PDA

View Full Version : NSW Did not run the light. Flashed what's the go?

DakDak
09-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Hello gents,

First I did a search and secondly this is soley because I just want to know whats the go/ peoples experiences. Not out for no sympathy or bs.

Tonight I went for a quick drive. Was on the cumberland hwy cabramatta rd intersection and wanted to turn right down cabra rd from the bp there. There is a safety camera there. It was rainy and I mis judged my coming to a halt. Went over the first line but stopped way before the second line. The light was red to turn right but green for straight. As I stopped it flashed twice. I was prey much stationery.

Is that an offence? And what us the penalty?

Bludger
09-04-2012, 12:37 AM
probably get a ticket in the mail.

bad luck i guess.

senna
09-04-2012, 12:41 AM
If you stopped before going into the intersection proper the second photo will show that, so you may be lucky here.

duzy
09-04-2012, 01:14 AM
You should be safe, i hear that your rear wheels must pass the last line completely before it becomes an offense (someone correct me if im wrong). If you do get a fine, request a picture of the offense.
My mate got done for running the yellow, yea stupid him, but when he requested a pic, it clearly showed his last wheel still on the last line. In this situation the car must pass the 3 lines completely before the camera goes off, its got something to do with the sensors on the road placed farther back from the lines, clearly the rta's ****up

He told me he sent them a letter stating this but in reply he got something technical about how the sensors are placed and how they work etc, but clearly he was in the safe as the rules state you must pass the last line, or so i was told.

That safety cam is a joke and i reckon its programed way earlier. Its constantly going off like every 10-15mins

DakDak
09-04-2012, 09:15 AM
probably get a ticket in the mail.

bad luck i guess. Im hoping not. But if I do it shouldn't bee the full penalty. I didn't even run the light. But then again alot of dumb stuff goes on with nsw roads.

If you stopped before going into the intersection proper the second photo will show that, so you may be lucky here. hopefully whoever overseas the while thing realises that too.

You should be safe, i hear that your rear wheels must pass the last line completely before it becomes an offense (someone correct me if im wrong). If you do get a fine, request a picture of the offense.
My mate got done for running the yellow, yea stupid him, but when he requested a pic, it clearly showed his last wheel still on the last line. In this situation the car must pass the 3 lines completely before the camera goes off, its got something to do with the sensors on the road placed farther back from the lines, clearly the rta's ****up

He told me he sent them a letter stating this but in reply he got something technical about how the sensors are placed and how they work etc, but clearly he was in the safe as the rules state you must pass the last line, or so i was told.

That safety cam is a joke and i reckon its programed way earlier. Its constantly going off like every 10-15mins

So your mate had sufficient reasons for them to just drop it?

Thanks for,all input. Im waiting out for someone who's done the same thing to tell me whats, the go. Im going to xall them but it's,a public holiday.

XB-16-AX
09-04-2012, 09:22 AM
DakDak.

Your safe mate.

Itll be someone else who may have caused the offence or the safety cam is doing a self test.

I have seen a safety cam once that kept flashing for no obvious reasons.

If u get a tix in the mail, just appeal it just like every1 else does.

EG52NV
09-04-2012, 09:44 AM
First shot is to take a photo of your car triggering the sensor, second is to make sure car has actually moved through the intersection on red, if car has not changed positions between the first and second photos how do they prove you were actually running the light you car could have simply broke down at that very position and then lights turned red and snap snap, that don't mean you ran the red. When my mate for a fine for running a red they sent him 2 photos one of the car crossing the line and one of the car continuing though the intersection, that is how they prove you ran it. If car is stationary in the 2 photos they car prove you were running a light coz vehicle speed would be zero km/h

EG52NV
09-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Excuse my terrible iPhone auto correct but I think you get what I mean

DakDak
09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
DakDak.

Your safe mate.

Itll be someone else who may have caused the offence or the safety cam is doing a self test.

I have seen a safety cam once that kept flashing for no obvious reasons.

If u get a tix in the mail, just appeal it just like every1 else does.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Excuse my terrible iPhone auto correct but I think you get what I mean

No worries man I get you, cheers. So the gist of it is if I do get booked it wont be for running the red light.
So I think the worst is they make up something silly to pin me. As long as it wasnt for running the red cause I didnt.

tiksie
09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I saw that flash! xD

Same thing happened to my uncle, but he got a ticket and appealed it and lost the appeal.

Just wait I guess.

DakDak
09-04-2012, 09:27 PM
I saw that flash! xD

Same thing happened to my uncle, but he got a ticket and appealed it and lost the appeal.

Just wait I guess.

Sweet you can be my witness in court. XD

Did your uncle get slapped with running a red light? Or was it under something else?

90LAN
09-04-2012, 09:55 PM
its at the descretion of the examining police officer when he reviews the photos
the law states you have to stop before the line not over it
you can interpret that law out yourself

in saying that most of the time you will get off on a technicality
be real bad luck if they give you a fine

duzy
13-04-2012, 10:18 PM
So your mate had sufficient reasons for them to just drop it?

Thanks for,all input. Im waiting out for someone who's done the same thing to tell me whats, the go. Im going to xall them but it's,a public holiday.

Nah he didnt bother appealing it, dont know why, i guess he doesnt want to go through the trouble even though he put the time and effort into researching.

WATAJK
14-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Feel free to watch this as NSW and VIC follow the same principles.
If a fine comes, use this as part of your information towards your appeal.
http://www.camerassavelives.vic.gov.au/home/cameras/how+cameras+work/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7oTrGF2kY&feature=player_embedded

DakDak
14-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Nah he didnt bother appealing it, dont know why, i guess he doesnt want to go through the trouble even though he put the time and effort into researching.

Yea court amd all that is a pain in the arse.

Feel free to watch this as NSW and VIC follow the same principles.
If a fine comes, use this as part of your information towards your appeal.
http://www.camerassavelives.vic.gov.au/home/cameras/how+cameras+work/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7oTrGF2kY&feature=player_embedded

Thanks for that bro. If I do get a ticket it wont be for running the red. I can live with that. But hopefully there,wont be no silly technicality to pin me with

ceekay101
14-04-2012, 10:12 AM
you should be fine? its happened to me twice. once going straight i stopped over the first line second i decided to turn left from the middle lane with left green and straight red, it flashed. no ticket or notice for either flashes. because i didnt run the red i just triggered the sensor if that makes sense?

EG52NV
14-04-2012, 07:15 PM
They gonna throw you in jail and bum sex your ass coz you drive a Honda lol jokes

Hitchy
26-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Slightly diferent take.
Had a similar thing happen with camera flash but no real reason.
So I called up and was told they use pics for random rego checks and apparently pick up alot of unregistered vehilces on the road.

CrystalSkull
26-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Flashed anyway. Red light camera paparazzi of honda fanboys?

DakDak
10-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Just an update.

Didnt get a fine =]

curtis265
10-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Congrats dude :)