PDA

View Full Version : HELP: PEDDERS SPRINGS AND AUSTRALIAS BEST

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 05:34 PM
I called Australia's Best in Roselands today for a quote on lowering my civic coupe and they told me that it would cost 450 bucks (parts + labour incl.) to drop it 3 inches.

Anyone here got pedders springs? Or anyone dealt with Australia's Best? I just wanna get some opinions if i'll be making a mistake when i hand my money over to these fellas..

THANKS!

[[d a n n y]]
21-12-2003, 05:53 PM
buy ur own and fit em in ur self

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 06:15 PM
What kind of tools do i need for that?

Rufes1
21-12-2003, 10:08 PM
I wouldnt recommend it.. Its not that hard but can be rather dangerous when compressing the springs, epscially if u use cheap compressors...

Ring KMAC. at kograh... they should be fairly cheap and they custom make all their springs. I wouldnt touch pedders if my life depended on it.

If not kmac also ring Roadholder Suspension.

But yeh kmac would be my first choice. They did mine and I have no regrets.

Hope this helps.

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks Rufes1. Ill ring KMAC and Roadholder suspension tomorrow..

How much lower is ur car now..? And how much did it cost yah?

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Oh BTW.. whats wrong with pedders?

Chi
21-12-2003, 10:15 PM
no bull mate

mo
21-12-2003, 10:17 PM
I wouldnt recommend it.. Its not that hard but can be rather dangerous when compressing the springs, epscially if u use cheap compressors...

Ring KMAC. at kograh... they should be fairly cheap and they custom make all their springs. I wouldnt touch pedders if my life depended on it.

If not kmac also ring Roadholder Suspension.

But yeh kmac would be my first choice. They did mine and I have no regrets.

Hope this helps.

What makes you think that Pedders are a piece of ****? Have you got evidence to back up what you are saying?

CivicCoupe
Hey chi what suspension u usin?

mo
Hey chi what suspension u usin?

Lol he told us he doesn't know what mods he has...

Chi
21-12-2003, 10:18 PM
theyre kmacs u fool !

mo
21-12-2003, 10:19 PM
theyre kmacs u fool !

But you told us at korean bbq that you don't know what mods you have and you let your friends (who supposedly know) mod you car??

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 10:19 PM
R dey any good man? How low issit at the moment..?

I've just had a look for K-mac at their website.. Its the one in Rockdale now issit?

Chi
21-12-2003, 10:20 PM
I said i didnt know how much he dumped it...

mo
21-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Doesn't seem like your on a budget from your first post! Why don't you go coilovers or something? :D

bennjamin
21-12-2003, 10:21 PM
]]buy ur own and fit em in ur self

Not everyone has a big beefy Finnish friend to compress ur srpings for u , Danny son :P

Chi
21-12-2003, 10:21 PM
Doesn't seem like your on a budget from your first post! Why don't you go coilovers or something? :D

saving for a house .........

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Anyway.. wats wrong with pedders agen?

mo
21-12-2003, 10:23 PM
Anyway.. wats wrong with pedders agen?

I want to know too :P

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 10:23 PM

Nahh i dun wanna spend to much on the car.. LOL

is 450 expensive issit? I thought i was gettin a good deal

Chi
21-12-2003, 10:24 PM
You know too much for a 10 yr old....

mo
21-12-2003, 10:30 PM

It sounds expensive...I've seen Kmacs fitted for like $320 or even less i think. I kind of forgot!! I reckon you should call up more places and see what deals they can do for you

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Has anyone on these forums got pedders?

CivicCoupe
21-12-2003, 10:32 PM

It sounds expensive...I've seen Kmacs fitted for like $320 or even less i think. I kind of forgot!! I reckon you should call up more places and see what deals they can do for you

I looked up K-Macs in white pages.. Sez located in Rockdale, this the same one u went to?

joneblaze
21-12-2003, 10:38 PM
CivicCoupe,

Hanson (Civic Si) on these forums can source some branded suspension parts...here's the link for his thread:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1242&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=15

If you're willing to spend around $400-500ish you can probably get your hands on a set of Eibach springs, which are apparently quite good, even if you're only going to opt for the "halfassed" route of lowered springs on standard shocks.
I believe there's nothing REALLY wrong with Pedders... just that it's an AUssie type brand, and prolly since it's not Jap or US branded and normally associated with aftermarket modification to Hondas.... i think there was a thread floating around here concerning Pedders.... do a quick search and have a read. :)

mo
21-12-2003, 10:46 PM

I know "7th Gen" on these forums "had" Pedders Springs but he said he took them off because they lowered his car by soo much it was scrapping the ground really easily..

