PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy an accord euro Lux cl9. Questions...

alex804
26-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi all:wave: I am new to this forum and this is my first post:o
Briefly introduce myself. I owned a 91 Toyota Celica Gt4 for 2 years and i am looking to buy a cl9 lux edition. Pearl White would be my favorite colour. Just wonder if there is any hot White Lux cl9 with black interior leather instead of beige?
What to be aware of when looking for second hand market for cl9 Lux edition?
Is there any interior difference pre facelift and pro facelift cl9? I know the exterior w the difference of the grill, front lip, etc.

blueskyz
26-03-2012, 11:55 PM
The PWP lux cl9 does not come in black leather. Some interior difference on the top of my head... Gear stick. All of this and more can be found if you do a little searching in OH or comparing the two. I managed to do it and bought the best PWP lux cl9 no regrets, so can you. Google is your friend.

P.S. Good luck !

Fredoops
27-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Post facelift got a different steering wheel, a proper trip computer with fuel comsumption and different gearstick.

alex804
27-03-2012, 12:33 AM
So sad to hear pearl white doesn't come with black interior... Beige + wood trim is way too old for me... And doesn't match sexy pearl white honda...
I found heaps of euro r in pearl white w black interior in hong kong...
I may shop around for artic blue or red then
Thx blueskyz

roony
27-03-2012, 05:10 AM
artic blue

cant go wrong with that :). GL

-[NoS]-
27-03-2012, 09:21 AM
cant go wrong with that :). GL

i second that... :P

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8420/img8376j.jpg

mrgu
27-03-2012, 08:22 PM
thats hot nos

alex804
27-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Arctic blue is awesome on cl9 & dc5. Hopefully I can source one around :)
If white + black interior I would definitely pick pearl white T T

HunterZero
28-03-2012, 11:01 AM
All earlier CL9 in both nighthawk black and pearl white came with beige leather. Later MY06 facelift CL9 in nighthawk black could be found with black leather, so you might be able to find a facelift CL9 in pearl white with black leather (:confused:), but it would be quite rare.

Seriously though, arctic blue and graphite are both great colours. They do require a bit of work to keep the swirls out of them though.

- HZ

Fredoops
28-03-2012, 11:55 AM
All earlier CL9 in both nighthawk black and pearl white came with beige leather. Later MY06 facelift CL9 in nighthawk black could be found with black leather, so you might be able to find a facelift CL9 in pearl white with black leather (:confused:), but it would be quite rare.

Seriously though, arctic blue and graphite are both great colours. They do require a bit of work to keep the swirls out of them though.

- HZ

Nothing like the self disintegrating milano red......

adis
28-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Pear white clear winner cos i got one lol

dale_s15
28-03-2012, 03:02 PM

- HZ

This is true about the black in the facelift model.. but I'm fairly sure the Pearl White was still beige interior only.

alex804
28-03-2012, 03:35 PM
How do you guys think about the beige interior, compared with black interior? If I get the pearl white, I at least would replace the wooden trim asap. Or possibly find a wreck euro and buy out and replace the black interior. But seems it would be a lot of work and luck to do so.

UR34DY
28-03-2012, 04:06 PM
you can always custom trim it, instead of replacing the interior it might be cheaper?

alex804
13-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Yesterday I nearly put a deposit on a manual 2003 cl9 luxury, freshly painted. But seller told me he only owned it for 3 months. And there are few hail damage car in his house as well. When I come back home and I did Personal Property Securities Register and found that it is economic written off... Seller hide the facts and finally replied it is a hail damage and got fixed...

moogle
13-05-2012, 12:42 PM
i regret getting beige interior :( it gets so dirty! you should get a 2006 and up euro :)! You wont be disappointed! huge upgraded from the car youre coming from!

Areis
13-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Yesterday I nearly put a deposit on a manual 2003 cl9 luxury, freshly painted. But seller told me he only owned it for 3 months. And there are few hail damage car in his house as well. When I come back home and I did Personal Property Securities Register and found that it is economic written off... Seller hide the facts and finally replied it is a hail damage and got fixed...

IMHO mate, hail damage isn't that much of a big issue... Cause realistically, your getting a car with a FRESH respray! Mechanically everything is still perfect..

alex804
13-05-2012, 02:30 PM
That car is 2003 arctic blue manual luxury, with full service history, 100K Km, with navi but no rear camera. I am fine with the hail damage, but it would be harder to get it resale in the future.

jzx_andy
13-05-2012, 03:59 PM
That car is 2003 arctic blue manual luxury, with full service history, 100K Km, with navi but no rear camera. I am fine with the hail damage, but it would be harder to get it resale in the future.

i'd walk away from it just because he hid the fact about the respray.. if youre still keen on it id suggest you ask for receipts on the repairs or have someone professional have a look. best to be safe and make sure that the paint thickness on the resprayed panels is decent

usually people who fork out the money for a good repair would not hide that fact, just saying.

alex804
13-05-2012, 06:04 PM
i'd walk away from it just because he hid the fact about the respray.. if youre still keen on it id suggest you ask for receipts on the repairs or have someone professional have a look. best to be safe and make sure that the paint thickness on the resprayed panels is decent

usually people who fork out the money for a good repair would not hide that fact, just saying.

I do think that he is paying these kind of hail damage car and repaint them and resell them as business cause there were two others hail damage cars & one Holden with bumper not being installed. If he would be honest to me, I may consider it.

tonysalib
14-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Stay out from it i say, clearly he does it as business and if that the case then you cant trust the quality of the repair he definitely got it done for as cheap as possible that's if he didn't do it himself

adamc11
14-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm not a big fan of arctic blue, it's pretty ugly imo. The silver looks pretty average, i think the graphite and black look best especially with the chrome door handles, they really contrast the dark colour of the car. You can't be too picky though when buying second hand, whatever you do just stay away from red.

