PDA

View Full Version : mods for b18c2

nate92
22-03-2012, 06:23 PM
hey right now my car is pretty stock engine wise.

It has a rep injen cai, magnaflow exhaust and 4-1 headers are on there way.

Just wondering what you guys think of next mod i should do?

i was thinking of just putting an itr gearbox in. Your thoughts?

Just for future reference as im slowly building the car up. thanks

Bludger
22-03-2012, 07:27 PM
itr gearbox is a good choice.

before you mod your car, you need to work out, what you want from your car.

don't mod for the sake of being cool with a modified car or cos everyone else has a modified car and you want to fit in.

I've driven a stock car for many years and am fairly content.

Mod your car to what you need and want.

nate92
22-03-2012, 07:35 PM
nah i just love doing it, everytime i mod it makes me love the car even more!

im lookin for just simple bolt on mods which is easy yet very good in performance.

i really love the vtec and top end thats why i thought an itr gearbox will make it that much better.

do you think i should get the gearbox or should i change the intake to like a skunk2 with 68mm tb to suit?

Maybe i should just save up and do a frank b20vtec conversion?

b20vtec or b18cR?

trism
22-03-2012, 07:37 PM
i wouldnt call changing gearbox a "bolt on" mod

id be looking at an Intake Manifold and throttle body to go along with the exhaust first.

Bludger
22-03-2012, 07:37 PM
so you're after as much performance as possible?

you don't care about comfort?

gen2 CRX
22-03-2012, 07:40 PM
you need to get a programmable ecu to make the most out of a skunk intake manifold on a b18c2 and all your other bolt on mods.

unl3a5h
22-03-2012, 08:06 PM
aggressive cams and a good tune to go with manifold and throttle body after the itr gearbox!

delsol9000rpms
22-03-2012, 08:08 PM
keep standardgearbox just put a 4.9 final drive and lsd the b18c2 gearbox has a closer/better 4th gear then itr box final drive was the best upgrade i did on my car

GSi_PSi
22-03-2012, 08:20 PM
If you like torque then i would go for a Built B20 bottom end conversion, if you like revving out your motor i would go for a Lightened Flywheel and HD Clutch to go with the ITR gearbox

Emnesty
22-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Looks like u love ur car more than anything.. Been there done that during the younger days... But hey whatever tickles your friend ... Go for it champ!!

But yes, every1 has given u the different options available and will make decent power gains if done right...

But if ur after the ultimate power gains at the same costs of a engine swap but double the power..

Boost your B18c2.... GT3540R with a nice tune keeping it 8-11psi ... Easy 200fwkw!!

B18c2 have the best bottom end for boosting and the tranny ratios.

Fukc yeh!!

nate92
22-03-2012, 08:35 PM
so you're after as much performance as possible?

you don't care about comfort?
yeah i lean more to performance as i dont drive it constantly to work but drive it everyday just because i can.

nate92
22-03-2012, 08:37 PM
keep standardgearbox just put a 4.9 final drive and lsd the b18c2 gearbox has a closer/better 4th gear then itr box final drive was the best upgrade i did on my car

If you like torque then i would go for a Built B20 bottom end conversion, if you like revving out your motor i would go for a Lightened Flywheel and HD Clutch to go with the ITR gearbox

to be honest i would not have a clue about details in the gearbox. I got a rough idea but wouldnt know where or who to go to to do that!

Yeah i was thinking of doin the b20vtec conversion. heard alot about that, do you guys know a rough estimate price so i can start saving :)

nate92
22-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Looks like u love ur car more than anything.. Been there done that during the younger days... But hey whatever tickles your friend ... Go for it champ!!

But yes, every1 has given u the different options available and will make decent power gains if done right...

But if ur after the ultimate power gains at the same costs of a engine swap but double the power..

Boost your B18c2.... GT3540R with a nice tune keeping it 8-11psi ... Easy 200fwkw!!

B18c2 have the best bottom end for boosting and the tranny ratios.

Fukc yeh!!

