PDA

View Full Version : Playing DVDs with Navi?

inflyt247
01-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Is it possible? I know the GPS runs off a DVD drive in the boot. Is it possible to play DVD's from it? Is there any tips/tricks to get it to work?

Even if not, are they any other 'hidden' stuff one can do with the navi screen or the console area?

Thanks in advance.

Sabinator
01-04-2012, 06:33 PM
I have a cl9 sat nav and wondering the same

akjdfnn
02-04-2012, 02:44 PM
cl9 you can't...i was told by a honda dealer recenty, honda optioned the navi with a tv/dvd/multimedia player afew years back, but it's now very rare as it was imported in limited numbers from japan by order only..and it was insanely expensive

inflyt247
09-04-2012, 04:56 PM
I thought there might have been a way to play from a USB stick or something? My friend has a new Rav4 and can play from the stock system and on a USB stick.. I'll have to try it and see how it goes.

kera_1
11-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Been looking all over the place for this to work...still searching. but I did post something about the navtool. but there hasn't been anyone that I have asked who has used or installed one of these.

UR34DY
11-04-2012, 09:33 PM
theres people in the US that has done it and been able to play dvds in the navi but requires some kind of coding or something similar to that line

marquee
13-04-2012, 09:20 AM
the dvd player has been flashed with custom firmware and will on play said firmware unless otherwise tampered with. Now i do now of some people to do it even on this forum but using the same screen with different dvd player and toggling through a switch.

if irc the quality was not that good but was sort of watchable

Rob.b1
26-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Playing Video via USB seems to work for me, yet when I put a cd in the drive doesn't seem to work.

Must be disabled by Honda.

inflyt247
01-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Playing Video via USB seems to work for me, yet when I put a cd in the drive doesn't seem to work.

Must be disabled by Honda.

Ah sweet, I'll look into this over the weekend and report how I go.

UR34DY
02-05-2012, 04:21 PM
i though the dvd drive is below the sat nav screen?

Is it possible? I know the GPS runs off a DVD drive in the boot. Is it possible to play DVD's from it? Is there any tips/tricks to get it to work?

Even if not, are they any other 'hidden' stuff one can do with the navi screen or the console area?

Thanks in advance.