PDA

View Full Version : HELP! vibration shudder @2000rpm under load

swiftvin
24-04-2012, 10:15 PM
wondering if someone coudl help plze

i have 04 accord euro 2.4, 129000kms

at low speeds under load & just under 2000rpm i am getting a shudder /vibration

almost like a stutter through whole front end

i have spent $$$$ with one mechanic to change high quality plugs but still same problem and now he says try change coils butt they are $200 a pop x 4...crap!!!

another said it could be cv or engine mount - but they seem fine and no crunching of cv joints woudl be tell signs...

im in Birbsane if anyone knows a honda mechaninc i can trust....appreciate amny thoughts /////totallylost.,

trism
24-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Auto or manual?

dorikin
24-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Does it feel like the engine is mis-firing when accelerating or is it more like a shudder through the driveline?

This will help tell whether its engine related or otherwise

dorikin
24-04-2012, 10:26 PM
You might want to read this, sounds like your problem

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?132350-FINALLY-THE-ANSWER-TO-THE-SHAKING-EUROS-%28Well-my-one-anyways-P%29

swiftvin
25-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Many thanks...yes its an Auto but interesting thing when switching to Manual i cant reproduce the vibration at same rev range. Does that mean transmission problem? i pray not..

to be honest its more of a shudder thru the drive-train but its hard to pick as an engine stutter produces very similar result.

the first mechanic wasn't sure either and is suggesting to replace one of the cylinder coils but says the car's computer (HONDA) isnt telling him which cylinder is misfiring.????

if it was misfiring I'm trying to work out why it would only do that at only 1900~2000rpm and not throughout all the rev range?

Hitchy
20-08-2012, 11:30 PM
And.....?

What was the problem?

About to start trouble shooting the same thing. Vibration through car under load/medium acceleration particularly at speed.
Inner CV joint or bent axle from searches? Two engine mounts already done.

tony1234
21-08-2012, 07:22 PM
You might want to read this, sounds like your problem

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?132350-FINALLY-THE-ANSWER-TO-THE-SHAKING-EUROS-%28Well-my-one-anyways-P%29

I agree.I'd bet money that your driveshafts/CV joint/s need replacing.

chuboy
23-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Not entirely related but don't want to start a new thread... I have a similar issue where the first time I drive off after getting in the car I hear a soft clunk before the AT changes out of 1st.

Problem is easy to reproduce... pull away slowly and stay light on the throttle. Accelerate slowly and there is a soft clunk as the revs increase that you can hear and just feel through the accelerator pedal. Happens only once while driving, before (but definitely not right before) changing out of 1st. Doesn't happen again until the car is switched off...

Any ideas as to why the cause could be?