PDA

View Full Version : cl9 nav/dvd ebay device

blk05gli
17-04-2012, 10:18 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/03-07-Honda-Accord-Car-GPS-Navigation-DVB-T-TV-DVD-Unit-/280717321939?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415c0e66d3
(http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/03-07-Honda-Accord-Car-GPS-Navigation-DVB-T-TV-DVD-Unit-/280717321939?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415c0e66d3)

anyone have this?

tony1234
18-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Looks the goods.If it works here in Aust.Who knows.

Nuggety Nugget
18-04-2012, 05:59 PM
I would definitely buy one if it works. Let me know :p

Snoop_gee
18-04-2012, 06:12 PM
im sure there will be loads of interest in this.

jono_l
18-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Climate control knob layout appears to be for LHD, with driver on left and passenger on right. No mention of which navigation software is bundled either, which may affect availability of Australian maps.

Personally I think the shape of the unit/fascia is all wrong (incorrect shape above dash cubby hole), the UI looks terrible, and the whole thing in general looks balls - would rather stick with an OEM non-nav unit with a windscreen mounted aftermarket GPS. That's just me though!

marquee
18-04-2012, 08:27 PM
There's been many reviews about it on the American accord forums but i forget what they said but consensus is it works if you have patience and luck and don't expect Any sort of support

tony1234
19-04-2012, 11:01 AM
There's been many reviews about it on the American accord forums but i forget what they said but consensus is it works if you have patience and luck and don't expect Any sort of support
Sounds about right.

5tH SiN
19-04-2012, 03:41 PM
One of my mates has this installed in his Accord. Works perfectly fine, he's actually installed Tomtom on it through a USB (you can install other GPS softwares of your choice). He's about to sell his car so he's passing the unit on to me to install in my euro.

heres a pic of it in action :)

Nuggety Nugget
28-04-2012, 05:13 PM
One of my mates has this installed in his Accord. Works perfectly fine, he's actually installed Tomtom on it through a USB (you can install other GPS softwares of your choice). He's about to sell his car so he's passing the unit on to me to install in my euro.

EDIT - Changed my mind, I won't be buying one. The unit doesn't display climate control temperature in celsius if at all (unclear from seller). LHD version only, displays Passenger on right and Driver on left. Things like these bother me too much to get one.

aiutn
18-05-2012, 01:22 PM
can anyone else weigh in here? looks alright on paper but its a lot of coin to drop.

EuroGraphite
18-05-2012, 02:11 PM
If I had a CL9 and was in the market to upgrade the stock console, I think I would get it. The GUI may not be up to oem standards but it does the job.

If it breaks, just put the old one back in. Use paypal so there is minimal monetary risk.

cheapdouchebag
19-05-2012, 12:55 AM

hey mate, ive been considering purchasing this for a while now.
can i ask, does it still work with the 6disc cd stacker? thats my main concern.
and how is the disc read speed? is it possible if u suss from ur mate how long the headunit takes to switch between tracks? i find with audio players esp the cheap mp3 portables chinese make theres a nice lengthy delay between tracks

MingZai
19-05-2012, 10:27 AM
hey mate, ive been considering purchasing this for a while now.
can i ask, does it still work with the 6disc cd stacker? thats my main concern.
and how is the disc read speed? is it possible if u suss from ur mate how long the headunit takes to switch between tracks? i find with audio players esp the cheap mp3 portables chinese make theres a nice lengthy delay between tracks

Now I don't have one of these devices myself but I've replaced my OEM head unit with an aftermaket one.
Installing this Aftermarkey / Ebay one does not work with the basic CD stacker as that CD stacker itself is part of the head unit as one massive piece of equipment haha. You will be removing the headunit which contains all the controls for the temperature, cd stacker and tuner (am / fm radio). Unless this new aftermarket headunit has a 6 CD Stacker like the OEM one then you won't have that function anymore (maybe it only has 1). But I don't use CD's anymore and prefer to use my HD or my friends prefer to use their iPods so there was never a loss of function for me ^^.

cheapdouchebag
19-05-2012, 11:13 AM
^ so pretty much ur generalising aftermarket headunits
im asking specifically this unit which i doubt anyone has the answer to than 5th sin and his friend that has it installed.

MingZai
19-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Well this unit is an aftermarket headunit...

I'm telling you unless you have the power spliced to BOTH the headunits (which most harnesses won't do) your cd changer won't work.

cheapdouchebag
19-05-2012, 10:50 PM
This unit is an aftermarket headunit correct, but it is not a 'addon' like the single/double din ones in which renders the OEM headunit useless most people install in the cubby hole, therefore there is no splicing of power. this is the pure replacement.

i am assuming if the headunit can replace the climate controls too, and looking at the pictures some wiring does not require a harness eg. climate control buttons. so im asking will it connect the oem cd stacker like it connects the oem climate controls.

marquee
20-05-2012, 06:00 PM
What ming is saying is that the original headunit includes the stacker once removed the stacker is also removed and this device IM pretty sure only has one CD spot.

MingZai
20-05-2012, 10:01 PM
This unit is an aftermarket headunit correct, but it is not a 'addon' like the single/double din ones in which renders the OEM headunit useless most people install in the cubby hole, therefore there is no splicing of power. this is the pure replacement.

i am assuming if the headunit can replace the climate controls too, and looking at the pictures some wiring does not require a harness eg. climate control buttons. so im asking will it connect the oem cd stacker like it connects the oem climate controls.

Yes sorry your right, just realized I kept thinking about "add on aftermarket headunits not direct replacement".
To start over again depending on what this aftermarket replacement one has.. is what you get (1 CD or 6 CD).
Using an aftermarket one doesn't necessarily make the OEM one useless. (Just need to get the power source to it ;) )
You will not need any harness (well hopefully) as the plugs from the car should bolt right in...

Two green, 1 blue, 1 white and 1 brown (it's either 4 or 5 plugs) Can't remember xD

What ming is saying is that the original headunit includes the stacker once removed the stacker is also removed and this device IM pretty sure only has one CD spot.

Thanks for decoding my rambling LOL