PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Brand New Tyre Problem!

akzz
24-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Hey Guys,

I have been lurking around the forum searching for any info related to tyre tread pattern v/s alignment but could not seem to find any information, hence I'm posting the question.

Problem:
Purchased a set of brand new 19" x 8 ET 45 Enix Wheels with 235/35/19 Achilles ATR sport tyres (Treadwear Rating: 400 FTW) 2 days ago. Went to TyrePower Mitcham and got a wheel alignment done from there with their sophisticated wheel alignment system. The car before the alignment was pulling to the left, and it still is now.

On saying the above, I swapped the standard 04 CL9 steering to the newer 06+ models steering about 8 months ago and was told that an alignment was needed as the steering was sitting about a spindle off the centre due to alignment. This fixed the with my old tyres (Kumho KU31).

Questions:
1. Is the tyre tread related to any alignment? The car seems to pull really hard to the left. The KU31s had straight treads but the Achilles now have a V-Shape tread.
2. Have not hit anything since I got the tyres or even before, the alignment was spot on before, would travel straight even on worn/scalloped tyres.

In the mean time, I plan to take the car back to TyrePower and get the alignment checked again.

Any recommendations and has anyone else experienced the same problem?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thankss!!

senna
24-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Go back to the shop and get the alignment re-checked, if it didn't do it before and it is no, look at the main contributing factors - alignment.

The wheel and tyre combo will have some effect, but they should be re-aligning the car to suit the new wheels and tyres

ergot
24-03-2012, 11:26 PM
bearf in mind most australian roads are cambered so they tend to drive to the left

ChaosMaster
25-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, tire pattern definitely wouldn't be the problem. Especially if you got the same tires all round.