PDA

View Full Version : 4th Gen OEM Kit?

djgarv
02-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Is there such a thing? I'm looking at picking up a 4th gen prelude in the next few weeks if *fingers crossed* i can find a nice, clean example...

IMO the car looks a bit too bare without anything on it...in the same way i think celicas do...i'm not a fan of huge phat body kits...so just wondering if there exists an OEM one?

bigteethygrin
03-03-2005, 05:11 AM
umm.. there are a few things you can do..

it depends how far you want to take it.. there are flamboyant style kits that are readily available some may consider the look a little OTT while others love the agression... then there are less agressive kits.. probably the best looking when done right but impossible to find is the 4th gen mugen kit imo, though the wings west rs kit is also pretty fine.

or you can always just get a lip. plenty of lips around.. lots that try to imitate the JUN style lip which looks very good. Also if wyn doesnt mind the plug http://www.preludeaustralia.com has a custom made carbon fibre lip currently for sale (only 10 made i think). Once again like the mugen kit there is also the spoon lip that will be near impossible to find but is probably the sweetest looking lip for the 4th gen i have seen.

anyways hope this helps. Dunno where you are but there is a supplier i found taht retails in aust.. he is syd based.. though a little pricey from quotes i have seen. www.unrealautosports.com this is the online shop you can check out a few kits there.

good luck man hope you make the right choice!

djgarv
04-03-2005, 01:26 AM
thanks for the advice dude
now thinkin of getting a 5th gen Si...so who knows lol
anyone know how much an OEM lip kit for that is?

NeRV
04-03-2005, 06:26 AM
5th Gen Si?? why not VTiR?? imo just get a 4th Gen VTiR which should be the same price as the 5th Gen Si, but the 4th Gen would be heaps better performance wise :) .. but its up too you.. i would just buy a 4th Gen, they look sexy.. but the 5th Gen can look pimp if you do it right...

djgarv
04-03-2005, 07:11 AM
welllll just budget limitations i guess. i been searching for 4th gen vtir but it's just so hard to find a nice clean example. dad's suggested i go for a newer si....just purely for the sake of having a newer, cleaner car which still performs OK. decisions decisions

NeRV
04-03-2005, 07:20 AM
Yea i know wat you mean.. im trying to look for a 4th Gen VTiR too.. but there's not much available that seems right.. the clean 4th Gen VTiR examples are expensive.. i saw one really nice 4th Gen VTiR looked immac and had low k's but was going for 18K which imo is way too much for a 96 car.. even a 5th Gen VTiR's 97/98 are going as low as 17K... with the OEM kit.. im not sure if there was any :S ... but come visit www.preludeaustralia.com and there should be more info on it.. but like bigteethygrin said.. i reckon the WWRS kit looks the best.. i think its rare on Ozzy 4th Gen's too

djgarv
04-03-2005, 09:00 AM
just can't make up my mind. but i guess being on the second hand market means it's even harder to make up your mind than if you had 40K lying around. Gonna see an integra vtir today too

industrie
04-03-2005, 09:14 AM
if you buy a honda it has to be the VTIR model..nothing less man..its a waste of money to purchase a S or Si model. So good luck with the search.

djgarv
05-03-2005, 02:07 AM
ended up getting the dc2 vtir today :)

one more chance
05-03-2005, 02:35 AM
i had a dc2 vtir and was very happy with it.. youll be more then happy... theyre great machines for the price... ageless design and bullet proof engine.. happy vtecn!

preludacris
07-03-2005, 02:41 AM
Geeez that sounded like an impulse buy if eva ive seen one......lol
Well done on the buy tho mate, teg vtir's are sik as

Thats 1 less buyer i have to compete with to find a nice clean 4th gen lude vtir tho :)

djgarv
07-03-2005, 02:51 AM
lol that's what all my friends think. one minute i'm searching for a car next minute i've got one already. but like i keep telling them it really was a good deal, so i couldn't pass it up. wouldn't say it was an impulse buy - more of a lucky one.

at least, that is what i tell myself to help me sleep at night.

91'lude
07-03-2005, 03:41 PM
How much, what year?

And what are you doing with ur accord, i know a mate is looking at one, i showed him pics of yours and he recons its the hottest one he's ever seen.

djgarv
07-03-2005, 08:27 PM
haha thanks for the compliments
i was driving behind my accord in my new car today and felt very sad cos yes i do think it looks very nice...LOL

bought my car (93) for $12300...the accord for now will probably be driven by my dad so i'm prob gonna be stripping all the mods

G33K
08-03-2005, 06:40 AM
93? isnt that a LS? Or do you mean it was made in 93 and distributed in 94, making it a dc2?

Anywayz, if it is a dc2(lol) the ones with the circle lights, then well done.....those are very nice cars......

djgarv
08-03-2005, 04:48 PM
yeah it was made in 93 but it is a dc2 so i assume it was first purchased in 94..or late 93...who knows

hehe

Vilos
08-03-2005, 08:41 PM
the one kit that suits that lude is the cyber kit.. its the only kit that flows with the original lines of the car!

G33K
09-03-2005, 08:57 AM
the one kit that suits that lude is the cyber kit.. its the only kit that flows with the original lines of the car!

Your kidding yea? lol that kit is.....ugmo! Only kit that i would consider putting on my lude is a WWRS like the guys have said b4, very sexy smooth not over done kit.

djgarv
09-03-2005, 01:29 PM
dunno what cyber looks like but judging by the crx cyber kit i'd guess it was really extreme and yeah...overdone

type one
09-03-2005, 09:01 PM
the 4th gen doesn't look good with any kit imo... better to keep body stock and lower with rims... one of those shapes that just doesn't take well to a bodykit... cheapens it.