PDA

View Full Version : What made you buy your cars shape

28RAG
02-03-2005, 03:24 PM
That name probably didnt make much sence, but what i mean is what made you buy a hatch or a sedan or a coupe?

was it things like;
-always got people in the car = sedan
-always driving in the city and need parks = hatch
-look tough = coupe

theyre just examples but yeah im interested to know, im a sedan person...but ive never had a hatch.

heist
02-03-2005, 03:27 PM
i had a 88 hatch...they were better looking than the sedan....now i have a 92 sedan.... i would have the 94 coupe but of course they didnt bring it out here.....

my mum has got a 95 sedan and ever since she got it i wanted one!!...

egSi
02-03-2005, 03:27 PM
bah!! dave u terd, hatches r tough!! :D

28RAG
02-03-2005, 03:28 PM
bah!! dave u terd, hatches r tough!! :D

haha i know i know, just answer my question biach! :p

egSi
02-03-2005, 03:29 PM
i actually wanted an si sedan when looking for my SI i dont want some gl slow ass sedan so i settled on the hatch coz none were for sale.

hatches look better gutted tho :p

28RAG
02-03-2005, 03:36 PM
haha well im trying to figure out whether i want a hatch or a sedan, either way im gonna boost the f@cker, id do it to the accord but a 30 secong 1/4mile isnt the best thing when the cars boosted :P

just wanna see what made people go for their particular models

Alpine
02-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I got the Coupe because it is rare and looks hawt.

02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
when i was 14.. wanted eg... was the latest. then now i loove the EK shape.. beta than 7th gen one.

so yeh,, always love me hatches!

panda[cRx]
02-03-2005, 04:09 PM
its a crx, nuff said :D

always loved crx's since i was little, no need for a 4 seater so yeah

BSRacer
02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
I've always had small cars. As far as hatches go CRX's are the sexiest! It was either a CRX SiR or GTX Familia (imported just before 15yo rule expired). I was able to get an SiR, it's got four seats, it hauls ass and it looks pretty toight, nuff said.

panda[cRx]
02-03-2005, 04:25 PM
ooh my mate had a familia, they are damn rockets :o

SIKCVC
02-03-2005, 04:25 PM
I was gonna get a 89 CRX because they're light and cool looking :P then i found out it was a 2 or 2+2 so i got the civic hatch... mainly because its liter than the sedan and I thought the hatch was kooler looking too :P

aimre
02-03-2005, 05:46 PM
i got a sedan becoz that what i found :):) lol

plus i like boot space :)

A_TRAK
02-03-2005, 06:02 PM
i went the hatch cause it damn looks good...especially the EGs!!!

enough said...

strafe
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I got my EK because I lug computers around in my boot, and I could get one with the B16 and Decent Brakes :). Extra power is good as I do a lot of Highway Driving / Overtaking. 90% of the time it's just me in the car, so I couldn't see any reason for a bigger car.

|N|
02-03-2005, 08:05 PM
EK sedan.. coz i gotta take all the chicks

jackosimm
02-03-2005, 08:36 PM
wouldve loved a civic coupe, but settled for what i think is next best, the hatch.:thumbsup:

nobbs
02-03-2005, 09:03 PM
i used to own a hatchback EK, i always said i would never buy a hatch but in the end i did, i owned it for a while but something in the back of my mind kept telling me to get a coupe (tougher shape i rekn and more sleek), so i decided to give in to what my mind was telling me
plue my hatch had a d16y and my coupe has a b16a, the b16s better of course...

.::F[L]Y::.
02-03-2005, 09:08 PM
bought my coupe because i have always wanted one...evertime i saw one on the road i use to turn my head. and it kinda reminds me of a bmw coupe hehehe

Kandy
02-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Ever since I was young I've wanted a coupe, didn't matter what type it was as long as it was nice and shiny.

Coupe = Sexy!!

type one
02-03-2005, 09:27 PM
i used to own a hatchback EK, i always said i would never buy a hatch but in the end i did, i owned it for a while but something in the back of my mind kept telling me to get a coupe (tougher shape i rekn and more sleek), so i decided to give in to what my mind was telling me
plue my hatch had a d16y and my coupe has a b16a, the b16s better of course...

why is a b16 better??

I had a DC2R and now i have an EG Vti Hatch.... If i had to choose between the two again - I would choose the EG hands down... the b18c7 is a great engine but its so boring in the R's shell (cos it takes so long to spool up LOL)... the d16y is such a good compromise for torque and top end... you guys prolly laughing at me but EG with D16y is such a fun car to drive :)

maybe i should drive a zc then compare.

