PDA

View Full Version : Do you like sticking to one brand, or having some variety in your audio set up?

90civicGL
01-04-2012, 01:04 PM
So I'm currently building up a system and have alpine amp and subs. And I was talking over some options with a friend of mine who has alpine everything, subs, amps, HU, speakers and anything else possible. And he just kept saying get all alpine. I know alpine HU's are good, but since I already have the subs I just cant buy an alpine HU.

Now for some reason and IDK why, I just cant do this. I have it set in my mind that I need to have a variety of different brand. But I cant explain why. So for example, I want a Pioneer deck, Hifonics 2ch amp, Morel Speakers and alpine subs and amp.

So I was just wonder if there is anyone else out there with a similar mindset. Or if you like to stick to the one brand.

sensei_
01-04-2012, 01:15 PM
im not a brand "snob". i go for what suits my budgets, and is best for the application. i know there are some people who swear by certain products, and maybe they have a valid point for doing so (maybe alpine products work for him!)

trism
01-04-2012, 02:38 PM
x2 on this.

No manufacturer can excel in anything.

You just pick the best from everyone.

For example, I like top end Alpine head units and amps, but not speakers or subs.

My old car I had alpine head unit and amp, stinger wiring, Boston acoustics front speakers and RE Audio Sub.

And all you are limited by is your budget.

90civicGL
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
x2 on this.

No manufacturer can excel in anything.

You just pick the best from everyone.

For example, I like top end Alpine head units and amps, but not speakers or subs.

My old car I had alpine head unit and amp, stinger wiring, Boston acoustics front speakers and RE Audio Sub.

And all you are limited by is your budget.

Yer this is what I agree with. I think by going all alpine for example, although majority of their products are great. you still limit yourself with what you can get bang for buck.

EKVTIR-T
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Single brand is a good idea for show type cars

Drifter995
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm running almost different everything...
Rockford amp
Alpine type s sub
infinity speakers
alpine headunit
shok industries wiring...

Honestly, just buy what you like, and what suits your budget. Tis why I got most of my stuff.. bar the amp.. that was impulse/ peer pressure.. Am not regretting it one bit though. :D

Also, alpine subs tend to have low sensitivity apparently... in other words, they need lots of power to get loud.. except the s, that seems to be the only one that doesn't need lots of power to get loud... somehow...

But yes, go buy what sounds good in your price range, doesn't matter what brand.
sticking to one brand will probably disappoint you... So do what you want, not what your friend wants. it's your car after all.

1996_EK_Civic
01-04-2012, 04:16 PM
In my at the moment i have;
Pionner - headunit
JL Audio - speakers, amp and sub
Kicker - wiring

I'll be honest with you guys, I'd prefer to have most things the one brand, but other than that, you can go all out, in my civic i had jvc, cadence, kicker, pioneer and soundstream, another thing i'll be honest with, i don't like Alpine :O never liked their stuff, im not saying they are bad but just my opinion, different people like different brands, but then again, it depends on who you speak to as well

hayashi_1986
04-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I have a dodgy Chinese touchscreen MP4 player, homemade RCA cables, Kenwood 4 channel amp, front PnP splits with Kenwood 4" rear splits. Possibly the worst set up anyone can think of, but the point is it works well for what I want. What works well for you will depend on what you think is best for your application. I was a real tight arse with my stereo, so I don't even have a sub. Either way, I like my music but not loud enough to make my license plate rattle. Brands definitely don't matter if I'm any example of it.

NightKids
04-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Anyone who tells you to go one brand has no idea about car audio... different manufacturers produce better products.

I have a Pioneer headunit, Morel Maximo splits, Alpine Amp & Stinger wiring.

Drifter995
05-04-2012, 12:56 AM
My first system was an old kenwood headunit, eBay alpine replica amp, kenwood 6x9's, rampage sub and wiring. Sounded great for the money lol. $250~ for a decent first system. Got compliments from the local car audio shop somehow xD
As I said before, and as others said, different brands have different specialities, no one brand has everything perfect. Mixed is better generally. Unless you like the sound of all of one brand, in which case, eh. Your ears, do what you want. Your car, your ears.

Winno
06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I support what's already been said - I pick what is fit for purpose. If that means I have a variety of brands, so be it.

androo
08-04-2012, 08:43 AM
In my at the moment i have;
Pionner - headunit
JL Audio - speakers, amp and sub
Kicker - wiring

I'll be honest with you guys, I'd prefer to have most things the one brand, but other than that, you can go all out, in my civic i had jvc, cadence, kicker, pioneer and soundstream, another thing i'll be honest with, i don't like Alpine :O never liked their stuff, im not saying they are bad but just my opinion, different people like different brands, but then again, it depends on who you speak to as well

Shiii.... Same set up as me......................

1996_EK_Civic
08-04-2012, 10:53 AM
haha really? i've got
Pioneer MVH8250BT
JL C5 650
JL XD700.5
JL HO112RG-W3v3

and i'll get rear speakers down the track, i love my set up it great