PDA

View Full Version : tyre stretch/rolling diameter question

MWAKU
22-03-2012, 10:18 PM
thinking of running 20x9 and 20x10 on my euro , both +35 (yes i know alot of work)

but, i remember looking at this ad, and the guy was running 30 at the front, and 35 at the rear, and im like, isnt that running different wheel diamaters front and back cause abs problems or whatever, and possibly speedo inaccuracies.

anyway he said something, because the tyre is stretched at the rear, its like running a 30 side wall neway.

i was like wtf that doesnt equate to me

didnt buy em

now looking at this other set, and the guys telling me the same thing. his like its 35 stretched which is pretty much running a 30 sidewall. i dont get it, is there something im missing, if the sidewall gets stretched it loses its height? i plugged it into willtheyfit.com and visually seems not to make a difference. what are these guys on about.

just complete non sense or is there some truth to it? i know 100% i can't run a 35 sidewall, not mainly cause of the speedo throw, but cause my rear bumper lining will rape it along with the corner of the rear quarter. so im telling this guy i need new tyres neway