PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] Various features and settings questions.

ope126
27-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi All,

Reading through the owners manual and it gives about three different options for Auto Door Locking.
However after attempting to replicate, I could not get to work...
I am looking to have the doors Auto Lock when when you reach 10km/h for example.
The Unlock when Keys are taken out of the ignition as per one of the options.

Can anyone share there experiences with this? Have you been able toget this to work?
Or is this a feature that only works in certain markets?

Does the honda Servic Department have a scanning tool, such as what VW do with the VAGCOM / VCDS?

Maybe this can be coded by the dealer to activate?

Happy to discuss...

ope126
27-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi All,

This is a feature I hate.

When you unlock the doors via remote, only the drivers door opens. Upon pressing the button for a second time, all doors open.

This is a pain for kids.

In my preevious Passat, it was the other way around and could be coded to suit.

Can this be deactivated to make all doors open by pressing the button on the remote just once?

Can anyone share there experiences with this? Have you been able toget this to work?

Does the honda Servic Department have a scanning tool, such as what VW do with the VAGCOM / VCDS?

Happy to discuss...

ope126
27-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi All,

Can the sensitivity of the light sensor be adjusted by the dealer?
I fid that it takes too long to pick up the change of light and activate the headlights when in AUTO mode.

In my previous Passat it could be coded in steps from 0 - 5.
I wonder if the Honda is the same?

Can anyone share there experiences with this?

Happy to discuss...

euRo_noob
27-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Not sure about that but maybe you should try calling the dealer. Don't think I've read anything about this before.

At first, I always kept locking people outside of my car because I was used to only pressing unlock once but I've gotten used to it now. Every car I unlock now, I press it a few times lol.

MR_LATE
28-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Same. Its not hard to get used to. sometimes i press it and get in then smile at my passenger who is still outside :)

But i don't have kids so i don't know what's that's like soz

ChaosMaster
28-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Perhaps you could change the module to one from the cl9. I prefer it anyway. Single press to unlock all doors. Double press and hold to open all windows. wonder if you can still open all windows via key on the cu2. Perhaps through the key itself in the drivers door or maybe triple press and hold.

curtis265
28-03-2012, 11:36 AM
I think ti's a great safety feature. Imagine if someone's chasing you

89superstage
28-03-2012, 12:56 PM
I think ti's a great safety feature. Imagine if someone's chasing you

Lol, love that...
it can take a little getting used to, I agree, now its become second nature, just push twice...

praja6
28-03-2012, 08:12 PM
and other headache is when you press twice to open all dooes in cu2 and if you don't open the door for few secs the doors locked automatically.... i am used to it now.

ope126
28-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the input guys...
Looks like I will just have to live with it!!!

aaronng
29-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Isn't there a setting in the car's in-dash menu?

denot
29-03-2012, 10:46 AM
aaronng, not that I know of... But in standard CU2 is better because it doesnt make the "beeping" noise when you unlock the car. In my CX9, i have to hear 2 beeps twice everytime I want to open all door... sooo annoying!

ope126
31-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Hi All,

Reading through the owners manual and it gives details about the One-push Turn Signal.
I assume this wil do 3 "blinks" with one push similar to a lot of vehicles available now with this feature.

Does the honda Service Department have a scanning tool, such as what VW do with the VAGCOM / VCDS? Maybe this can be coded by the dealer to activate?

Happy to discuss...

ope126
31-03-2012, 02:30 PM
No ideas? I will speak to the dealer next week in relation to this and see if it can be activated...

ope126
31-03-2012, 02:31 PM
No ideas? I will speak to the dealer next week in relation to this and see if it can be activated...

Fredoops
31-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi All,

Reading through the owners manual and it gives details about the One-push Turn Signal.
I assume this wil do 3 "blinks" with one push similar to a lot of vehicles available now with this feature.

Does the honda Service Department have a scanning tool, such as what VW do with the VAGCOM / VCDS? Maybe this can be coded by the dealer to activate?

Happy to discuss...

Honda/Euro ECU is.... the worst part of the car for modding. It took 9 years for Hondata to come up with Flashpro to tune the ECU. Go figure

I know how easy it is to play with VAG ecu's.... You'll get none of it here Sorry, the Euro ECU is kina... Anal.

ope126
31-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Honda/Euro ECU is.... the worst part of the car for modding. It took 9 years for Hondata to come up with Flashpro to tune the ECU. Go figure

I know how easy it is to play with VAG ecu's.... You'll get none of it here Sorry, the Euro ECU is kina... Anal.

