PDA

View Full Version : S2k wont move!?

Herrod-6
18-04-2012, 10:35 PM
ok guys, i need someone to help me out here
the car is in gear clutch released the speedo showing 10km/h and the car isnt moving,
what the hell is going on here? :s

second time in pretty much 4days, ive had it "fixed" the first time, been told it was the left driveshaft they put a new one on and the car was driving agian, and now this happened, im pissed off and not sure what to do...

any s2k owners know a good mechanic that can fix this issue for me?

cheers,
Sam.

ludecrs
18-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Ur location?

manolii
19-04-2012, 07:17 AM
do a search and talk to people on a mechanic that has a good reputation

Herrod-6
19-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Ur location?

Melbourne

grifty
19-04-2012, 08:49 AM
did u launch ur car hard recently?

senna
19-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Any weird noises coming from the car? If the diff or CVs were busted generally they make a hell of a racket...

Herrod-6
19-04-2012, 09:34 AM
i havent launced the car ever since i got the car back from the mechanic which was two days ago, driving normal and it left go on me :s

The left cv joint was changed two days ago, been told the is perfect to drive, and now something else let go...

manolii
19-04-2012, 09:45 AM
have them look at the diff

Herrod-6
19-04-2012, 09:52 AM
have them look at the diff

Deffinately will be, just waiting on the car to come to the mechanic 10mins away (getting towed)

anyone know where i was find a second hand diff in Melbourne? know of anyone selling one on the forum?
shoot me a PM guys

manolii
19-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Deffinately will be, just waiting on the car to come to the mechanic 10mins away (getting towed)

anyone know where i was find a second hand diff in Melbourne? know of anyone selling one on the forum?
shoot me a PM guys

Usually a wrecker

VeYzZii
19-04-2012, 01:33 PM
If the speed is showing on your dash it means the problem is past the gearbox. So it will probably be CVs or Diff. Both should cause some sounds... Any noise>

Herrod-6
19-04-2012, 01:56 PM
If the speed is showing on your dash it means the problem is past the gearbox. So it will probably be CVs or Diff. Both should cause some sounds... Any noise>

just got back from the mechanics, the problem is the Diff and the CVs are fine, the noise it was making was more likr the gears inside the Diff werent holding...

any Melbourne(and interstate) s2000 owners know a wrecker who might have Diffs?

manolii
19-04-2012, 02:18 PM
just got back from the mechanics, the problem is the Diff and the CVs are fine, the noise it was making was more likr the gears inside the Diff werent holding...

any Melbourne(and interstate) s2000 owners know a wrecker who might have Diffs?

Ask if needs to be replaced or if it can be reconditioned.

Just do a google search for honda wreckers and ring around for a diff

Ten Four
19-04-2012, 02:45 PM
There's some on ebay

[daan]
19-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Go to HondWreck or Hondworld mate, both in Melbourne and should have what you are looking for. Give them a call first to confirm the part and price. They can even do delivery to your mechanic if required.

Herrod-6
20-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Well guys, Got the car back from the Mechanics the cause was again the Left CV joint that they have replaced, and wasnt the Diff (been told the diff is in Good Shape but to get that checked too incase)
they were sure that my wheels/coilovers/driveshaft spacers were the cause of this problem :s (the wheels are 18x9.5 running 245/40 tyres, coilovers are on above legal height, driveshaft spacers were there when i bought the car) can all these cause this problem?

im currently changing the wheels back to my stock AP1s...

Can the mods cause all this issue? or is this just a excuse?
How can i stop breaking the Left CV joint? and i do cruise it pretty much all the time...

AusS2000
21-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Sounds like an excuse to me. I've been running 18x9 and spacers for years with only a few issues that can easily be attributable to abuse and the turbo. Since I have cleaned up my driving I have not had any problems.

J-K
21-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Find a mechanic who can do a full inspection of the vehicle and perhaps ask them drive it as well before and after. hope all goes well!

zhong
23-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Did you buy second hand drive shafts? In my experience, buying re-manufactured shafts from USA is better than buying second hand. They're brand new, manufactured pretty well, come with warranty and are cheap as chips!

If your speedo is reading 10km/h when your on idle - maybe check your VSS sensor - I think you can access it from the engine bay IIRC.

Goodluck!

Herrod-6
25-04-2012, 09:28 PM
sorry guys, have been on Ozhonda for a while due to work/uni etc...
the car feels good might be because of riding on stock wheels, driving like a grandpa (but still have that fear if i start giving it a hard time its going to let go on me again)
so untill i have time to take it to a mechanic who undestands these cars really well, i will be driving it like a grandpa -.-

Thanks for all the feedback and Help guys.