PDA

View Full Version : EK hatch facelift grill

Qemal
25-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi guys, just bought a 99 Ek hatch. Looking for a jdm grill.
I've searched and might DIY but has anyone bought one off
eBay? Like this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=380399767801

Is the quality any good?

Cheers

mugen_ctr
25-04-2012, 05:03 PM
you get for what u pay for as the saying goes...

Fitment is always an issue, though some are good than some jus look wrong in terms of fitment and gap

Brought one for my mates misses, fitment on one side is spot on, the other side was bit off, and noticeable...

Diy is good alternative, since fitment is always spot on, but comes down to the quality of craftsmanship

mrtony
25-04-2012, 05:20 PM
^ Agree fitment is usually an issue with aftermarket grills.

try this DIY maybe? atleast the fitment is 100%
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?50735-Diy-Ek9-Grill&highlight=diy+grill

getm_up
25-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Hey mate i recently bought a Type R grill from G-Force on ebay.
The grill sits on the piss too the left. The holes werent drilled on the grill in the right position.
They said Aus Civics arent the same as JAP/US Civic, and wouldnt offer a refund. I had to open a dispute.

TBH, i will be doing a DIY on a second hand one from the wreckers, you can buy them cheap and your not wrecking your original grill and feeding shit companies money.

Alot of aftermaret parts have a high possibility of not fitting correctly after being replicated many times.

Good luck :D

Qemal
25-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys! Might find my self a second grill and DIY!

FAITHLESS
25-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Thanks guys! Might find my self a second grill and DIY!
I own that exact grille.
The upper mesh bolts block the fitment to the chassis but I simply removed the upper and lower mesh bolts, moved the mesh down a bit, and reattached only the lower mesh bolts. The rivet holes at top of the grille (that fit the grille to the chassis) line up fine but there are no lower grille holes (like in the stock grille). That said I haven't had any problems with it yet. Just a little work to get it to fit.

|N|
15-05-2012, 06:21 PM
DIY it if u dont want to spend much.. it aint rocket science