Thanks Mate!!!

ChaosMaster
01-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Lolz, I'm surprised with all the questions you've asked here, you haven't gone to the Honda dealership/service center to ask. Having said that, the people working there won't exactly know everything. I mean the guy I handed my car over was surprised I could open all my windows via remote.

azn_k3nt
01-04-2012, 01:06 PM
The essendon dealership explained it when i got the car, in case if someone is trying to carjack you and intruder this feature will prevent such thing.

I dont mind it especially when I'm sitting in the street waiting to pick up someone in a dodgy suburb, I rather it then not.

ope126
07-04-2012, 06:05 PM
The car is booked in for its 18mth / 30,000km serivce 19/04 (even though it only has 7,000kms on the clock!)

I will report back with any findings on the day from the dealer.

Off to Highway Honda Springwood BTW...

ope126
07-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Lolz, I'm surprised with all the questions you've asked here, you haven't gone to the Honda dealership/service center to ask. Having said that, the people working there won't exactly know everything. I mean the guy I handed my car over was surprised I could open all my windows via remote.

The car is booked in for its 18mth / 30,000km serivce 19/04 (even though it only has 7,000kms on the clock!)

ope126
07-04-2012, 06:08 PM

The guys at service seem pretty keen to see if this feature canbe activated also! Fingers crossed...

ope126
07-04-2012, 06:09 PM

The guys at service commented that the AUTO activation should be almost instant. Mine is definatly not, will report back soon!

ope126
07-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the volume level of the beeps coming from the front and rear park assistance can be increased? Mine seem to be very quiet.
Maybe I am going deaf with 3 kids now, but it does seem on the low side?

Anyone else have similar thoughts / experiences?

MR_LATE
07-04-2012, 09:30 PM
The car is booked in for its 18mth / 30,000km serivce 19/04 [I](even though it only has 7,000kms on the clock!)

took me a while to understand that..lol
how come youre going to highway honda? anything special with them>?

ope126
07-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I used to take my Volkswagens to Highway VW also.
Springwood is Close for me, other than that is Yamanto, Newstead, Wollongabba and Indooropilly.

Yeah, the car has super low Kms!

MR_LATE
07-04-2012, 10:09 PM
yamanto is quite far?

aaronng
08-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I've merged all your threads together as you were posting the same thing in each one. Best to keep all of them in one thread to keep the forum organised.

BigBen
20-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I've got 2 phones, how do I have both phones working with bluetooth at the same time. At the moment only 1 phone can connect over bluetooth.

Havocwreaker
20-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Are you driving a manual or automatic?

pitiek
20-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Bluetooth doesn't work that way.. You can only pair one device at one time.. I use the HU bluetooth for my iphone and a bluetooth headset for my work phone..

BigBen
20-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Bluetooth doesn't work that way.. You can only pair one device at one time.. I use the HU bluetooth for my iphone and a bluetooth headset for my work phone..

I've been using a hands free kit by BlueANT S4 and this unit can handle 2 simultaneous bluetooth connection at the same time. I have an iphone (work) and Samsung Galaxy S2 working at the sametime.

So it seems like the Honda unit doesn't allow this feature, even if the manual states that it can handle up to 6 bluetooth devices.

ope126
26-04-2012, 05:40 PM
So took the car to Highway Honda last week for an 18mth service.
I had them look at all of the above "options" however they were unable (or not wanting) to activate or adjust an of the features above.

I wonder if another dealer would be happier to give it a try?

..or is it just a lost cause.

ope126
26-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Does anyone else find the front and rear park assist a little on the quiet side?
Even when the stereo is on at a moderate to low level I find it difficult to get a good audible "beep" from the parking system.

What is everyone elses opinions?
Maybe I am going deaf!

Asked Highway Honda to adjust volume, but they said it could not be done...

Rob.b1
26-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Does anyone else find the front and rear park assist a little on the quiet side?
Even when the stereo is on at a moderate to low level I find it difficult to get a good audible "beep" from the parking system.

What is everyone elses opinions?
Maybe I am going deaf!

Asked Highway Honda to adjust volume, but they said it could not be done...

My reverse sensors seem to make a decent amount of sound.

Sometimes it's too much, i have to switch off the sensors while I'm traffic.
Gets annoying.