PDA

View Full Version : XForce Header for CL9

mrgu
04-04-2012, 10:35 PM
hi all , come across this one on ebay. apprently doesn't need test pipe or anything like that..cos it's not shortened and was made for accord euro CL9

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xforce-SS-4-2-1-Headers-Honda-Accord-Euro-CL9-k24-DOHC-Vtec-/220877915413?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item336d598515

any ideas>>?????compare to other ones.. DC or Weapon R

help!!!
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh517/kelva567/HS-EURO.jpg

MingZai
04-04-2012, 11:46 PM
I think XFORCE and DC is the same thing... (well one is copied off the other... can't remember someone will have to correct me *cough fred*

Don't know too much about USDM headers haha but I can tell you this...

At that price... get the Weapon R Header...
It is an amazing header and beautiful haha mine is like blue now :P

The Weapon R design and air flow is really good and provides more gain compared to the other Top Speed Headers...
http://i.imgur.com/07wGn.jpg
Top Speed Headers
http://i.imgur.com/yZEET.jpg
WEAPON R HEADERS

I would imagine XFORCE, DC AND TOPSPEED will be quite similar since I think they are more USDM design whereas the Weapon R is more JDM despite it being an American company...

blahh last sentence was more of a guess so don't take it as factual.. just trying to help :P

mrgu
05-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks Mingzai .very helpful info. but with weapon r . u need a test pipe thingie right?..whilist xforce is local made extractor which is a direct swap..

MingZai
05-04-2012, 12:30 AM
Well I can't remember if you can use the stock cat pipe (don't think you can) but I guess you can weld the stock cat pipe to the Weapon R Test pipe which is what I did... so...

------- = TEST PIPE

===== = CAT CONVERTER

--==-- = TEST PIPE / CAT combo

:)

Fredoops
05-04-2012, 12:56 AM
I think XFORCE and DC is the same thing... (well one is copied off the other... can't remember someone will have to correct me *cough fred*

Don't know too much about USDM headers haha but I can tell you this...

At that price... get the Weapon R Header...
It is an amazing header and beautiful haha mine is like blue now :P

The Weapon R design and air flow is really good and provides more gain compared to the other Top Speed Headers...

Top Speed Headers
http://i.imgur.com/yZEET.jpg
WEAPON R HEADERS

I would imagine XFORCE, DC AND TOPSPEED will be quite similar since I think they are more USDM design whereas the Weapon R is more JDM despite it being an American company...

blahh last sentence was more of a guess so don't take it as factual.. just trying to help :P

Weapon R = JDM...
ROFL dont make me laugh.

AHEM. Xforce is like OBX (pretty sure they are made by the same people, in China) which is like Topspeed(made in taiwain).... they are all DC sports ceramic coated ripoffs (DC Sport = AEM btw). All have weak flex pipe.

Hytech = the ultimate in USDM headers, race header (ie: does NOT bolt onto OEM cat) requires cutting of both test pipe and catback... one of the highest gain header around for the CL9
PLM = Hytech copy ,race header (ie: does NOT bolt onto OEM cat) see above, similar price to WP-R, but more cut/welding required.
Weapon R = J's copy, race header (ie: does NOT bolt onto OEM cat) require special cut and welding to have a CAT fitted onto a test pipe. Similar output to Hytech (slightly less on the top end due to shorter runners compared to the PLM/Hytech), cheaper than hytech
Xforce/OBX/Topspeed/DC sports = Street header (fits onto OEM cat, not that you'd want to...). less power gain than race headers
Comptech/CT-Engineering = Street header (fits onto OEM cat, not that you'd want to...). DC Sports in Stainless steel but 1 piece (no mid section joint), slightly more power than DC as a result, less power gain than race headers

mrgu
05-04-2012, 01:11 AM
So Fred do u recommend xforce or not really? I want something easy bolt onto cat

MingZai
05-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Weapon R = JDM...
ROFL dont make me laugh.

AHEM. Xforce is like OBX (pretty sure they are made by the same people, in China) which is like Topspeed(made in taiwain).... they are all DC sports ceramic coated ripoffs (DC Sport = AEM btw). All have weak flex pipe.

i dislike your tone >=[

I said Weapon R is JDM in regards to the HEADER due to it being a copy of a JDM company thus the designs are essentially JDM if you catch my drift.