Yeah man love my toys, well im still on my p's so i cant boost yet :(

delsol9000rpms
22-03-2012, 08:41 PM
yh mate save for a long time loll to be honest just put a 4.9 final drive in ur car get a set of toda spec b cams and trust me you will bee very very happy with your car

Emnesty
22-03-2012, 08:48 PM
to be honest i would not have a clue about details in the gearbox. I got a rough idea but wouldnt know where or who to go to to do that!

Yeah i was thinking of doin the b20vtec conversion. heard alot about that, do you guys know a rough estimate price so i can start saving :)

B20vtec build frm bottom to top approx 8-10k+... Redlines to 10,000rpm.. Lol

For that same amount u mite as well go Kswap. Or just wait until u get off ur p's and boost the fukcer up!!

Lol

DC2-PWR
22-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Mod the car for a purpose and not for the sake of 'love'. Learn how to save money now and make wise choices, you'll be ahead.

When I first started modding my car it was just for the purpose of 'love having more parts than others' and to be faster than a few of my friends cars. When the time came that I had more parts, and was faster, they're out there with more money and still driving a faster car than average.

Now that I'm introduced to tracking, I now have a purpose. I'm trying to learn about my car and add the parts I need to it.

I have spent nearly 10k + on useless parts and at the track theres toyota corolla seca's having faster lap times than mine.. also was driven by some obese guy. Just shows that he saved so much money, and learn't how to control his car to his limits. It gave me a mental hit in the backside.

So yeah, think thrice about modding cars. Get to know your car, buy the right parts. You will save so much money $$$$$$$$ and know your car to its limits.

Good luck btw :-)

Emnesty
22-03-2012, 09:11 PM
^^^^speaks of the car gods..

Well said..

Ill rep ya after 24hrs lol..

stndrd
22-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Mod the car for a purpose and not for the sake of 'love'. Learn how to save money now and make wise choices, you'll be ahead.

When I first started modding my car it was just for the purpose of 'love having more parts than others' and to be faster than a few of my friends cars. When the time came that I had more parts, and was faster, they're out there with more money and still driving a faster car than average.

Now that I'm introduced to tracking, I now have a purpose. I'm trying to learn about my car and add the parts I need to it.

I have spent nearly 10k + on useless parts and at the track theres toyota corolla seca's having faster lap times than mine.. also was driven by some obese guy. Just shows that he saved so much money, and learn't how to control his car to his limits. It gave me a mental hit in the backside.

So yeah, think thrice about modding cars. Get to know your car, buy the right parts. You will save so much money $$$$$$$$ and know your car to its limits.

Good luck btw :-)

I strongly agree with this. Anybody can drive a car with big HP figures fast, but the truely fast drivers know how to drive near stock or stock standard cars to their limits and do it well.

At the end of the day who are you modifying your car for? You and only you. There is no need to rush into mods on your car that may not benifit you in the long run. Take one step at a time and go thru the process slowly. Not only will you appreciate each mod for what it is, but you will learn exactly how every mod has an effect on your car. I have seen plenty of people throw brief cases full of money at a car, but they will never understand how everything works, only that their car is shit loads faster and now a car that they will never be able to find the limit of as their driving ability is unable to maximise the potential of the car.

Honestly tho, best of luck with the build, but remember, killer wasps don't mean everything

DC2-PWR
23-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I strongly agree with this. Anybody can drive a car with big HP figures fast, but the truely fast drivers know how to drive near stock or stock standard cars to their limits and do it well.

At the end of the day who are you modifying your car for? You and only you. There is no need to rush into mods on your car that may not benifit you in the long run. Take one step at a time and go thru the process slowly. Not only will you appreciate each mod for what it is, but you will learn exactly how every mod has an effect on your car. I have seen plenty of people throw brief cases full of money at a car, but they will never understand how everything works, only that their car is shit loads faster and now a car that they will never be able to find the limit of as their driving ability is unable to maximise the potential of the car.

Honestly tho, best of luck with the build, but remember, killer wasps don't mean everything

Thanks for the extra wisdom :-)

nate92
23-03-2012, 03:08 PM
thanks all of you, thats why im on here to learn :) theres no rush in modding it i just like to plan things out and learn each mod and what it does and the cars full potential and how everything works. Thanks for all your advices guys hopefully to meet you guys soon and you can teach me everything you know :)