PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! Buddyclub N+ Problem

BLKWLF
23-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Really need some help guys. I tried adjusting my ride height on the BC N+ and followed the DIY on the TSX forum which was pretty straight forward. I followed it exactly! Only loosening the black lock and then turning the coil clockwise. Took it for a test drive and suddenly the all this thudding and clunking started in the rear! I wasn't even doing 10ks an hr and all i could hear is loud clunking and thudding from any slight imperfection in the road. Please help!

lilthug
23-03-2012, 06:20 PM
did u lock it back up?

BLKWLF
23-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah. Went over everything tons times, have no clue whats goin on. But the messed up thing is it's just the rears that are doing it. The sound is alomost like something hitting the top of the wheel well.

x10Hz
24-03-2012, 10:29 AM
which of the 3 black rings did u undo.. you are meant to do the bottom most one. sounds like u have undone the spring perch and it hasnt seated properly.

BLKWLF
24-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Only the bottom one is black. With the rears when i was turning the shaft clockwise to lower i noticed that all of a sudden the spring started to move around as well and wasn't compressed anymore, so then i adjusted the spring too coz it would be jumping up and down all the time. I can adjust the spring back to factory settings thats not a problem but i just cant figure whats making the noise. It cant be the wheel hitting the guards coz when i raised it, it made the same sound. It almost sounds like something thumping up into the boot.

marquee
24-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Incorrect spring loads shouldn't make a thumping noise just make the car handle like shit unless the spring is not compressed at all. It has to be something loose. What it is I couldn't tell you without looking and hearing the noise

felixd
24-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Blown :(

Fredoops
24-03-2012, 05:46 PM
sounds like a buggered shock actually, from what you said is kinda like a shock had gone (or on it's way out like mine)

BLKWLF
24-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Found the problem lol. Turns that the guys who installed didn't tighten the nut thats all the way at the top of the coilover, the part thats bolted to the car. Tightend it and no issues now.