PDA

View Full Version : 06 accord euro ps pump

CHINTUKIM
12-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi Guys! Great to see such a forum. Got lots of information from this web site. Today I have a problem and would like to get some advice.

This morning my car started making some strange noise http ("whining" sound) . I took it to Larke Hoskins Roseberry (I bought the car there and got all the service done there too) and they reckon its the PS PUMP and it might need a replacement. They told me that its gonna be around couple of thousand dollars to do it. I googled and found that the same part (After market) from USA was much cheaper ($250 USD + Postage). In US, this car is badged under Accura TXS. Just wanted to get some opinion about importing the part from US and getting some local mechanic to replace it for me rather than going through the dealer and paying $1100 for an aftermarket PS pump or $1800 for the genuine one.

Thanks in advance

Fredoops
16-04-2012, 10:47 PM
^^^ try the accord euro sub-forum. More info/people there can help you

simonchau
17-04-2012, 04:03 AM
I think Honda meant to do it for free, cause there been a recall for it, check with them first before going ahead and buying a new one

Fredoops
17-04-2012, 08:11 AM
There was a recall on the power steering hose due to leak, if the hose problem was fixed in a timely manner then the ps pump will die. If Honda refuse to fix it, then call around locally for a refurbished one. Should be half the cost of a new one.

effjarz
03-05-2012, 09:43 PM
yea my powersteering pump died a while back , still drove it for a week without it cause i didnt have money to get it reconditioned and gained arms like arnold schwartzerneger , but it was only around 200 to get it reco'd and havnt had any problems since