PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] clutch bleed valve location

racerwannabe
09-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Can someone please tell me where the clutch bleed valve is? Pictures would help.

racerwannabe
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Aaronng where are you? I know you know the answer :)

aaronng
10-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I heard my name!

It is just underneath the intake manifold. You have to remove the coolant overflow bottle and you look down to just underneath the intake manifold plenum. You'll see the bleed nipple on the clutch slave cylinder which is covered in a black rubber cap.

racerwannabe
10-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Aaron you're a legend! Now I can bleed my clutch fluid.

aaronng
10-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Remember to get some clear tube to direct the clutch fluid down into a waste bottle. Don't want it getting on your bumper's paint!

roony
29-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi Aarong. Is this bleed valve where I pointed in the pic? thanks

http://i46.tinypic.com/10cuvx0.jpg

aaronng
29-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Aarong. Is this bleed valve where I pointed in the pic? thanks

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/10cuvx0.jpg[IMG]

Yes, that's it.

felixd
29-07-2012, 02:22 PM
LOL The fun part is getting the tool + wrench to get it there is a real bitch. HAHAHAHA. do it from under neath the vehicle to save you time.

roony
29-07-2012, 02:37 PM
great, thanks guys. Project for next weekend now :)

aaronng
29-07-2012, 02:59 PM
I just remove the coolant resevoir bottle, then go in from the right side (face the engine bay from the front and use your right hand to loop the 8mm spanner ring end on to the bleeder valve. Then take a long 5mm or 6mm clear tube and route it down to the bottom of the bumper into a waste bottle. Then put the clear hose opening over the bleeder valve (this is the tricky bit) and finally just pull the spanner up to open the valve. Start bleeding.

I just did it before driving out last weekend with my wife waiting in the car (got her to push the clutch pedal too). Process was quick as long as you can put your hands through (gently push the radiator hose to give yourself more clearance)

roony
29-07-2012, 05:46 PM
yes I just may do that as im kinda fed up of jacking the car. Hardest thing now is to find a second person lol. Thanks

aaronng
29-07-2012, 06:14 PM
yes I just may do that as im kinda fed up of jacking the car. Hardest thing now is to find a second person lol. Thanks

If you use a long tube that fits the drain valve perfectly, you can do it on your own.

1) Open the bleed valve
2) Pump clutch
3) Top up reservoir
4) Check that tube is fully filled with fluid and has zero air
5) Pump until satisfied, top up reservoir as required and close cap
6) Check tube that it is still fully filled with fluid
7) Tighten bleed valve
8) Carefully remove tube without splashing brake fluid around

The fluid in the tube will ensure that no air gets sucked in even if you stop pumping the clutch. Tube must fit properly so that it does not suck air back from gaps between the valve and tube.

roony
30-07-2012, 06:01 AM
Great. I have some tubes around, will see what fits best. Thanks.

roony
04-08-2012, 08:15 PM
All done. Hooked it up to a brake bleed setup I had lying around. I also removed the radiator fan for more room as couldnt secure the tube tightly. Dont have a resonator so was easy.

Clutch is much more smooth and engages good now.

http://i50.tinypic.com/15wlxnb.jpg