PDA

View Full Version : Best intake system for dc2 vtir

skeptic_
20-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Planning to buy an intake system for my dc2 vtir. Just want to know everyone's opinions and experiences with intakes.

What do you guys think are best(value for gains) intake systems for a dc2? Cheers

ericl33
20-04-2012, 03:02 AM
bang for buck = injen

you plan on keeping the vtir intake manifold?

skeptic_
20-04-2012, 03:16 AM
bang for buck = injen

you plan on keeping the vtir intake manifold?
Yeh im leaning towards injen CAI but just worried about the rain here in sydney.. and yes i plan to keep my IM, why what's the alternative if i changed my IM?

simmy
20-04-2012, 03:18 AM
injen,

if youre up for sound only, get a short ram intake

if you want to look cool, get a mugen/gruppe

ericl33
20-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Yeh im leaning towards injen CAI but just worried about the rain here in sydney.. and yes i plan to keep my IM, why what's the alternative if i changed my IM?
same intake, but there are 2 versions.

one to suit the dc2r style manifold and one to suit the vtir style.

if you plan to go junk2 or blox (both dc2r style) or whatever manifold, then I would wait till you upgrade the manifold b4 you spend money on the intake.

regarding rain & water..... I've never had issues.

people that have issues have no common sense, it's not that bad. You obviously wouldn't drive into a pool of water, but even heavy rain, it's ok.

ericl33
20-04-2012, 03:20 AM
injen,

I don't think mugen suits the vtir manifold.

not 100% on this.

skeptic_
20-04-2012, 03:31 AM
same intake, but there are 2 versions.

one to suit the dc2r style manifold and one to suit the vtir style.

if you plan to go junk2 or blox (both dc2r style) or whatever manifold, then I would wait till you upgrade the manifold b4 you spend money on the intake.

regarding rain & water..... I've never had issues.

people that have issues have no common sense, it's not that bad. You obviously wouldn't drive into a pool of water, but even heavy rain, it's ok.
ohh okay i understand, that has helped me alot coz i was planning to buy a skunk2 IM with a injen vtir CAI.. soo ide have to either keep the oem IM and get a vtir CAI or change the IM and get a type r version intake? how about the TB does that effect the 2 versions?

ericl33
20-04-2012, 03:36 AM
ohh okay i understand, that has helped me alot coz i was planning to buy a skunk2 IM with a injen vtir CAI.. soo ide have to either keep the oem IM and get a vtir CAI or change the IM and get a type r version intake? how about the TB does that effect the 2 versions?
that's correct, if you get a junk2 manifold, you need the dc2r intake.

TB doesn't matter, it's joined on by silicone joins.

what matters is the vtir TB/IM will sit a lot lower than the dc2r.

hence 2 different versions.

skeptic_
20-04-2012, 03:41 AM
that's correct, if you get a junk2 manifold, you need the dc2r intake.

TB doesn't matter, it's joined on by silicone joins.

what matters is the vtir TB/IM will sit a lot lower than the dc2r.

hence 2 different versions.
ohh okay, thanks heaps for that. LOL at "junk2" is that what you think about the brand or the IM? how about if i get a skunk2 TB will it be compatible with the oem IM but just get the opening bored out to match the size of the TB?

skeptic_
20-04-2012, 03:44 AM
Also what do you prefer ericl33, change both IM and intake to type r version on keep oem IM and get vtir intake? coz the only thing stopping me from getting skunk2 IM is that i heard you have to get a tune after so the engine can recgonize the change from dual stage IM to single stage IM?

ericl33
20-04-2012, 03:55 AM
Also what do you prefer ericl33, change both IM and intake to type r version on keep oem IM and get vtir intake? coz the only thing stopping me from getting skunk2 IM is that i heard you have to get a tune after so the engine can recgonize the change from dual stage IM to single stage IM?
depends on your budget.

if you got money to burn or don't mind spending, then get junk2 IM and dc2r version intake.

of course you will need a tune, but will be worth it.

worth port matching IM & TB

worth doing headwork. IE. cams, vanve springs, retainers.

all comes doen to money

ericl33
20-04-2012, 03:56 AM
ohsc 24hr support team.

yeah byuddy.

ericl33
20-04-2012, 05:22 AM
ohh okay, thanks heaps for that. LOL at "junk2" is that what you think about the brand or the IM? how about if i get a skunk2 TB will it be compatible with the oem IM but just get the opening bored out to match the size of the TB?
I doubt the junk TB will go on the vtir IM.

I tried an Ericks racing TB on stock IM, didn't work/10. Ericks is same design as junk i think.

FYI, I'm using a INjen, ericks TB, junk2 IM

CRXDEL501
20-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Money and overall end result you want of the car

As for intakes, aem, fujita, injen

I had fujita on my dc2 and loved it. Complimented with a bloc velocity intake though ;)

skeptic_
21-04-2012, 02:08 AM
What do you guys think about Password:JDM dry carbon fiber intake system?

