PDA

View Full Version : honda integra dc2 vti-r

airjourdan1
23-04-2012, 09:23 PM
hey guys I'm looking to put an exhaust system on my car , I'm soon purchasing an intake system and headers. Ive been told straight pipes with a varex will enhance the vtec engine and make it sound good. I want the best exhaust system to enhance the car to its fullest potential and to give the car a nice loud clean sound.

Jooboy
24-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Hey Mate,

I'm assuming that you are looking for advice in regards to the best item to get? To say you want to enhance it to it's fullest potential is one thing but you need to take a couple of things into account.

First of all there are the legal implications, namely volume and emissions. You could always have a side pipe straight from the headers and this will give you the best outcome but of course isn't really a good idea (cops will be on you quick smart (that and you'll be deaf).

For an easy option you can always look at prefabricated items on the internet etc but these won't necessarily be cheap or even good quality.
Another option is to go into a garage or the like and they can discuss fabrications to met your needs.
All in all there isn't a "best" option.
Also build threads can always give some good insight

curtis265
24-04-2012, 12:07 PM
I'd suggest having a few resonators along the pipe, straight pipes sound shit, seriously. and a varex has no muffling qualities when open, farking loud

straight pipes will not give a clean sound

airjourdan1
26-04-2012, 10:39 AM
how about the skunk2 megapower , with the same megapower headers and injen cai

infurNOS
26-04-2012, 12:19 PM
If you get custom make sure you get a 2.5" and 2 resonators about 12-14" long each otherwise you will have the fartiest, tinniest sounding car around, esp if it isnt a Japanese muffler.

I recommend Fujitsubu RM01A or PowerGetter, both sound AWESOME and i think you will be very happy with it. RM01A if you want midrange gains, PowerGetter if you are after top end.

TGW92
28-04-2012, 11:22 PM
If you get custom make sure you get a 2.5" and 2 resonators about 12-14" long each otherwise you will have the fartiest, tinniest sounding car around, esp if it isnt a Japanese muffler.

I recommend Fujitsubu RM01A or PowerGetter, both sound AWESOME and i think you will be very happy with it. RM01A if you want midrange gains, PowerGetter if you are after top end.

Hehe glad I got the rm01a then :)

ot: I personally prefer pre made systems to custom ones as you will have a better idea of sound, quality and power gains...

Don't go with a straight pipe, it will be stupidly loud with a poor quality sound, and you will probably lose power from the loss in back pressure in the exhaust system...

As you don't seem to mind about the car being loud, look at 4-1 headers or an exhaust like the buddyclub spec 2 or 3...

Not my choice as I prefer quietness but these should give decent gains along with the noise :)

gen2 CRX
28-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Headers do not effect how loud the car will sound

Evok
29-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Full potential? Get system done at once with quality branded headers 2.5 outlet into a 100 cell high flow cat / test pipe ( track only ) into a 2.5 inch cat back with resonators and a megaflow design muffler.
A magnaflow muffler is a better option IMO

If you got money...just get it done at a exhaust shop all at once...
If your from Sydney..go to hax northmead performance exhaust and tell them you want the best system you can get .
Be ready to whip out your wallet.