Rufes1
21-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Theres not that much really wrong with the pedders brand springs... (nb. shocks not included) its the service that some of my mates have had really bad experience with...

Like who wants their car to come out with positive camber when they put it in to be lowered and get new struts.

mo: Why else would i not reccomend pedders. Just for the sake of it.. :roll:

Pedders as with munroe shocks i would not use. If I had the money I would get Koni's however kyb's are a nice comprimise atm.

I rang 5ish + places for quotes on my suspension setup and kmac was the cheapest and provided the best service.

If you car is relatively new there isnt really a need to change ur current shocks if u are just going for the looks. However, the different spring rate is likely to wear your current stock ones quicker. So you will more than likely have to replace them in the future.

If you want handling over just looks then do it all in one hit..

But yeh... Ring around! :)

Calvo
21-12-2003, 11:22 PM
actually if u can really be bothered, theres a site about the running of the company Peddar's, which is a true case that is currently in court i believe (im pretty naive to :D).
i cbf findin it, but if u read it, im sure u wont use peddars ever...

A'PEXi
22-12-2003, 12:30 AM
450 seems like an ok price dude... if it includes springs, fitting, balancing etc... i dont think you will find a place which can do them for cheaper... unless you install them yourself or something..

luzinit
22-12-2003, 01:27 AM
another member 'ton32z' on here, has pedders lowering suspension on EK civic,, was about 550 all up i think :) so ur price is pretty decent for pedders.

i'd go for eibach springs tho if i wanted to lower my car on springs only.

poid
22-12-2003, 08:31 AM
i use and recommend Kmac (yes they are in rockdale), not just for their springs but for their service and support as well.

The springs retail for $330, and can be made to any height and stiffness you want

Anyway for comparison, a mate of mine uses pedders springs on his prelude, but its only for a 30mm drop (so bugger all basically). They are OK, but for the money i would get some Kmacs instead simply because i know i will get what i want

CivicCoupe
22-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks for all your input guys,

I just rang K-Mac suspension then and quoted me $550 for parts + labour, plus if i want shocks i needed an extra $880..

From what i've heard on this thread though, it sounds like payin the extra 100 bucks will be worth it.. I'd rather pay a little more than run into trouble by tryin to be a cheap kunt

OLM-02R
22-12-2003, 12:12 PM
get jap brand springs....good for track sessions and you can choose the stiffness as well.....i'm using kg/mm DR-Racing spring and GAB adjustable damper shocks.....most jap springs cost around $440ish to $700ish max....depends on which brand u get....

PIN01S
22-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey guys.... i have pedders lowered springs on my accord and so far no probs... but i got told not to get pedders shocks tho... my friends say that pedders springs are alright but the shocks are not worth the price...

CivicCoupe
22-12-2003, 03:40 PM
Hey pino1s,

how low is ur car? and what kinda car u got btw..

Rufes1
22-12-2003, 10:44 PM
im sure pedders can coil a spring just as good as the next company. However shocks differ greatly between brand and types. And you really do get what you pay for.

Setanta
23-12-2003, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't touch Peddars with a barge pole. Their shocks are next to useless from my experiences over the years. Whiteline is much more reputable.

slowcrx
24-12-2003, 03:00 AM
From what I've heard, Pedders just rebadge Monroe shocks...in terms of quality I guess they're ok but if you're looking for improvements over stock it's gonna be shit f all ;)

7th Gen
28-12-2003, 03:47 PM

I know "7th Gen" on these forums "had" Pedders Springs but he said he took them off because they lowered his car by soo much it was scrapping the ground really easily..

correct - i found i couldn't live with the ride quality (i.e. very firm) and going up driveways etc was a pain...........so back to 16s (+2) rims on standard suspension

does anyone else have this setup? i want to know what other people think........really considering going back to 14s or just +1 with 15s......