Evok
21-04-2012, 04:51 AM
What do you guys think about Password:JDM dry carbon fiber intake system?

Better to use the resource people have proven good gains from ( not saying the jdm dry it system doesn't )
Trust, don't want to end up changing in the future.

Injen is the way to go
Same with the tune, Its required, Also means you need to get a piggy back computer or ecu ( Hondata prefs )

IMO, ill wait till every other mod is done until i mess around with intake manifold...Then you can get everything tuned at once

skeptic_
21-04-2012, 01:30 PM
True okay. I'm thinking of just leaving my oem IM for now and just getting the injen CAI vtir version and then when i save ALOT lol for my headers, cat and exhaust combo then I'll sell my CAI and get the skunk2 IM and buy the type r version CAI. I know I end up spending more but I know I'm not gonna get all these mods anytime soon that's for sure so yeh, thanks for the advice though, really helpful. Btw how much would a hondata plus tune cost? Roughly

ericl33
21-04-2012, 01:35 PM
1k - 2k

dougie_504
21-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Honestly if you want an aluminium pipe CAI just get an EBAY one. Pipe is pipe. Just make sure you have a half-decent filter but even those are mostly the same.

ericl33
21-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Honestly if you want an aluminium pipe CAI just get an EBAY one. Pipe is pipe. Just make sure you have a half-decent filter but even those are mostly the same.

mate, look here..............

it's not the same, if you think otherwise, you can go get.......

JayTea18
21-04-2012, 03:00 PM
[QUOTE=skeptic_;3350472]What do you guys think about Password:JDM dry carbon fiber

For my opinion , my set up is :
* skunk 2 intake manifold and throttle body
* black injen cai

but if i were to go back i would just get:
* password jdm carbon fibre intake with an aluminium air box

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?116287-Aluminium-Air-Boxes

NightKids
21-04-2012, 03:02 PM
AEM is prob the best. Good gains and don't cost an arm and a leg like Injen

ericl33
21-04-2012, 03:07 PM
you guys saying AEM/Password JDM

you guys seen dyno graphs to back up claims?

last thing we want is thesaint butt dyno talking.

infurNOS
22-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Comptech-Air-Intake-Kit-94-99-Integra-GSR-/170812452946?hash=item27c5373052&item=170812452946&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Fits with stock VTiR IM, and it can probably sit in your factory air box. Just remove the resonator in the bumper and you will effectively have a CAI wbecause the air box will keep the engine bay heat out.

OR

to save coin just DIY with aluminium pipe and buy a decent filter to replicate the above.

skeptic_
23-04-2012, 01:24 AM
I like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Comptech-Air-Intake-Kit-94-99-Integra-GSR-/170812452946?hash=item27c5373052&item=170812452946&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Fits with stock VTiR IM, and it can probably sit in your factory air box. Just remove the resonator in the bumper and you will effectively have a CAI wbecause the air box will keep the engine bay heat out.

OR

to save coin just DIY with aluminium pipe and buy a decent filter to replicate the above.
So this is the same intake arm and pod as the 'comptech ice box' just without the box? and are you sure this will fit into the oem air box? coz i have removed the resonator already.

xQuizit
23-04-2012, 07:48 PM
injen,

Money and overall end result you want of the car

As for intakes, aem, fujita, injen

I had fujita on my dc2 and loved it. Complimented with a bloc velocity intake though

Better to use the resource people have proven good gains from ( not saying the jdm dry it system doesn't )
Trust, don't want to end up changing in the future.

Injen is the way to go
Same with the tune, Its required, Also means you need to get a piggy back computer or ecu ( Hondata prefs )

IMO, ill wait till every other mod is done until i mess around with intake manifold...Then you can get everything tuned at once

Honestly if you want an aluminium pipe CAI just get an eBay one. Pipe is pipe. Just make sure you have a half-decent filter but even those are mostly the same.

^This, if your gonna go for a CAI you might as well just get any eBay branded one and save yourself some money. At the end of the day a pipe is a pipe & they probably all perform just as the same, it just comes to choosing between the brand (injen, aem, fujita). In saying this though, if you wana go this route get Fujita as the cone is shaped somewhat similar to that of an apexi power intake for better airflow, better than that of its competition.

On the other side "high-end" intakes such of that as Mugen, Gruppe M or Js racing are a different story they are quality intakes in design, craftsmanship and proven performance, thus your are gona pay for more than just an aluminium & cone. Search the archive files on honda-tech or team-integra in which the guys have dyno results of the range of intakes for dc2's, from memory Mugen outperformed all however by not that much.

skeptic_
02-05-2012, 03:24 AM
I know not many people use this intake but what do you guys think about the K&N FIPK intake with heat sheild?

Forbiddenoob
03-05-2012, 01:04 AM
IM using J racing