Having said all of that i want to swap an engine LOL.

Chi
02-03-2005, 09:35 PM
WTF type one?!!

d16y is boring !!!

It just make a VTEC sound for teh VTi and no push.

Once u put in a B series in or drive one its much much much more fun.

KB
03-03-2005, 03:16 AM
Na fow real yo , SOHC VTEC chops ay.
Its off the hook, only badass tuners use D16 ay.

I choose EJ Coupe Vti Because for my budget it was a good compromise between power and looks. I could either affor an older civic that was fast, a new civic that was slow or a mid year civic that was medium. For real im badass yo.

-KB

type one
03-03-2005, 07:51 AM
what push? lets not get carried away with how vtec pushes you back in your seat and how it is off the hook power live yo.

Most average DC2R's run less than 100kw stock atfw... d16y is high 70's... b16 variants are somewhere in between...

i am merely pointing out for a 1.6L sohc vtec engine it ain't too shabby.

z3lda
03-03-2005, 10:27 AM
i've always wanted the gen3 preludes since i was young.
then i settled for the gen2 crx cuz it was an impluse buy -_- but i never regretted it. it was the bomb!!
then sold that crap and got a eg civic hatch. twas alright but nothing compared to the rex.
sold that slow pos and got the sol! tee hee ehe.. this car is much lower and feels faster then my previous cars. PLUS i cant be taxi! muahaha.

PhatSol
03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah sol for me too. My last car was mirage with a 2 seat conversion and a DOHC stroker motor. So the sol was a natural progression. Wanted something small, light, low, and had to be 2 seats. Also something with a good motor STOCK. I couldn't be bothered with another engine conversion. Plus the sol is really cute and the targa top.... :D

SINISTR
03-03-2005, 11:11 AM
what got me to buy my cars shape?

where do I start!!!?? LOL CRXs are the Shit!

i did have a AlfaRomeo 33 - and i Loved that too... plus it was hell loud!

SIKCVC
03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
what push? lets not get carried away with how vtec pushes you back in your seat and how it is off the hook power live yo.

Most average DC2R's run less than 100kw stock atfw... d16y is high 70's... b16 variants are somewhere in between...

I've owned a ZC and a b16a civic, and I can say with confidence that the b16a is 8200 times better. They make the same amount of power/torque through the band untill VTEC and the b16a continues to pull... this can also be seen when draging an equally modded VTi vs SiR civic. In fact because of the gearing the SiR will pull ahead from launch then after 5700 its all over... (thinks back to the good old days, funniest drag of my life beat the more heavily modded Vti by 6-7 car lengths)

PS me thinks the other driver sucked more than me + his chromies slowed him up just a little.

MrPlow
03-03-2005, 11:58 AM
got the vti-r hatch for power to weight ratio, and looks nuts dumped hard!!!!

nobbs
03-03-2005, 12:24 PM
type one: just to clarify something, the engine in my hatchback was NOT i repeat NOT VTEC!....it was just the d16y non vtec, so yeh the b16a craps all over it!

Mr. Focus
03-03-2005, 12:27 PM
']its a crx, nuff said :D

always loved crx's since i was little, no need for a 4 seater so yeah

as in the words of meatloaf "you took the words right outta my mouth!" and no, there was no kissing involved!!

|N|
03-03-2005, 01:31 PM
i m old and cant drive for shi!t

Civ_97
03-03-2005, 02:45 PM
i simply chose the sedan for room. use my boot all the time. just gotta look in it at the moment its full of golf clubs and footy boots and circket gear. next car will proly be a coupe though

LowCoupe
03-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Always liked EKs, never thought i'd buy one though.

Saw SCRAPN at Summernats 04 driving around Canberra, loved it! Got one as new daily when i got home to QLD.

LowCoupe
03-03-2005, 10:44 PM
plus I can take 4, 6 foot + male friends easily for a cruise with plenty of room, plus a big boot too.....4 door would be better, but 2 doors tuffer :D

edited due to wording that last sentence....sounded dodgy:(

SHWCARCIVIC
05-03-2005, 08:48 AM
I was sick of 2 doors, thats the reason I bought a 4 door.

SiR JDM
05-03-2005, 02:20 PM
EG hatch is the shiznit.. thats all i can say.. these things dumped with a lip scrapin the road as you cruise past... intimidating... street weapon.. love them

Q_ball
05-03-2005, 02:23 PM
IMO the dc2(R) style tegs are the meanest lookin of all the teg types...
sucha simple task to make em look a million bucks - jst drop em =)

vtecchie
05-03-2005, 04:24 PM
When i was buying i was actually after a hatch, but ended up with a coupe because it was too good a deal to pass.

