View Full Version : accord CD5 auto ACCELERATION real slow issues

altong0840
25-03-2012, 05:53 PM
recently i got a cd5 auto, changed engine oil and HONDA ATF,
but it take off really slow, pedal the gas and it shift gear between 2500-3000rpm
and the engine noise a bit loud. (pod-air-filter changed)
0-60km take more than 15 sec with pedal pretty hard.
the idle smooth and gear shift smooth.

i tried to do some highway drive today. the steering wheel shake badly when over 100km/h
ACCELERATION real bad.

anyone have some problem here?

HONTUNE
25-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Hey mate, how much Many liters of ATF did you put in it?

altong0840
25-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Hey mate, how much Many liters of ATF did you put in it?

i drianed and put about 3.8 at first time i change the ATF, it abit over the line
then i drianed it, put around 3.2L and checked the ATF lever when the fans on and turned the car on, it just between the line of the dip stick.

Troy
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
recently i got a cd5 auto, changed engine oil and HONDA ATF,
but it take off really slow, pedal the gas and it shift gear between 2500-3000rpm
and the engine noise a bit loud. (pod-air-filter changed)
0-60km take more than 15 sec with pedal pretty hard.
the idle smooth and gear shift smooth.

i tried to do some highway drive today. the steering wheel shake badly when over 100km/h
ACCELERATION real bad.

anyone have some problem here?

Did it do this before you changed the ATF or only after? Or did you change it before driving and therefore don't know? I would be tempted to have an auto transmission mechanic give it an inspection and report. It might be something simple and cheap for them to fix... it might not.

Some other points that come to mind:

Possibly need tyre balance and alignment, check rims for defects (such as a buckled rim)
Make sure to fill up with premium unleaded (98 RON), the first Accord I had gave me some major engine issues which cleared up when I started using the better quality fuel. Also possibly might need the fuel injectors cleaned out.

getm_up
05-04-2012, 09:42 PM
definetly sounds like a wheel alignment issue you have when you travelling over 100 kph. if its a bad case it could possibly be the hub bearing but you would definetly hear the noise from that.
as for the early shifts and the slow take off. we had a customer who did there own tranny oil change,but didnt change the filter also.it did provide a problem for some reason.we dropped the oil.changed the filter and realized he had also put way to much oil in the transmission.

i hope it does help.let me know how it goes and i could ask the honda techs what the other problems could be if its not fixed