PDA

View Full Version : Dc2 Vti-r header + cat + catback sizing

skeptic_
21-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi guys, in the future i plan to get skunk2 alpha headers with a 2.5" outlet + 2.5" hi flow cat + 2.36" skunk2 catback.

The headers and cat will bolt on with no problem but how will the cat outlet bolt onto the 2.36" cat back if they are different sizes?

Would i have to get the cat outlet changed to a 2.36" outlet to match the catback? Or can i choose what outlet size i want when i buy the hi flow cat? Thanks in advice!

mugen_ctr
21-04-2012, 07:59 PM
2.36 inch or 60mm is an usual size in australia... normally its best to keep it same size all da way through... but if u insist, yes just weld on a new flange onto the cat, or u can also do another way which is cost more, just cut a segment of the exhaust were it bolts upto, and weld 2.5 inch pipe onto the cat back.... so u keep the 2.5 flange on the cat, and make the exhaust fit the cat

so realistically either mod the exhaust to fit the cat or vice versa :)

Forbiddenoob
21-04-2012, 08:32 PM
What Mugen_ctr said. Best go 2.5 all the way

skeptic_
22-04-2012, 03:51 AM
I understand that its best to keep it the same size through but why would skunk2 create their headers with a 2.5" collector if they dont have any 2.5" catbacks? They have the skunk2 megapower 60mm(2.36"), megapower R 70mm(2.75") and the megapower RR 76mm(3"). And they also "claim" that all the skunk2 headers bolt on to skunk2 catbacks? but technically they dont coz they both have to bolt on to the CAT in the middle of the two which is where i get confused about the sizing.. So why do skunk2 say they bolt on? Some one please clarify, thanks again.

SU-WOOP
22-04-2012, 04:29 AM
ull fint that the oem dounut flange can acomdate bolting from smaller to bigger and still seal
and that the 3 tri angle bolts are always the same distance appart just the outlet is bigger
best go to and exhaust shop and custom make your cat to match you b pipe and headers instead of having trouble deciding on what size and who makes what
and you wont get stuck with length or flange issues

rhys.l
22-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Dude, you way over-think things.

What's 0.14"...a couple of mms? As said above the bolt holes in both the flanges will match up and therefore the two pieces will bolt together. And a gasket will seal the join

SU-WOOP
22-04-2012, 11:43 PM
was just advice
good luck with the bolt-ons

skeptic_
23-04-2012, 12:47 AM
Dude, you way over-think things.

What's 0.14"...a couple of mms? As said above the bolt holes in both the flanges will match up and therefore the two pieces will bolt together. And a gasket will seal the join
Haha yeh i do admitt i think alot.. that's just the way i am. But yeh thanks for the advice, its only 3.5mm difference.. LOL, i didnt notice until you put it that way, cheers.