Im so glad i ended up with a coupe now, i think the EJ8/EM1 shape is one of the nicest shapes around

|N|
06-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Im so glad i ended up with a coupe now, i think the EJ8/EM1 shape is one of the nicest shapes around

i dun have a coupe .. but i strongly agree

merr.
14-04-2005, 03:00 PM
i wanted a prelude, i didn't get it. So i settled for a civic. It just grew on me.

merr.
14-04-2005, 03:02 PM
but now i love it :D

SCRAPN
21-07-2005, 11:31 PM
ha ha i love inspiring others!
Always liked EKs, never thought i'd buy one though.

Saw SCRAPN at Summernats 04 driving around Canberra, loved it! Got one as new daily when i got home to QLD.

FloodSim
21-07-2005, 11:39 PM
I don't have any friends so i hatch is fine for me :thumbdwn: . Nah actually, living in a regional area there aint many civic's around for sale so i snapped up the first one i saw. Love my beasty little hatch.

00' coupe
22-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Coupe bcos der rare n look sexy... wen i was young bout 12 i loved d flat bak crx, den fell in love wit d prelude 92-96 shape (i think dats d year)... den fell head over heels for d sexiest honda of them all civic coupe...hahahaha

as u can c ive always been a honda boy... im not even asian...hahahaha

garett
22-07-2005, 10:35 AM
"like a shovel scraping up the road" is my eg hatch... i have allways wanted an eg and finally got one with everything i wanted.. just had to wait a few years from the first honda i had...

by the way that quote i have written up the top there was from some crazy old guy in mt gambier with white hair and heaps of stubble.. haha he said it about my old lude.

e240
22-07-2005, 11:00 AM
I have always liked the EG Hatch since it came out decades ago.

During that time, a friend (and Garage owner) had done one up using a
B18 Type R engine and I helped prepare the car for local races. It was a
damn quick car and could easily pull mildly modified WRXs.

Now that I'm very much older, and have just returned to Oz for good,
I thought why not just buy a cheap to car to play with. So I got
my hands on a VTi for 6K a couple of months ago and aranged an engine
swap. I've only gone for the B16A swap though.

The good news is, I'm collecting the car tomorrow. :-D

e240
22-07-2005, 11:06 AM

I agree, its not shabby at all...

I was playing with a new 2.0 Focus coming back from newcastle one night and could easily overtake the focus which kinda topped out at an indicated 180km/h. I topped out at an indicated 210km/h

Now all I had then was just a 200,000km D16Y1 :-D

So, yeah, the D16Y1 engine isn't too shabby an engine!

SHWCARCIVIC
22-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Always been a fan of Hondas and my previous ride was a hatch, so when I came across my civic I just had to have it :D

hoonda
22-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I had a worked RX impreza, but needed more power! But insurance factor meant it had to be NA- and nobody does that beter than Honda! Reasearched & planned long b4 buying, and decided on EG civic for cost, ease of transplant, plus i just liked the shape better.

SiReal
22-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Always wanted an EG hatch but we already had an EK1 sedan at home so thought...meh..what the hell..i'll take that...now i'm moving on to something else bigger and more powerful...hopefulyl within 2 months i'll be driving a maxima!! woot woot

kez13
22-07-2005, 12:27 PM
When im buying a car (I know this is going to sound VERY strange) but I always look at the "bum" (the boot) of the car. If its got a cute bum I will buy it.
I own a EG civic and a DELSOL crx....both very cute bums. I got the crx cause i was sick of being everyones taxi, so i decided on a 2 seater, solved that problem. Plus when i did want people in the back i got sick and tired of moving the seat forward all the time.
Hehehehehehe

Mr. Focus
22-07-2005, 12:43 PM
its a gen II CRX and they're sexy. no decision there! although, i am a huge fan of series 2 s14's also :D

Lukezen27
22-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Well I always wanted an EG Hatcb VTec but could only afford an ED hatch but I loved that little car anyway :D
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15742&highlight=lay+Civic

But times change and pays get bigger and bam!!! I got my EG5 VTec :thumbsup:

The bubble shape IMO is the best shape Honda ever made :p

And good power gains to be had with Stage 2 cam and so on a D16Y1 :wave:

Cheer’s Luke

turtleEK1
22-07-2005, 01:32 PM
EK1 sedan coz got it for a bargain at the time!! just have always been a fan of sedans, they've got a bulky toughness about them... didn't matter weather 4 door or coupe now... no rear interior!!! its like having an enclosed ute now...!

