PDA

View Full Version : Ways to send car parts?

Timothy
20-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Hey guys,
I want to look into posting a strut brace interstate, I'm just wondering how I would go about doing this?
I'm new to posting large-ish things so any help would be great.
Thanks!

p3akin
20-04-2012, 01:39 PM
call up bhf courier and give them your details of the package and where you want to send it.

they do the rest

MRJDM
20-04-2012, 02:09 PM
ego.com

grifty
20-04-2012, 02:15 PM
ego.com

+1 cheapest way unless u got corporate accounts with couriers

EG52NV
20-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Interparcel.com.au

EG52NV
20-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Wtf is ego.com when I went to it it's a shop

trism
20-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Its www.e-go.com.au

mocchi
20-04-2012, 04:26 PM
e-go is cheap but be careful to add in some insurance to your parcel.
if they lose your parcel, you cant go to depot to ask for information.
receptionist just gonna brush you off. terrible customer service.

only way you can complain is to call hunter express, e-go is just online face.

grifty
20-04-2012, 04:39 PM

ive had bad experiences with e-go aswell, took em 1 whole week to pickup a package in the cbd, they never got back to me with the reason why.

impossi13le
20-04-2012, 11:34 PM
i reckon you can do it through auspost. not too expensive - just make sure you wrap the item in tons of bubble wrap, cause they dont like to be delicate with our items. i sent an eg6 wing thru auspost and although it came to the buyer, it wasnt in 100% perfect condition so yeah just take extra measures when packing your item

EG52NV
21-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Sometimes interparcel.com.au works out cheaper than aust post and courier picks up from you.

mugen_ctr
21-04-2012, 01:04 AM
are most of these services u drop off than the buyer has to pickup from depot or is it like bigger companies like UPS and USPS, where they drop if off at ur door step? ofcourse these are international and much bigger companies, but jus an example

JDM EP3
21-04-2012, 01:32 AM
^ You can have it door to door, door to depot, depot to door etc.
ego for me has been fine never had issues with them sent plenty of stuff through them also. I had a whole go-kart and like 3 boxes ~100kg worth with it shipped from Gold coast to Melb for $140!

Drifter995
21-04-2012, 02:19 AM
yeah, I just quoted how much it'd cost to send a city turbo2 motor and gearbox down from sydney... $167. Very very decent. But yeah, e-go is a cheap service of australian air freight or something I believe... whatever the one is in st leonards... At least that's what I was told.

As for aus post, they don't have a fragile service... I wrapped everything I posted in shitloads of fragile tape (cause no money for packing tape) and the receptionist was like 'We don't offer a fragile service, so make sure it's packed well, and will survive being dropped... they won't be very careful with it' Hmm... 13" kenwood excelon sub... $1,500 rrp... ****. guy got it safe and sound though... so that wasn't too bad. they don't take anything over 45x45x45 I think it is... or 60x60x60... if I recall correctly that is.

bummy
21-04-2012, 06:09 PM

imo e-go is not the ones to blame for the bad service. it's the actual courier company that gets the jobs through e-go (eg. hunter express). so if you guys do have issues with your parcels not being delivered, don't call up e-go customer service, instead, call up the actual courier company where the parcel was dropped off or picked up by.

mocchi
21-04-2012, 10:18 PM

ive had bad experiences with e-go aswell, took em 1 whole week to pickup a package in the cbd, they never got back to me with the reason why.

imo e-go is not the ones to blame for the bad service. it's the actual courier company that gets the jobs through e-go (eg. hunter express). so if you guys do have issues with your parcels not being delivered, don't call up e-go customer service, instead, call up the actual courier company where the parcel was dropped off or picked up by.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2iiest1.gif

Timothy
21-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!
I'll give one of those places a go.

spambam88
24-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Hey Guys,
To those that have used e-go, and have posted interstate, how long was delivery usually ? my track and trace says on-forwarding - road freight 23/05/2012 8:27pm . I assume its on its way, but it also said over night delivery before 5pm next day from Sydney to Melbourne ?
then read this :http://www.productreview.com.au/p/e-go.html
so kinda worried

JDM EP3
24-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey Guys,
To those that have used e-go, and have posted interstate, how long was delivery usually ? my track and trace says on-forwarding - road freight 23/05/2012 8:27pm . I assume its on its way, but it also said over night delivery before 5pm next day from Sydney to Melbourne ?
then read this :http://www.productreview.com.au/p/e-go.html
so kinda worried

It'll take about 2 days to arrive, I know when I bought some rims they were sent on a Monday and they called me Wednesday to tell me they arrived. I have never had any issues with e-go and have plenty of stuff sent to me through them and always been happy.

hoojee
25-05-2012, 09:53 AM
transdirect are pretty decent. door-to-door service and prices are competitive to e-go but 1000 times better customer service. highly recommend.

set of wheels with tyre from VIC to QLD was only $85 or so door to door arrived in 2 days.