PDA

View Full Version : civic hybrid

LEONARDO
29-03-2012, 06:12 PM
When I start my HCH.. the IMA light comes on..... any ideas how to get rid of it and why does it come on...

infurNOS
30-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Is it Manual or CVT? How many kms? How does the car start? If it struggles it may be a battery pack problem. I suggest you visit a stealership.

LEONARDO
30-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Is it Manual or CVT? How many kms? How does the car start? If it struggles it may be a battery pack problem. I suggest you visit a stealership.

It is cvt (automatic) It has 70600kms and the car starts immediately. Today I drove the car as usual... As a habit the aircon is always on, I drive with my park lights on.

Today i refrained from doing both habits and guess what, the IMA LIGHT DID NOT COME ON AND THE FUEL USAGE DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY.... I drove home from work , about 15kms and the litres p/h came down to 7.1 even as far low as 6.8.... please explain....

ChaosMaster
30-03-2012, 06:54 PM
drop in fuel would come from air-con being off. IMA could be because the battery was running low? Not too sure, but could be because of AC and lights on meaning that they were draining nearly as much as it was charging.

clayton4115
24-05-2012, 07:31 PM
could be a low 12v battery that needs replacing.