PDA

View Full Version : 92 EG Breeze problem!?

hk_peenut
01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, my friend has a 92 eg breeze with d13b2 1.3L carby engine.

He's having a couple of problems with his motor and isnt sure what to do abt it, so wondering if any1 knows and can help sort it out.

1. On idle, the car seems to be idling quite high, mayb 1100+.
2. Some vacuum lines have been blocked, he isnt sure why, as it was bought like that.
3. Temp gauge reading rises wen he sits on idle. and the rad fan doesnt turn on, even after it gets 3/4 to H.
The fan works sometimes, after he shuts the motor off n turns ignition to battery, the fan works, but wen the car is running and gets past 1/2 to 3/4, the fan doesnt switch on.

Be awesome if any1 can help with any ideas on what the problem could be.
Cheers

white_ep3_civic
02-04-2012, 07:21 AM
I had the same problem with my breeze's idle. It ended up being vacum lines being mixed up. The mechanic put a tester on it and problem solved. The temp problem is the same an I guess it is just the way it is.

JDM-399
02-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Idle may be to high from a simple idle screw ? theirs no computer so not much can be effecting it. try adjusting the idle , may need a tune ?

for the fan problem , are you saying once the car turns on the fan dosent operate at all ? if so could be a simple wiring problem ?

hk_peenut
03-04-2012, 01:16 PM
hmmm, nah the fan starts to work after he switches it off n keeps working after he starts the motor until the temp goes down to normal running temp wich is under halfway but then once it rises again the fan doesnt work and has to repeat. So im thinking that it could be a bad thermostat?
Any rough prices on how much it was to sort out the vaccuum lines?

white_ep3_civic
03-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Only cost me $55 to get the vacum lines sorted out

Drifter995
03-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Sounds like wiring is buggered on your fan... something isn't right there... I'd probably get a new fan sensor thing (forgotten what they are called >.<) and see if that doesn't help it
Idle is probably the idle screw..
And vacuum lines sounds like a good reason for the other one...

hk_peenut
03-04-2012, 10:55 PM
alrite, cool thanks for the advice. he'l get a mechanic to look at the vaccuum lines, idle screw and stuff.
And yea, i was thinking it could be the thermostat for the fan? but yea it also cood b wiring.
hoping its only small things, and not a really big thing.
thanks for the help!