btw- thumbs up for the d16y!! SOHC all the way!!

tommi
22-07-2005, 10:13 PM
I always liked the eg hatches, but all my friends at the time had 2 doors and it was such a pain in the ass having to climb around the front seats when ur pissed so i bought a sedan, heaps more convenient, it's only a GLi tho, but it kicks my friends lancers so it's all good haha

CIVIX
22-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I had a R33 Gtst, until a lady helped write it off for me...plus the insurance on it was a killer...so i decided to go for something smaller, cheaper on the insurance, looked good done up and had potential for future engine mods. So i bought an EK...

mugeneration
23-07-2005, 03:24 PM
to tell the truth when i got my car i didnt really care, i just wanted a car. At the time in my area there was either a silver hatch, or a white sedan. The hatch's engine was making funny noises when we took it for a test drive so i got the sedan. After a while i found out how sexy civics could be and fell in love with other hondas too. Now i either want a coupe or an s2k. Prolly end up with the coupe coz s2ks are pricey, and coupe has a bit more space to move inside.

Terry
23-07-2005, 07:12 PM
i'd get the V6 Accord Coupe' if they available here:D

mini_s2000
23-07-2005, 08:07 PM
lots of performance options available!

jdmlvn
23-07-2005, 09:01 PM
coupes are tough lookoin?? woah..

DOHCTR Coopz!
23-07-2005, 10:15 PM
love all the hondas.. furthermore i chose the coupe because its a smoothe, bad, sexy muthaF! "from the first moment i layed sight on u.. i've been continuously erected!!"

civlowwer
23-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Ek1 sedan, looks tough slammed with big rims and dark tint and of course black paint, the only down side is the engine D16Y4 sucks balls, drop a B16a and then u have a sleeper, parts are easy to find on the net. i want a b16a :(

roar
24-07-2005, 02:08 PM
my first car was an ek1 sedan and like i've always thought that i hated that car, but after i sold it, i realised that it was such a fun car!

progressed to a DC2 and was very happy but spun out into the side of a cliff and almost killed myself =/

after swearing to get a shitbox with padded walls, i bought an EK4 hatch with ricer looks (civic type r kit/powdercoated black wheels) and some suspension

so far, its been great, just need a little more power =)

Lyle_Style
24-07-2005, 08:36 PM
hatches are for chix

e240
24-07-2005, 08:55 PM
hatches are for chix

Yes..and I bought my civic for my wife...seriously... :D

rakfint
27-07-2005, 04:55 PM
I went the hatch coz I like to feel 'in control' of the car.. and the hatch has less behind my back seat then a sedan.. was considering a crx for two less seats and even less car behind me...

i love corners.. :)

JEZ83L
27-07-2005, 09:58 PM
coupe... two seats... less people to drop off after a big night, GOLDEN!

jackosimm
27-07-2005, 10:02 PM
coupe... two seats... less people to drop off after a big night, GOLDEN!

I like your thinking....very clever indeed

Usual Suspect
27-07-2005, 10:19 PM
i just love the look of my accord hatch, not to many on the streets and with money it has potential lol. My grandpa used to have a rover quintet which was a 4door hatch version of my car and i used to love the thing, but i always wanted a 2 door, perfect compromise really. Now if only i had known more about the generations i would have got a 3rd instead of 2nd, just oo many suspension issues when u lower my car.

PAPZ
30-07-2005, 02:23 PM
EK hatch, good fun, small, compact, and good looks, has got potential out on the track, and the weight is good once its all stripped =o)

_CiVIC_
30-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I was handed down my EK sedan.. Haven't enjoyed it one bit.. it looked alright with the rims and lowered, but now im happy with my TypeS that has also been handed down to meee :D:D:D

Snoop_gee
31-07-2005, 07:45 AM
:idea: This 1 is gonna be a long.. apologies to some who read this.

Where do i start. I was never into cars didn't know much about em and basically didn't care. Until i got into uni when friends influence and they started asking whats your favourite car Gee? And i use to come up with something typical stupid and name an unrealistic unafforable exotic supercar . And then they use to go nah realli..what do u like? And i didnt have a clue:confused:

Moving on from that..... at the time my main had been computers and the technologies that go with it. And during that time which is the year 2000 i was an addicted for a well known computer game "Counter-strike" . I use to wag/jig uni classes to be at some netcafe paying at that time big bucks to play the game . One of the singaporean guys name Li in ma class said ey man why not do some exam revision @ ma place and u can play free CS @ ma place on the broadband i got.
Now who wouldn't pass an opportunity like that!!!!
So @ the uni car park we were and i started guessing the car that this dude owned. Is it this 1? Is it that 1? Anything that basically looked flash which in my terms mean't rims, popup lights , big exhaust as u can tell i had no clue whats so ever.
Until we came to this small white thing.All you honda brothers and sisters take 1 good guess ....yes my Vtec and no Vtec friends it was a

