PDA

View Full Version : da9 wheels

Aleks
03-04-2012, 08:18 PM
hey guys was just wondering whats the best rims to suit da9 ... 15x9 with +0mm offset???

dont really understand the offset thing lol ... was looking at getting xxr's with stretch tyres ..

cheers

Lukey
03-04-2012, 08:28 PM
they will stick out like a sore thumb!

have a look on this website

http://www.rimtuck.com/

&

http://www.tyrestretch.com/index.php

the lower the offset (eg. +/-0) the further it will sit out compared to a higher number (eg. +40)

the +40 would sit 40mm further in the guard than the +/-0 if the wheel was the same width

grifty
03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
15x8 +0 will be managable with abit of stretch but 15x9 +0 and you will have to pump your guards, really stretch tyres and some decent camber.

stndrd
04-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Will never understand why everyone wants +0 offset

Aleks
04-04-2012, 09:24 PM
cheers guys i dunno what i want thats why im asking lol ... i think ill go with 15x8

Bludger
05-04-2012, 06:35 AM
hey guys was just wondering whats the best rims to suit da9 ... 15x9 with +0mm offset???

dont really understand the offset thing lol ... was looking at getting xxr's with stretch tyres ..

cheers

Kids these days, I swear.

what best are you looking for?

best @ standing out, not standing out, performance, economy?

everyone has their own view of best and unless we know yours, we can't help.

you'll just get BS replies in which i was very tempted to give one.

Bludger
05-04-2012, 06:36 AM
cheers guys i dunno what i want
don't post until you've worked it out.

Aleks
06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
well i do wanna go with the xxr 002's but dunno which ones to get with the size and the offset that suits best for my car ... Im pretty new to all this stuff thought id join this forum to get some advice and help EVERYONES gotta start somewhere dont they ?

mooshie
07-04-2012, 12:13 AM
True. But what do you want? You can have huge camber and wheels sitting at a crazy angle and sticking out etc, or nice and straight and flush or just sitting normally with easy to maintain wear and alignment characteristics. Let us know what you think 'best' is and then you can have some advice...

I have to say that EVERYONE should start with the search function as there are a multitude of threads that have covered the whole offset/fitment topic many times over, DAs are similar to EG/DC chassis so every thread featuring these cars is relevant to your question. Are you concerned about staying legal? If so you will be limited to a 6.5" wide rim anyway.