PDA

View Full Version : Cl9 ecu reflash

Ando.L
06-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey guys where can i get an ecu reflash in sydney?

Ive found revzone.com.au but their in VIC :(

Fredoops
06-04-2012, 04:27 PM
no reflash per-se

Jtune has a reflash for $1500 which is just a hondata reflash (retails for $299 in the states...)

there were talks of buying a USDM Acura TSX ECU and then get that reflashed, install into euro, then go to honda dealer for immobilizer re-calibration.
But you'll get some Check engine lights tho, unless Hondata is willing to turn off some codes, also no one is yet to do this in Australia

else you'll look at piggybacking with a Greddy/Haltech

another way is to buy a USDM Acura TSX ecu, buy Hondata Flashpro, then do it. cost you over $1000 tho, no one is yet to do this in Australia

MingZai
06-04-2012, 06:26 PM
BTW fred I might be getting Hondata Reflash... but will you be willing to use it after me?

Fredoops
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
BTW fred I might be getting Hondata Reflash... but will you be willing to use it after me?

So how you went first.... you need to get Hondata to turn off a few Cel codes to make it work...

MingZai
06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
You mean to see how it goes first?

What if the cel codes don't get turned off? You only get an error in your console isn't it...

Can Honda turn them off?

Fredoops
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
You mean to see how it goes first?

What if the cel codes don't get turned off? You only get an error in your console isn't it...

Can Honda turn them off?

No honda cant turn them off, unbless they reflash the ECU back to OEM spec....
back track my old posts, you'll see the 3 cel's you get from the reflash, they need to be turned off.

adis
06-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey guys where can i get an ecu reflash in sydney?

Ive found revzone.com.au but their in VIC :(
If you want to tune your car go with something like greddy ultimate. Everything else is a big stuff around and not worth unless you might turbo charge it

marquee
06-04-2012, 08:34 PM
If flashpro works use that. I regret not giving a go before I sold my car

Fredoops
06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
stupid question....

People car "share" flashpro cant they.

they just have to have their own ECU...

marquee
06-04-2012, 09:31 PM
stupid question....

People car "share" flashpro cant they.

they just have to have their own ECU...

Nah before it can be used in another car the old ecu has to be flashed to back to stock

Fredoops
06-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Nah before it can be used in another car the old ecu has to be flashed to back to stock
no no, i meant 'sharing' the flashpro tool, each car have own ECU

marquee
06-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Yer I know what you mean. Flashpro reads the ecu and won't work on another ecu unfilled it knows the old ecu has been flashed back to stock.

That's how they make everyone buy it

MingZai
07-04-2012, 04:21 PM
No honda cant turn them off, unbless they reflash the ECU back to OEM spec....
back track my old posts, you'll see the 3 cel's you get from the reflash, they need to be turned off.

yeah okay but who cares if it stays on... wont afect your driving anyway...

or does it? ANYWAY ill be getting Hondata reflash and test it but thing is ill be getting a new car soon next year need to see if anyone will follow up with it meaning use it.

Fredoops
07-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Well, it's more of a safety thing, if there is a way for you to check what CEL's are poping in real time then it should be okay.

Otherwise... Well let's just say I won't want to driving around with a CEL unless I know what CEL it is.

MingZai
08-04-2012, 02:30 AM
Yeah well if your car currently has no cells me and you both know what cell is popping up due to the swap of the ecu.. haha or u can check every service at Honda dealership or workshop....

OR you can purchase an inexpensive OBD2 scan tool which will tell you what CELS are poping up in real time...