The product not the company itself...

You should expect that I would have SOME knowledge on the company ==.

Yes MrGu Weapon R is USDM

Phorist
05-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Isn't xforce an Australian company?

ergot
05-04-2012, 05:36 AM
just go with J's Racing!

Fredoops
05-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Isn't xforce an Australian company?

Doesn't mean it's made here.

I said Weapon R is JDM in regards to the HEADER due to it being a copy of a JDM company thus the designs are essentially JDM if you catch my drift.

Just messin with you :-P

cris
05-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I got a set of xforce and a outlaw euro 4 200cel high flow cat installed 2weeks ago. Can't fault it. Deffinatly impoved performance. Think I paid 900 all up supply and fit, as they r a direct bolt in header.

I as going to go weapon r but couldn't justify the money for shipping. Each to their own tho. I'm happy with xforce so far

felixd
05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
i Say Feels headers .

MingZai
06-04-2012, 02:09 AM
what have you done in your car atm :P fellixxx

axispower
27-05-2013, 05:06 PM
just checking if anyone else has the XForce headers? And what do you think of them?

Fredoops
27-05-2013, 07:01 PM
just checking if anyone else has the XForce headers? And what do you think of them?

You'd be utterly mad if you pay RRP for a set of Xforce (almost $500 i remembered) over Weapon R or even PLM.

If you really want cheap go for either:

eBay special J2
or
eBay special TopSpeed headers
or
eBay special M2 stainless steel headers

both are the same design as X-force, probably made by the same Chinese factory as well....

EDIT;
noticed your euro is pre-facelift, in which cause you might wanna start with a high flow cat converter.

EDIT2.

I think someone here's stilling a Comptech header as well (good quality), check the parts section.

axispower
27-05-2013, 07:25 PM
^I would also prefer an easy bolt on to the cat. From what I've remember of your previous post in this thread the ones you mentioned just then require cuts and welds etc.? Correct me if I'm wrong though, I didn't take much in as I'm studying for an exam right now, but getting distracted.

Yeah I also looked at the XForce hi flow cat converters but if you can point me to a better option (price wise and quality wise) I'd appreciate it.

Fredoops
27-05-2013, 07:27 PM
^I would also prefer an easy bolt on to the cat. From what I've remember of your previous post in this thread the ones you mentioned just then require cuts and welds etc.? Correct me if I'm wrong though, I didn't take much in as I'm studying for an exam right now, but getting distracted.

Yeah I also looked at the XForce hi flow cat converters but if you can point me to a better option (price wise and quality wise) I'd appreciate it.

The one's I mentioned all are direct bolt-on's to factory cat (3 point flange) so they're all easy to do.

But I'd recommand you to do a bit more research

Because a street (3 point flange) header would mean you need to buy a aftermarket cat thats on a test pipe.
which can cost up to $400 bucks (from heeltoe autos in US)

So your $400 dollar header just became $800 header + cat.

on the other hand, IIRC the Weapon R headers ($600 shipped) comes with a test pipe, means you just have to get a metal/ceramic cat welded on (cut and shut job, doesnt cost much at all), a metal/cermaic cat itself w/o test pipe less less than $150 sourced locally.

So you could either have a mediocre header + cat on testpipe for $800 together
or
A race header (Weapon R) with testpipe + Metal cat + welding for almost the same cost

No brainer really, because you'd be mad to run a header on a pre-facelift 900 cell cat, it's gonna choke the thing.

axispower
27-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I see I see. Thanks for explaining.

axispower
27-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Btw I've never seen your CL9. Any pics?

Fredoops
28-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Btw I've never seen your CL9. Any pics?
outside is pure stock

nothing to look at, except a EUDM type S (euro R with chrome strip) grill

mrgu
28-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Fred stays low profile.. Hehe...

Fredoops
28-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Fred stays low profile.. Hehe...

Insurance considerations...

And I'm cheap.

hanzzi
28-05-2013, 08:10 AM
The second mod i done after CAI was a Weapon R header and welded a 100 cell cat and the improvements were very noticeble. After buying the header and cat from memory it cost me $250 for welding and installation.

