PDA

View Full Version : 100 Premium at United Petrol station

kenny07
31-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey.. im not sure if this has been posted before or not.. so if it has, then i apologise for doing it again..

i just poured 100 Premium at a United petrol station and was wondering has anyone else done so before...

the 100 premium has something like 10% ethenol blend in it...

i poured it in my EP3 and was wondering is it a good idea?

i do somewhat find it to run abit leaner

what are your thoughs..

hmetro24
31-03-2012, 07:19 PM
I been doing that for some time, but you have to reset the ecu to let it learn from beginning. car feel better than 98.

DakDak
31-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Hey.. im not sure if this has been posted before or not.. so if it has, then i apologise for doing it again..

i just poured 100 Premium at a United petrol station and was wondering has anyone else done so before...

the 100 premium has something like 10% ethenol blend in it...

i poured it in my EP3 and was wondering is it a good idea?

i do somewhat find it to run abit leaner

what are your thoughs..

No its not detrimental to the car. Provided it is even actually 100RON. Eg I know with some E85 distributed by fuel companies, the rating isnt even E85. The only one I know of that is actually e85 is ELF e85, but some are e75 etc. Dont believe what they say and show. Do your research.

In Japan the cars are tuned for 100RON when shipped here they are detuned to lower quality 98RON. If you wanted to make the most of gain then you have to do what hmetro mentioned and reset the ecu. So it can learn all the timing etc it needs to adjust with running a higher octane fuel.

kenny07
02-04-2012, 12:58 PM
No its not detrimental to the car. Provided it is even actually 100RON. Eg I know with some E85 distributed by fuel companies, the rating isnt even E85. The only one I know of that is actually e85 is ELF e85, but some are e75 etc. Dont believe what they say and show. Do your research.

In Japan the cars are tuned for 100RON when shipped here they are detuned to lower quality 98RON. If you wanted to make the most of gain then you have to do what hmetro mentioned and reset the ecu. So it can learn all the timing etc it needs to adjust with running a higher octane fuel.

well i went on their website, and it just say 100 premium with a blend of 10% ethenol

and also resetting of the ecu?

i think my ecu was reset like a month ago when the person was installing my short ram intake into my car
so i guess it should be ok to pour the 100 premium if i do continue to do so

kenny07
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
this is what it say on their website describing Premium 100

"Premium 100 is a high performance petrol with an octane of 100, which is the highest rating available in the Australian market. Ethanol is a natural octane enhancer - adding 10% ethanol to petrol boosts its octane number and its performance. Ethanol helps the other components in petrol burn more completely. It also has a cleaning effect on the cars fuel system. Premium 100 will give your car more zip!"