PDA

View Full Version : Eg GLi won't start. Need help or ideas!

jpp
27-03-2012, 05:36 PM
My civic with a d15b7 was running fine a couple days ago which I started & stopped to keep the battery alive. Couple days afterwards I tried to start it but the battery was flat, turned over but didn't have enough momentum to start
So I tried jumper leads which only made the engine turn over but it still didn't start. Which resulted me to change the battery from my other car around to see whether it's the battery. Still the same, i can hear the fuel pump going, so I checked the sparks yes it's firing it starts off sounding like its about to fire but it doesn't. & with the cranking there's slight smoking from the exhaust. Also afterwards when I checked the plugs I realised it also had some smoke coming out of the sp hole.
Any ideas to what it may be? I'm unsure about the compression but I guess there is since if it didn't & it was turning over the rpm would sit at zero while mine went up slightly. I'm out of ideas as of this moment but any suggestions of what it may be would be great.

lilthug
27-03-2012, 05:58 PM
starter motor perhaps?

got enough petrol?

could be alot of things

jpp
27-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Start motor is fine, after the change in battery of cranks well.
Half a tank of petrol lol
Yeah that's the problem, could be a lot of things but what concerns me most is the smoke out of the exhaust & the head

jd m
27-03-2012, 06:07 PM
check fuel pump

contaminated fuel

distrubutor

check the alternator as it could be on it's way out

spark leads could also be on their was as well

stndrd
28-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Where are you located to begin with?

jpp
28-03-2012, 03:59 PM
check fuel pump

contaminated fuel

distrubutor

check the alternator as it could be on it's way out

spark leads could also be on their was as well

Fuel pump - good
Contaminated fuel - wouldn't be since I haven't filled up recently, running the same fuel
Dizzy - seems good no build up or anything
Alternator.. How do you check it without the car running? I have no idea, need help there
& leads seem fine

jpp
28-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Where are you located to begin with?

Located in the south eastern suburbs

stndrd
28-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Drop me a PM if you would like to come and have a look at it on the weekend

jpp
28-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Drop me a PM if you would like to come and have a look at it on the weekend

Will keep that in mind, thanks buddy

Anyone????

oopoc
28-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I seriously don't like the sound of the smoke from the head. Was that without the plugs in? Dose it make any noises that are unusual?

jpp
29-03-2012, 04:40 AM
I seriously don't like the sound of the smoke from the head. Was that without the plugs in? Dose it make any noises that are unusual?

Yeah quite concerned about that also. No, it didn't have any unregular noises whatsoever.
& this is after I took the plugs out to inspect it

Drifter995
30-03-2012, 09:23 AM
What colour smoke was coming out the exhaust?
It almost sounds like you've boiled it, and fried some things... that'd cause it to not fire... at least it's what's stopping my laser from firing.. melted injectors and a whole mess of other things...

mojoinc
30-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a loose earth near thermostat housing.

mojoinc
30-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Have you tried start ya bastard

unl3a5h
30-03-2012, 09:20 PM
d15b.....