PDA

View Full Version : Ek cxi vs ek gli

Mullensxxx
27-03-2012, 03:27 PM
does anyone know if the cxi still has the electric windows harness that runs between the gear stick and the hand brake? or is it rad like a a breeze and nothing there at all?

thanks!

CRXDEL501
27-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Nothing there at all from what I can remember

kyzz
27-03-2012, 09:54 PM
if you want to run power windows in your ek you're going to want to get gli door inserts and get an auto electrician to wire it up for you, unless you want to do it yourself. shouldn't be too hard, live and earth wire to battery - but cutting hole in inserts would be annoying.

CRXDEL501
27-03-2012, 10:11 PM
if you want to run power windows in your ek you're going to want to get gli door inserts and get an auto electrician to wire it up for you, unless you want to do it yourself. shouldn't be too hard, live and earth wire to battery - but cutting hole in inserts would be annoying.

It will be a pain in the a**

G-Stick
28-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Best to just find a wreck, get the motors etcs in the doors and the harness that runs from one door to the other.
Its plug and play and oem goodness

Mullensxxx
28-03-2012, 04:24 AM
fact - I want manual mirrors and window, can anyone confirm about the harness running from one door to the other?

markismaximus
28-03-2012, 07:05 AM
fact - I want manual mirrors and window, can anyone confirm about the harness running from one door to the other?

you buying another EK mullens?

if the EK harness is anything like EG the door harnesses don't run direct. They both run into the underdash fuse panel. The passegner side is wrapped into the main dash harness. So if you wanted to remove all the wiring for window/mirror motors you would need to take the whole dash out.