A month down the track i then got my 2.5 Cat back exhaust. which cost me a bit.

If i were to do it again i would save up enough money for PLM header with cat and 2.5 cat back exhaust at the same time. With PLM there is a little more HP to gain and since your going to get a catback exhaust the stock exhaust will be getting cut anyway.

aaronng
28-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Xforce header is the same as Topspeed but with an Xforce badge welded on. Same issues with flex pipe cracking and the gasket burning through. You do get better support from Xforce than from buying online. They fixed my header underwarranty. If you can get it for a good price, the dollar/kW ratio is great but it is no match for the other headers in kW gain.

axispower
28-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Interdadesting.

Under what conditions does a flex pipe crack and the gasket burn? Is it something bound to happen if I change the headers?

(sorry if its a stupid question)

axispower
29-05-2013, 04:01 PM
I got a set of xforce and a outlaw euro 4 200cel high flow cat installed 2weeks ago. Can't fault it. Deffinatly impoved performance. Think I paid 900 all up supply and fit, as they r a direct bolt in header.

I as going to go weapon r but couldn't justify the money for shipping. Each to their own tho. I'm happy with xforce so far

Did you get a choone after?

aaronng
29-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Interdadesting.

Under what conditions does a flex pipe crack and the gasket burn? Is it something bound to happen if I change the headers?

(sorry if its a stupid question)
It will eventually crack. The flex pipe is the accordion style. It's different to the flex pipes used in the Feels/Maxim headers which are the braided double wall flex pipes. When they replaced the flex pipe by cutting it off and replacing it under warranty, they used the braided type.

The gasket burns through because the flange is not perfectly flat. So there is a tiny gap even if you tighten it all up and even use copper gasket sealant! When they replaced my flex pipe, I asked them to flatten the flange as well, which they did through grinding.

axispower
29-05-2013, 06:57 PM
It will eventually crack. The flex pipe is the accordion style. It's different to the flex pipes used in the Feels/Maxim headers which are the braided double wall flex pipes. When they replaced the flex pipe by cutting it off and replacing it under warranty, they used the braided type.

The gasket burns through because the flange is not perfectly flat. So there is a tiny gap even if you tighten it all up and even use copper gasket sealant! When they replaced my flex pipe, I asked them to flatten the flange as well, which they did through grinding.

Ok so just to be clear- if I get the XForce headers which are apparently specifically made for the CL9 (but don't fit properly??) this will happen?

I was thinking of getting the XForce headers and the Random Technology high flow cat converter here:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/random-technology-bolt-in-hight-flow-metallic-converter-2004-2008-2.4l-tsx-accord-cl9.html?productid=63557

I want something I can take to my family friend mechanic and say "put this shit on" (without saying please) and then he can put it on properly without any hassles and extras and without me having to return to get it fixed up or anything?

Is that naive to ask?

Fredoops
29-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Ok so just to be clear- if I get the XForce headers which are apparently specifically made for the CL9 (but don't fit properly??) this will happen?

Xforce headers is not made or designed by XForce. it's made by a Chinese wholesaler, and it's a rip off of the DC sports header for the Acura TSX.

The flex pipe will all fail, it's just whether it's within warranty (lucky) or outside warranty ($100 repair job).

I was thinking of getting the XForce headers and the Random Technology high flow cat converter here:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/random-technology-bolt-in-hight-flow-metallic-converter-2004-2008-2.4l-tsx-accord-cl9.html?productid=63557

Same setup as what I'm running currently (i got the original DC headers tho) then.

Expect i got my shit dirt cheap and flex pipe replaced already with double braided reinforced flex pipe

Buying both brand new is not an economical choice.

A weapon R header with a metal cat would not cost much more and would make more power.

I want something I can take to my family friend mechanic and say "put this shit on" (without saying please) and then he can put it on properly without any hassles and extras and without me having to return to get it fixed up or anything?
You'll eventually have to return to an exhaust shop for flex pipe replacement, which is a cut and weld job.

Is that naive to ask?
slightly :-P

axispower
29-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Thank you very much for clearing all that up for me^

Reps.