If you just drive the car by yourself and look after your car and clean and condition the leather regularly beige interior should be fine. If your a little slack or if you have kids i would go black interior.

Things to look out for with the euro are front end shudder and a crunchy clutch which is a common problem.

I wouldn't be touching any car that has been written off. Regardless of how it was written off, when you come to sell it you must inform the new owner that it was written off, it's illegal not too, and a written off car will turn off almost all people.

antony
14-05-2012, 06:46 PM
I would buy the hail damaged Euro if it was at a good price,and if its been properely repaired,as its still a Euro,which has not had any structural damage done to it.

alex804
14-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I do agree every single point adamc11 mentioned. Colour is not a big concern to me, just don't like red & silver which makes the car looks boring. The thing I most concern would be the condition of the car. & it should be luxury and manual! Hope I can find a good one in near future :)

alex804
14-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I would buy the hail damaged Euro if it was at a good price,and if its been properely repaired,as its still a Euro,which has not had any structural damage done to it.

But the seller is doggy, & did not tell me it is written off before. Price I bargained to was $13k, car 100k km on road, 2003 arctic blue luxury cl9, got factory fitted navi but i can't find the reverse camera.

antony
16-05-2012, 08:06 AM
I guess at the end of the day,you must buy from who you feel comfortable with...

adamc11
16-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Alex, what is your budget?

woodz1
17-05-2012, 03:39 PM
If you do get the pearl white, you can matte black vinyl wrap your wood grain trim. I've done all mine and it looks decent, just time consuming. A sheet of it only cost 30 bux off ebay aswell

alex804
17-05-2012, 05:39 PM
I am going to do some euro inspection this week & next week. Hopefully can get a 06-08 luxury one with around 110k km on clock around $14k. Manual luxury is already hard to fine, so i may giving up to lock into only white or blue colour.

tonysalib
18-05-2012, 10:06 AM
get a SPORT, way cooler than a luxury imo

you get genuine Euro R body kit, grill and wheels plus the awesome half suede half leather interior. The only thing its missing is the sunroof I reckon but over all its the best package if you're looking for a sporty euro

mrgu
20-05-2012, 06:17 PM
U cant simply overlook the hid and auto dimming Mirror lux has.and heated seat.i am a fan of the red gauge. However the sport edition euro r kit looks silly without a proper exhaust because it slightly hides in it Modulo much better

Nuggety Nugget
22-05-2012, 05:56 PM
If you do get the pearl white, you can matte black vinyl wrap your wood grain trim. I've done all mine and it looks decent, just time consuming. A sheet of it only cost 30 bux off ebay aswell
Any pics of your matte black trim?

woodz1
24-05-2012, 02:05 PM
There you are Nuggety Nugget. You have to remove all the panels and do them individually. And you're supposed to use a heat gun to stretch the vinyl but I just used a zippo lighter lol

tonysalib
24-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Looks good, why didn't you go for the carbon fiber look vinyl?

Nuggety Nugget
24-05-2012, 03:44 PM
That looks awesome woodz, good work. I'd prefer that to carbon fibre.

alex804
24-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Looks awesome! btw, i am going to get a prelift luxury manual one soon. will update this post once it is confirmed.

moogle
29-05-2012, 02:36 PM
looks good! I miss my euro sold it 2 weeks ago :(! what do you guys think of the cu2 lol

alex804
03-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Hi all. It's time to update this thread! As I just collect my artic blue cl9 luxury today.
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/crazymary804/20120602_143021.jpg
Will provide more photo, and more detail later as it was a busy day.

Nuggety Nugget
05-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Good work mate, how do you like it? I've had mine for almost 2 months now and I still love it. I still look forward to driving it.

alex804
06-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Good work mate, how do you like it? I've had mine for almost 2 months now and I still love it. I still look forward to driving it.

Lux cl9 got a very good package. I love the interior of it & the exterior looks sporty but luxury too. But I think it got a bit body roll & suspension is a bit soft and cornering in a bit faster speed is not that accurate. I am thinking of getting front strut bar first. Later may consider to get lower spring with shocks. But I would start a new thread for my car & future mods.

tony1234
06-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Lux cl9 got a very good package. I love the interior of it & the exterior looks sporty but luxury too. But I think it got a bit body roll & suspension is a bit soft and cornering in a bit faster speed is not that accurate. I am thinking of getting front strut bar first. Later may consider to get lower spring with shocks. But I would start a new thread for my car & future mods.

Don't worry about replacing the front bar do the rear only.18mm will do the job then get some decent shocks with lowered springs.Then maybe a front strut brace.This is all you need to do to the suspension.

alex804
06-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Don't worry about replacing the front bar do the rear only.18mm will do the job then get some decent shocks with lowered springs.Then maybe a front strut brace.This is all you need to do to the suspension.

Thanks Tony. What's the difference of getting a rear strut bar & rear sway bar? I think rear sway bar also does the job of reducing body roll. Sorry I am noob to mod.

ChaosMaster
07-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Thanks Tony. What's the difference of getting a rear strut bar & rear sway bar? I think rear sway bar also does the job of reducing body roll. Sorry I am noob to mod.

Sway bars are also known as anti roll bars, and reduce body roll. A stuffer rear sway bar on a FWD car will improve turn in, power down and reduce understeer. Too stiff a bar will ruin ride and may cause lift off oversteer when pushed past 8/10.

Strut/Tower bars are designed to improve structural/chassis rigidity and reduce flex in the body. You may notice reduce rattle from your dash on bumpy roads but I doubt you'ld notice any other improvement. Not like the CL9 had a lot of body flex to begin with (there still is some though).