You see some ridiculous "inventions" and it annoys me no end. Honda has also messed around a fair bit with the colours over the years, more so than most other Hondas, making it quite confusing to determine when a particular colour was available.

I also have similar charts for most other Honda models if anyone's interested.

EKVTIR-T
21-03-2012, 11:29 PM
I was meaning crop in the actual paint colours but it might be a bit hard,was just an idea :)
http://www.ct70paint.com/publishImages/paint-chips~~element2.jpg
What youve done is great anyway

blahZ
22-03-2012, 12:10 PM
good work

GU357
22-03-2012, 08:36 PM
FCUK YESS!!! been trying to get the right colour name so i can paint my body kit. THANKYOU!!!!

i have a satin silver so it seems.

is the source reliable?

62rocket
25-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Always wondered why anyone would buy one in Misty Violet. I drove a dealer loner car once that was that colour. Couldn't wait to hand the car back. Dreadful colour if you ask me...

GU357
25-03-2012, 12:31 PM
hmm i thought the purple was alright. what i dont like is the washed out blue colour they had.
it was neither silver nor blue it was just p!ss weak

gre03
26-03-2012, 12:53 PM
pretty sure my '03 is Alabaster Silver

GU357
26-03-2012, 01:05 PM
That's what I thought but check your car papers to be sure. I thought mine was alabaster silver too but was told by my father it wasn't, but he didn't tell me what it actually was.

Honda_Boi
26-03-2012, 08:07 PM
pretty sure my '03 is Alabaster Silver

Alabaster Silver didn't exist in 2003. Honda replaced Satin Silver with Alabaster Silver between 2006 and 2007, across all models. The two colours are very similar and hard to tell apart.

Honda_Boi
31-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Always wondered why anyone would buy one in Misty Violet. I drove a dealer loner car once that was that colour. Couldn't wait to hand the car back. Dreadful colour if you ask me...

The theory I think is that it was a colour for more conservative buyers, who wanted a dark colour but didn't want black. Dark purple seemed to enjoy a small comeback about 5 years ago. The same colour appeared on the Civic sedan from 06-07, and a similar colour on the Mazda3 around that time as well. These days, dark grey has pretty much taken it's place as the dark shade of choice.

GU357
01-04-2012, 12:49 AM
yes i can see that

although of all the colours i really like the vivid blue, nighthawk black, white and the yellow

Honda_Boi
01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
yes i can see that

although of all the colours i really like the vivid blue, nighthawk black, white and the yellow

I never liked Helios Yellow because it was pearl. IMO, bright yellow looks best when it's a solid (i.e. without any extra effect added), just like bright red. I think the new Fresh Lime Green is one of my favourite colours on Jazz. Saw one in Polished Metal yesterday which looked great too - very rare colour because it was discontinued when they switched production to Japan.

GU357
01-04-2012, 07:52 PM
wow so knowledgable

GU357
01-04-2012, 07:53 PM
can u get the colour code for satin silver? just so i have a definate code to give to the painter?

Honda_Boi
01-04-2012, 08:30 PM
can u get the colour code for satin silver? Just so i have a definate code to give to the painter?

nh623m

GU357
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Yeh boi!!! Honda_boi!

Honda_Boi
15-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I've just updated the colour chart. Since production has resumed at the Thailand factories, colours have reverted to the pre-2012 selection. In other words, Milano Red, Azure Blue, and Storm Silver, which were unique-to-Japan colours, have been discontinued, and the previous Polished Metal, Rallye Red, and Cerulean Blue have continued. As such, I had to change the chart slightly. I added a checkered pattern to the 3 colours which were temporarily unavailable. It's a lot clearer when you view the full size (unsquished) chart here: http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5535/jazzb.png

While it's debatable if the checkered pattern is really necessary at all (after all, those colours were available in 2012, as indicated in the chart), it helps to clarify that those colours were never available at the same time as the 3 others from Japan. In other words, someone looking at the chart might think that Honda offered 10 different colours simultaneously in 2012, which is obviously not true.

Also, as the updated Honda City has gone on sale, a lot of colour changes with that model have occured as well. As the City is related to the Jazz, I thought it might be worth putting the chart here as well, which you will now be able to find in the first post of this thread. Sparkling Brown, Polished Metal, and Carnelian Red join the range, while Habanero Red and Urban Titanium are discontinued.

KenZ_
04-06-2012, 11:43 PM
awesome stuff