:star:CRX:star:

sure it didnt have all the flash things i expected but it was a nice clean and tight ride.Looking back @ it now it was dead stock. hhehe Had a quick look around the outside , it's a type of car which i considered very cool and funky:cool: .It had everything i reackon some young person would need.Well it was in my case anyways

1. 1.6L engine so fuel economy must be thumbs up:thumbsup: there (with the commowhore we got in the family i understood @ a very early age of wat fuel is with cars)
2. 2 seater so stuff being a taxi to others so that can relate back up to fuel economy on point number 1 hehe
3. and the shape it wasn't a gay :p hatchback like the civics i've seen. It had this wedge like rear end to it. I love the ass of the CRX :love: daymn thats hott.
Eminems new song - i've never seen an ass like that I don't like eminem but i thought to use this as to point out an ilustration on shape.

Soon as i sat in it, i'm like daymn this is pretty daymn low My parents own commowhores thats the way it has been for 10years or so. The change itself from this big boat feel to cars to something small :wave: ,lite and zip is wat i like about it . Plus if i wanna realli take a few of the bro's and some ladies out. I can leave the small zip ride @ home and take the old car for the nite anyways. Wat can i say having the best of both worlds.

Maybe it was the driver but he was a pysco :eek: driver. Turning and accelerating out corners, braking hard and late right up next to the cars in front, quick shifting thru all the gears from stand still . And i was love'n it i began to ask em all the questions from there on What type of engine is it? Make and model? How much?Where was it orginally made? :honda:

Then that nite when i went home i started doing research on the net on this particular "THANG" that i had been so facinated about .From then on i was looking on street and i couldn't find em:wave: as often as the civics . And that was the best thing ever i reackon. That they r so rare:wave: i would get so excited when i saw 1 , i would point at it and tell ma friends when i did. Kinda like a lil kid at some circus.Mommy mommy have a look at that

Me being who i am i like to be different and the choice to get a crx was ideal for me . Something that is rare has the shape that makes some1 like me go goo goo ga ga.

Previously i owned a Generation 1 CRX had done a lil bit of modifying sold it :( and bought myself a Generation 2 CRX And i got to admit i am amazed hw fun and cool :cool: they r too drive. What could be next a Generation 3 CRX perhaps. Who knows ey?

Alot of people have been saying recently man the money you have been spending on ur crx u could of got something quicker and newer. But to me it's never about speed :thumbdwn: or that of a new car. I had been growing up with new cars straight off the :star:showroom:star: . To be honest its a lil boring i wanted to go into teh garage have a bit of a tinker get ma hands dirty and understand more. And this car does just that.cause i like to fiddle alot

A crx is a decision you make cause you so want that bad that no other car will do. In some cases age(K's on the clock), insurance , not to mention few other things like high price tag for an old car are the usual dramas that may hinder your decision to own a crx. But if you got a dream, a vision and the determination you will own one yourself.....

:idea: For more CRX information,pics,cruises and more
visit www.crxaustralia.com (http://www.crxaustralia.com/)

i can't believe i had to delete so many smiles to make sure this daymn thing posts. Admin next time u think u could display around how many similies will make a post work in the error messages.

Lukezen27
31-07-2005, 06:20 PM
So what your saying is, you vote for CRX?

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

fusion_VTi
31-07-2005, 09:57 PM
i've always wnated an EG since i was a kid. i originally had a deposit on an accord vti but i backed out when the EG came up. I'd go for an EG hatch and boost the ****er man!

DannyB
02-08-2005, 11:33 AM
I bought an ek cxi with conversion plans way down the track but i got the hatch cause i'm a sucker for a sexy arse!!!
I used to own a Honda City ... and i decided to stick with honda ...so it was a decent upgrade for me...... thankyou for listening heheh

Felix
03-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Snoop Gee, that made me Cry.

Snoop_gee
19-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Snoop Gee, that made me Cry.

thanx for ur sarcasim

BSRacer
19-08-2005, 05:31 PM
I feel ya Gee. CRX all the way.

nexace
19-08-2005, 05:50 PM
I wanted an Accord Coupe but didn't want to move to the States. So I settled for the smaller version; Civic Coupe. And it was just a new release so it wasn't something that was common.